Any bowlers out there?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
fortiffany

Any bowlers out there?

Post by fortiffany »

So when I was little I was a bowler about once a month and then just got out of it. Now my last boyfriend was a awesome bowler and my current boyfriend is really good also. I am getting back into it. I never knew how fun it could be to chuck a ball at a bunch of pins!!! May I add in there that my fav. color is orange so my ball is orange it is the best!!!!! Just felt like shairing that with you all.
Toodles! ATHF "She's the kind of girl u bring home to your Mother. She looks good in blue jeans, even better under covers. She's a devil in bed between the sheets, ask her if she's a saint & she'll get down on her knees and pray....yeah..yeah...yeah." BlueJeans http://profiles.yahoo.com/fortiffany
drunkenmaxx

Re: Any bowlers out there? (fortiffany)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

any sport that involves drinking is grade A in my book.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
illusion

Re: Any bowlers out there? (drunkenvibe)

Post by illusion »

A few years ago, I was on a drinking team with a bowling problem I've been thinking about getting back into it, but my first goal is to get back on a drinking team with a billiards problem.
-jkhttp://360.yahoo.com/illusion1
Mavrik

Re: Any bowlers out there? (illusion)

Post by Mavrik »

I like bowling but don't go all that often. for a a couple months there I used to go every sunday night. But that was over a year ago. I never got that good at it but usually wrap up a game with at least 110 points.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
viberationz

Re: Any bowlers out there? (Mavrik)

Post by viberationz »

Ah bowling. I used to be in a league when I was way little... won some medals and stuff - Ha. I don't remember drinking much when I bowled when I was 10, but you never know!
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
michiganguy

Post by michiganguy »

No offense Tiffany....but in a Vibe forum, I think your bowling ball should be described as Fusion....not orange!
fortiffany

Re: (michiganguy)

Post by fortiffany »

You are so right in that case I should have a Envy ball!
Toodles! ATHF "She's the kind of girl u bring home to your Mother. She looks good in blue jeans, even better under covers. She's a devil in bed between the sheets, ask her if she's a saint & she'll get down on her knees and pray....yeah..yeah...yeah." BlueJeans http://profiles.yahoo.com/fortiffany
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahha, I used to bowl a lot when i was little, now days we go every once in a while with friends and beer. It is super fun! i think i should go more......
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (northvibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

I'm a league bowler...or at least I was. It's been a few months since I have bowled. My average is anywhere between 165 and 225. It all depends on how I hold the ball.
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
Kari

Re: (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »My average is anywhere between 165 and 225. It all depends on how I hold the ball. Is that really your average, or is 165 your average and 225 your high game? That seems like a pretty big spread of averages to just depend on how you hold the ball...it would seem like it would average out to something a little closer together...heh.Anyway, I'm a bowler too. I bowled in a league for 8 years, then I stopped when I moved up here for grad school. I wouldn't have time to bowl now even if I wanted to join another league. For me, it was all about the people and not really about the game. I loved the people I bowled with. Still do. I'm not the best bowler but I'm not the worst either...just sort of mediocre, but I have a good time and that's what matters.
GenVibe Global Moderator
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

sure do!! the greatest sport ever. you throw a ball and it comes back and you have a beer in between. whats not to like!! i bowl in 2 leagues I hold a 180 +/- 5 average in both. when I lived in wisconsin, janesville was known for bars and bowling alleys.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

I like it but I went last weekend and got two amazing scores of 47 and 83.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Any bowlers out there? (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »any sport that involves drinking is grade A in my book.That's what I'm talkin about!I am a league bowler, 3rd year.170 AVG268 High GameWow, my life has become an empty pit. I just whipped out my bowling stats without even thinking about it or consulting my league standings sheet.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
RIT

Ok - now we're talking...

Post by RIT »

Bowling is my passion ...High game - 300 (16 times)Hi 3-game series - 832Hi 4-game Series - 1073Current averages - 237 and 230 (2 different leagues)Most consecutive games >= 200 - 88 (World Record)I told you it was my passion !Rit
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I like to go Bowling!!Though its been quite a long time since I went.
scherry2

Re: Ok - now we're talking... (RIT)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by RIT »High game - 300 (16 times)Hi 3-game series - 832Hi 4-game Series - 1073Current averages - 237 and 230 (2 different leagues)Most consecutive games >= 200 - 88 (World Record)WoW! I'm impressed highest game I've ever had was a 289.
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (Kari)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »Is that really your average, or is 165 your average and 225 your high game? That seems like a pretty big spread of averages to just depend on how you hold the ball...it would seem like it would average out to something a little closer together...heh.I bowl two different ways. First I bowl normally (straight bowling) using two fingers and the thumb. My average there is right at about 165. The second way I bowl is what I consider my power bowl. I only use the two fingers (not my thumb) and I palm the ball holding it between my forarm and bisep. Doing this I basically hurl the ball down the lane with one hell of a wicked curve. My best game bowling this way was just over 290. I haven't hit a perfect 300 yet but I'm still trying. I don't remember my exact average for bowling this way but it was somewhere around 225.
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »The second way I bowl is what I consider my power bowl. I only use the two fingers (not my thumb) and I palm the ball holding it between my forarm and bisep. Doing this I basically hurl the ball down the lane with one hell of a wicked curve. My best game bowling this way was just over 290. I haven't hit a perfect 300 yet but I'm still trying. I don't remember my exact average for bowling this way but it was somewhere around 225.aha, so, you're one of those? i say mean things about people i see doing that. that's illegal in sanctioned bowling. pick up a 16 pounder and be a man!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
rebbierae

Re: Any bowlers out there? (Merzbow)

Post by rebbierae »

I'm with you Merzbow...I think 83 sounds about like my high score!
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (drunkenvibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »aha, so, you're one of those? i say mean things about people i see doing that. that's illegal in sanctioned bowling. pick up a 16 pounder and be a man! Point well taken...I didn't know that but it's all good, I'm not sanctioned I don't see where 2 more pounds would matter
Kari

Post by Kari »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »Point well taken...I didn't know that but it's all good, I'm not sanctioned I don't see where 2 more pounds would matter Oh you'd be surprised how much that 2 pounds would matter.We had someone in our league who would bowl without putting his thumb in the ball and everyone on his team wished he'd stop doing it because it makes your grip and release so inconsistent. More ball speed, yeah, but you sacrifice control in the process.We were an ABC/WIBC (USBC I think now?) league and no one said anything about him bowling like that, so I'm not sure if it's illegal in sanctioned bowling or not. Or maybe no one paid attention. Anyhow, ball speed isn't the end-all be-all of bowling. My best friend and bowling partner used to throw 18-20 mph balls and once she started working with the owner of the bowling alley, who is a former PBA bowler, the first thing he made her do was slow her ball speed down in order to gain more control, then switch to a heavier ball for more pin action and momentum. You might find you would be able to have your higher average and the same pin action you get by "hurling" the ball down the lane if you switch to a heavier ball and slow your speed down a little so you have more control.
GenVibe Global Moderator
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

kari is right. i have a 14 pounder i use to pic up spares and i can hurl that mofo down the lane like it's nothing. it makes all the difference. from my understanding, you are only allowed to use all 3 fingers and no other variation. that may vary though. usually, noone cares unless there is a complaint. i don't complain, i just make fun. don't take me wrong, when screwing around for fun, i do it too. try it with a 6 pound ball: just put your fingers over the holes for grip and let er rip! good luck not getting a gutter that goes from one side to the other!
Vibe_of_the_thing

Post by Vibe_of_the_thing »

I bowled in the travel league in St. Louis when I was growing up. I averaged between 180 and 190 the last couple years, although the last year probably would have been better if I hadn't lost a bunch of weight in the middle of it and really affected my delivery. I haven't bowled regularly since high school though, and right now my Zone is rotting in my bowling bag. Once or twice a year I go bowling with friend and I usually average over 190 for the three games and crack 200 a time or two. 300 is my high and I only did it once. My dad was there for that one and that was pretty cool, although it wasn't in league. The people bowling next to us always came up and said hi after that when they saw me in the bowling alley. Had 702 for a series twice.
amynoelle

Post by amynoelle »

I'm also a bowler. It's a lot of fun, although it can be aggravating! My high game is 269, I use 14lb...I wish I was stronger to be able to throw 15, but I lose a lot of speed and stamina when I try to use 15...I think that you are allowed to use as many fingers as you want, as long as you don't change during the season. I know that if you switch to use your other hand that you have to re-sanction....I know a person who has bowled several sanctioned 300s without using his thumb and another guy who has sanctioned 300s with his balls drilled to use three fingers and thumb...I'll try to find the rule it the USBC book someday!
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Wow...I'm learning a lot more about bowling than I ever thought I would. Man, now I want to go bowling!