Household Gross income of Vibe owners???

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
QUIKAG

Household Gross income of Vibe owners???

Post by QUIKAG »

Curious because I'm wondering if this is more of a nice, new starter car for new families/ younger people or a second or third car for more established older families... In US currency, so please convert from Canadian..
'03 Vibe GT monotone silver/black interior, 17 inch wheels, 6-disc changer, power packageMods: AEM intake, TRD springs, A-spec Strut Bar'01 Corvette Coupe silver/black interior, six-speed, Z51, a few mods, 12.29 at 117.3mph in 1/4 mile on street tires.
coratz

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (QUIKAG)

Post by coratz »

wow somebody makes over 80000$ wow!!!!!!! usd!! holy cow, wish that was me.
QUIKAG

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (coratz)

Post by QUIKAG »

Okay, one of those $80,000 responses was me because I screwed up and had to add that choice after I posted the poll. When I added it as a choice, it must have thought that I was picking that choice....Anyway, I'm not over $80k yet, so you can take down one of those in that choice.
'03 Vibe GT monotone silver/black interior, 17 inch wheels, 6-disc changer, power packageMods: AEM intake, TRD springs, A-spec Strut Bar'01 Corvette Coupe silver/black interior, six-speed, Z51, a few mods, 12.29 at 117.3mph in 1/4 mile on street tires.
SCTM

Post by SCTM »

quote:wow somebody makes over 80000$ wow!!!!!!! usd!! holy cow, wish that was me. Now imagine it's over $130,000 monopoly... ooops! CDN$and nearly 80,000 EUROS - WOW!Now, make your wish...
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

It is household gross so over $80K is a definite possibility.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Stang2Vibe

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Sputnik)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

That's exactly the problem with using household gross income. Perhaps a better figure to use would be the income of the Vibe's primary driver. In my family, my mom and stepdad are both over 50, are professionals in their fields, and work full time. My younger sister is in pharmacy school and works in a pharmacy (part time during school, full time in summer), and I work part time during school, full time during summer. $80,000 adds up pretty quick but is not reflective of my income (I am the Vibe owner/driver). Funny, I have the most education completed toward my field, yet have the lowest hourly wage of all the members in my family. Hey, there's something wrong here!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Sputnik

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by Sputnik »

My boyfriend and I share the cost of the Vibe, so combining our incomes would be accurate.
GenVibe Global Moderator

d_m_kolb

Post by d_m_kolb »

hmmm must be nice to have money. LOL Military pay SUCKS!!!!!!!
coratz

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Admin II)

Post by coratz »

dont be fooled!!! the more money you make in canada, the more freaken tax you pay!!!!! im sure its similar in the u.sif you make 31000 in canada, your doing better than the guy making 38000$ tax sucks! income tax, gst, pst, property tax, takeout tax, fuel tax, gross weekly income 1610, 450 in deductions(incometax ei,cpp) i end up with just over 1100 bucks!
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

quote:My boyfriend and I share the cost of the Vibe, so combining our incomes would be accurate. Actually, since you aren't married, your combined income cannot be considered household income for most purposes. Anyway, that is why I proposed measuring the income of the primary user.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

quote:dont be fooled!!! the more money you make in canada, the more freaken tax you pay!!!!! im sure its similar in the u.sif you make 31000 in canada, your doing better than the guy making 38000$ tax sucks!This is quite true here in the states. The tax system here is screwed up too. People don't understand it, either. If you make over $32,000 (US), you are considered by the government as wealthy. The top 5% of wage earners pay over 82% of the total taxes collected. How is that fair? The people who pay nothing are complaining that they aren't getting anything. What the hell is up with that? Then when we propose a tax cut, who complains the most that it is not fair? The people who are paying little or nothing to begin with. If you go back in history to the founding of the U.S. government, it is very clear that they didn't want the federal government in the tax business. It wasn't until the early 1900's that the income tax amendment to the Constitution was passed, and there is now an arguement that it did not legally pass. My God, when the colonists were taxed by the English, they threw all the tea in the harbor, burned towns and cities, and boycotted all English goods that were taxed. Now when we propose a tax CUT, everyone goes ballistic even though it would benefit them. People in this country are screwed up.If you want to understand the US tax system and how the proposed tax cuts would work, please visit http://www.warroom.com/simptaxlaws.htm . It is very short and very easy to understand.
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

Ok now in my opinion this question is out of line. This is a site for Vibe owners,and my imcome is flat none of your d--- business. It is totally none of anyones business but mine---but I will tell you this I have owned 3 Brand new Cadillacs in my lifetime so you should not base Vibe ownership on income. James
Stang2Vibe

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Vibe)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Whoa, easy there James! Who is holding a gun to your head and making you tell us your income? If you don't want to vote or say anything about your income, well then---don't. Your a free man, James. Go exercise your freedom. I think the question is valid. You can vote (anonymously) and we can tell another demographic that the Vibe fits into. Or you can choose not to vote, and we all don't care! We're happy with our cars anyway!
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

quote: Actually, since you aren't married, your combined income cannot be considered household income for most purposes. Anyway, that is why I proposed measuring the income of the primary user. Actually we are considered "common law" married in Canada since we have lived together for years.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

I see. Here in PA you must prove co-residency for at least 7 full years with no separate residences during that period. If you've been together that long and are legally considered common law married, you ought to just be done with it and actually be married. Many studies show that married couples lead happier, healthier, and longer lives. Perhaps married couples who own Vibes can increase the effect?
QUIKAG

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Vibe)

Post by QUIKAG »

quote:Ok now in my opinion this question is out of line. This is a site for Vibe owners,and my imcome is flat none of your d--- business. It is totally none of anyones business but mine---but I will tell you this I have owned 3 Brand new Cadillacs in my lifetime so you should not base Vibe ownership on income. JamesLighten up, that is why I posted a poll. It can be done anonymously!! I did not ask to respond to the poll and list your income in a message. If you choose to do so, fine, if not, fine. That's nice that you've owned 3 brand new Cadillacs in your lifetime. You must be rich. :rolleyes: Anyway, people who feel compelled to spend a lot of money on nice cars to show off to the neighbors, family, friends, etc. are more likely people who are living paycheck to paycheck. The wealthiest people I know drive pickups, Taurus', etc.. They put their big money into appreciating assets like real estate and other investments.
QUIKAG

Post by QUIKAG »

Stang2Vibe,I agree, I should probably do income of primary driver as household income can become distorted. I live with 2 other guys and if I included their income we'd be well in excess of $80k....Another poll, perhaps?
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahah im a college student, i think i make -10,000 a year
jake75

Re: (northvibe)

Post by jake75 »

These numbers can be deceiving anyway. I make a good gross income but being self employed am responsible for all of the 15.3% self employment tax. health insurance, and retirement account funding. Net worth might be a better criteria. In any case, I can tell you that at my stage in life, 63 plus, I could afford and pay cash for almost any car I wanted to buy, but I did not get to that position by throwing money away on overly expensive automobiles and am not about to change that now. We do enjoy a very nice well furnished, updated and maintained residence - not a mansion but a comfortable 2,400 sq. ft. ranch in a relatively low tax area. I also recently spent $3,000 on a top of the line LCD flat panel TV not because I watch a lot of TV but because when I do watch I want to enjoy it. The Vibe is our main car because it does everything we require. We have a SWB T&C Van used as a 2nd car and for trips when we have extra people or when we need to transport something. The 2004 T&C cost only $18,500 new (before tax) and should last me 7 years at a minimum as it is only driven about 6,000 miles a year. The 2003 Vibe was $13,650 after discount, rebates, GM Card earnings and a bonus earnings offer. We may keep it as it is also driven only about 6,000 miles a year but then I may get the itch for something different. As for prospective buyers, I think the Vibe has been a good deal in the past, but today there are a lot of other good options. The Mazda 5 is one.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Amen, brother STANG2VIBE! Here in Virginia, we have to pay Personal Property Tax on our cars. So, not only are we taxed when we buy them, we are taxed every year that we own them. I know this isn't a political forum, but our tax system is a mess and our politicians have no incentive to fix it because it works in their favor.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Viberrrr

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (K-NINE)

Post by Viberrrr »

I tell my kids this all the time. Living in North America today has nothing to do with how money you make, it has everything to do with how much money you spend.
jake75

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Viberrrr)

Post by jake75 »

Today's WStJ reported on the recently released Census Burear's annual Snapshot of America. For 2005 the % of U.S. households with incomes above $100,000 was 17.2%. See your area profiles. http://factfinder.census.govUnder American Community Survey click on "get data" Be sure 2005 is selected. Click "data profiles". Use pulldown menus to select geographic area. Click "show result". When demographic data appear, click on "economic" or "social" for info.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

now adays, it's not how much you make, but your debt to income and QUALITY of life. you could make millions and still be so far indebt, you'd have to make billions. the quality of life is the most important. being comfortable and happy vs making money and not having friends and family to share your life with.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
jake75

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by QUIKAG »Curious because I'm wondering if this is more of a nice, new starter car for new families/ younger people or a second or third car for more established older families... In US currency, so please convert from Canadian..Don't understand why anyone woudl get in a huff about this survey as it is both voluntary and anonymous. However, maybe the better poll would be to ask that question instead of trying to get there via inferences based on income. A lot of poor people drive expensive cars and a lot of affluent people drive inexpensive cars.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (jake75)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

ha ha ha! check out my citie's economic status:http://factfinder.census.gov/s...ect=Y
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mavrik

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Viberrrr)

Post by Mavrik »

Wow James... sit down and take a time out lol.I voted and do not feel that this is breach of my privacy. Combined the wife and I are making more then 80USD.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Kari

Post by Kari »

Just a friendly reminder , this is a three-year old thread and thus most of what was said in it was said long ago, by those who may not even check in regularly on the site anymore.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joholste

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (d_m_kolb)

Post by joholste »

Quote, originally posted by d_m_kolb »hmmm must be nice to have money. LOL Military pay SUCKS!!!!!!!i totally agree over 40000?? people make that much money? wow
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
ColonelPanic

Re: Household Gross income of Vibe owners??? (Mavrik)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Combined the wife and I are making more then 80USD.80 bucks a year? Man, that's sweet! That's certainly more than I get!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ha ha. i just realized how old this thread is! LOLnow who resurrected this??? and yes combined, we make well over 80K USD but then again, that means we make more than all of the other ones below it too. so are these polls really accurate? and what was true last year, is now different because we are now married and both have steady jobs.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ColonelPanic

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I don't get paid in K's, I get paid in G's, so When you get paid in K's, that's metric money!

Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

very true! G's are better than K's in this case.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yes. The metric dollar is weak. pfft!

Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, not by much right now.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That is very true... In another kiloyear, the kilodollar will be doing pretty well from what I've read in the various financial magazines.

Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, it's more like the cdn dollar.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
vibebob

Post by vibebob »

I work for the city, so my pay IS gross. LOL it's under 40K, way under.
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

vibebob - you get good benefits though right? both my parents work for the state and dont get paid tons but their benefits are real nice hey vibebob im loving your sig!
djb383

Post by djb383 »

2005 Vibe = $20,6702006 Vue = $23,850No car payments = priceless
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
jake75

Re: (djb383)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by djb383 »2005 Vibe = $20,6702006 Vue = $23,850No car payments = pricelessNew 2003 Vibe = $13,650New 2004 T&C = $18,500No car payments = priceless$7,020 diff = also priceless
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

the whole canadian currency was a joke 2 1/2 years ago when this thread was started, but check out this chart and it's not too much of a joke anymore! http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CADUSD=X&t=5yhit 'refresh' to see the chart once the page is loaded.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

LOL, yes, it kinda sucks for you guys. you end up having to pay more now (due to the exchange rate). I know a lot more Canadians are importing vehicles because it costs LESS to do that than purchasing in Canada (not always but more so now). when we were there, it was expensive by the time you factor in the currency rates.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

heard on the radio that many places are 're-pricing' now based on better strength of the dollar...people started to complain i guess?in the end, i know harley davidson has reduced prices noticably due to a strong CDN dollar.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
Whelan

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by Whelan »

I put the combined between me and my future spouse since we pretty much share all our income now anyways. 80k+ range
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

im single, and made about 22k last year
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

I just went by what I personally make, since I am the only owner and pay the payments and maintenance. If I went by my household that would include my parents since im currently with them, but since they didnt buy it I didnt think that was a good examply of what vibe owners make.
ITcar

Post by ITcar »

hehe, i didnt even break the 5000 needed to qualify for the money the government is using to "stimulate the economy" lol, college ftw!
kevera

Re: (ITcar)

Post by kevera »

June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.