What did ya get for Xmas???

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
BlueCrush

What did ya get for Xmas???

Post by BlueCrush »

I got a new 2-1/2 ton floor jack, Mothers Powerball wheel polisher & polish, Jump Start portable car charger/compressor, Small CD player for the TV in my office, Two PSP games(Spiderman 2 & ATV Offroad Fury), some shirts/sweaters, Cabela's and Blockbuster gift cards, cash and 10lbs of new winter weight. Also, we had the Yule Log channel on for a couple hours on Xmas Eve during dinner and opening gifts. They played Xmas music as well so it was perfect. What cool gifts did you all get?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mavrik

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (BlueCrush)

Post by Mavrik »

I haven't opened them all yet as I was away with the wife to Seattle over christmas. We brought along one gift for eachother and plan on opening the rest tonight. But while we were down there, we got some gifts... sushi maker, a couple board games, she got a sweater, we got some money. Oh and some kind relative made cookies for everyone which all got secretly thrown out after someone ate one and nearly died lol Actually the dying part I joke but the cookie was very bad. I got her some movies, she got me a couple as well as the PS2 Destroy All Humans video game and a Nickle Back cd.She'll find out the rest tonight as will I.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I got the Canon S2 IS Digital Camera with the 12x zoom. I also got misc sweets, some bird feeders, chenille socks, a couple of Christmas decorations, a sterling silver necklace, a garden turtle, a raclette set, two big bath sheets, some glass serving platters, a mandoline slicer, solar LED lights for the garden and some other small items.Then today I hit Best Buy and bought a 512 SD card, a camera bag, Mr & Mrs Smith and Madonna's new CD.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=20701i got that, $300, a "chrome" cologne gift set (a $60 value!), a set of craftsmen wrenches, a little tool box, a couple of ugly (removed) k-mart shirts, a losing scratch off ticket, toothpaste, bandaids, hand sanetizer, chex mix w/M&M's in it, a 12 pack of "historic american beers", some microwave popcorn, a re-gifted coffee cup (i got one as did drunkengirlfriend)... uh, i think that's about it.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
drunkengirlfriend

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (drunkenvibe)

Post by drunkengirlfriend »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=20701i got that, $300, a "chrome" cologne gift set (a $60 value!), a set of craftsmen wrenches, a little tool box, a couple of ugly (removed) k-mart shirts, a losing scratch off ticket, toothpaste, bandaids, hand sanetizer, chex mix w/M&M's in it, a 12 pack of "historic american beers", some microwave popcorn, a re-gifted coffee cup (i got one as did drunkengirlfriend)... uh, i think that's about it.Besides the aforementioned camera you also got a scarf that scary enough matches mine (my mother is so cute but um we don't have to match yet)I got a Bomb A$$ stereo for my house (from drunken of course)
drunkenmaxx

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (drunkengirlfriend)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by drunkengirlfriend »Besides the aforementioned camera you also got a scarf that scary enough matches mine (my mother is so cute but um we don't have to match yet)>my god! how did i forget the wonderful scarf?for the record, it will never be necessary, nor happen on purpose, that we match!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
redlava

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (drunkenvibe)

Post by redlava »

I got random gift certificates, money, a book about the NFL, and a Turtlewax orbital polisher.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yep, we had a pretty nice christmas. money and gift cards are always appreciated, especially when having to pack them up in a suitcase to bring them back. so far it's been nice. we'll finish it off tonight after we go pick up the pups to have our "family" christmas (yes, i'm referring to the dogs). i have to get their stocking filled with new toys and treats.... and to think, next monday will be birthday celebration.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

A bottle of Crown Royal w/ 2 glasses, a Transformer t-shirt from London (cool!), a sweater, a floor jack, stands, and slider combo, some candy, a towel, uh, I think that's it. Bought myself a Xbox 360 and some games early as well as a drill/light/and 2 saw set. Oh yeah, bought myself some Brembo brakes from Brian!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

the best thing i got was from my wife.

Attached files
mcgusto82

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (damronjr)

Post by mcgusto82 »

i got PJ's, a bright green jacket, a Xbox game (burnout 3) true star (tommy) cologne. my son the othar hand gome some good toys. i got my wife a samsung 1.3mpixel camera phone with the mini SD card reader/media player.
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

I got a 30GB video iPod (I finally have one!!) and accessories, a hand-painted ornament with a male and female snowman that has "2005" and Howie's and my name written on it with the word "Engaged" to comemorate the year we got engaged, Tower of Whitman's chocolates, fleece blanket, bracelet from Zales, scrapbook kit, picture frames, lotion from Bath & Body Works, a t-shirt, a candle votive and a 500-minute phone card. I also got gift cards to Best Buy, Victoria's Secret, WalMart, American Eagle, Old Navy, Borders, AAFES (the Army/Air Force exchange), and an American Express gift card.I spent Christmas in Oklahoma and I got to meet all of Howie's family. His two sisters live in Oklahoma, dad drove down from Michigan and mom flew in from Florida. Pretty much the majority of my presents are from his family.I got a Sony camcorder as a present to myself so I can take some videos on deployment and when I hit ports.
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
NascarXprt

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by NascarXprt »

i got an Injen CAI, an Ultimate Frisbee Disc, Disc Golf discs, aanndd... The Simpsons DVD Season 7 now ive got all 7seasons!!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Mavrik

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by Mavrik »

unwrapped the rest of the gifts last night. I got some work shirts, a GT4 Logitech steering wheel, couple of movies and a cd.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
binary

Post by binary »

I'm such a pakrat with my software cds... mostly games, demos for work, or installation discs, that my desk looks like a CD warehouse of spindles and loose discs.My wife got me one of these:http://www.bestradeusa.com/cdlibrary/DC300-NB.JPGIt pretty slick. I got a new laptop bag, that is so much better than the backpack my job game me. Some clothes... and a Staple's Easy button from my bro-in-law. Gotta love it! Other than that - not much for the car.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I got a little bit of everything My parents had already given me most of what they got me because I needed it with the cold snap we had up in Ohio, so I got a really nice winter coat that's waterproof and snow boots to match. They also got me the end table set that matches my TV stand, a "squish" pillow shaped like a doggie, an iDog that dances to music from the iPod, and a Yankee candle. James got me a Sirius boombox and a stir fry pan (which I did ask for if anyone is wondering LOL). Other than that I got some cash and gift cards which I have almost spent already. I love shopping for Christmas more than anything though...too bad I have to wait until October or November to start that again!
GenVibe Global Moderator
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, phil got me some cd's and DVD's as well as a new 6.1 component sound system for the bedroom and new HDTV whee!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

60 gig Video Ipod (black), $60 in Walmart cards (*Sighs*, both my mother-in-law, and father-in-law work there, but I still hate Walmart), $25 TGIF card!! (can you tell i LOVE Fridays?) "Life of Pi". Luckily no clothes this year that are 2 or 3 sizes too small....(lol...my father-in-laws GF got me a shirt last year in MEDIUM.....those of you who met me in OH know I ain't no medium!!)So far, I have 15 gig on the iPod... 20 hours of Video, and about 400 songs.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
rebbierae

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (tnpartsguy)

Post by rebbierae »

I got the aforementioned 60 gig black iPod as well, a new front door for my house, a 3 diamond necklace from my sweetie, a gift card to Home Depot to buy a new bathroom sink, a toilet seat (I put it on my list!!), a bunch of sweaters, and lots of kitchen-type stuff. "House" stuff was big on the list this year since I just bought a house.
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

My wife said she wanted to get me a Ginacue, but I actually got a Ginacue tribute cue.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Hmmm, Stainless steel sink and garbage disposalOver the range microwaveVintage (Mitchell & Ness) Vancouver Canucks jerseyJerome Iginla Team Canada jerseyNY Islanders jersey (the old Gorton's Fisherman logo)A few xbox and PC gamessome clothes as alwaysand tons of gift cardsI asked for stuff for the house, my parents and the in-laws thought it was a good idea, hence the sink and microwave.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Kari

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (tnpartsguy)

Post by Kari »

I'll take the Wal-Mart gift cards if you don't want them...LOL
GenVibe Global Moderator
Shadow-Vibe

So anybody get anything good for Christmas?

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

I got some new Sony 6-1/2" speakers for the front and back doors, and a set of Sparco racing harness. I buddy at my work and I are in the works for making a harness bar.
drunkenmaxx

Re: So anybody get anything good for Christmas? (Shadow-Vibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

the answer to your question is here:http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=1
At Work

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (Kari)

Post by At Work »

What did I get.. ?Oh man, I just rushed out and BOUGHT the last one today for my BF! We're doing the exchange tonight because things have been so busy over the last week.I just HATE shopping - always leave things till beyond the last moment..He's getting shop tools, diecast cars and FHM and Maxim subscriptions - I figure that should go over pretty well
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

GPS for laptopmovies on DVDClothescandyT.S.O. Christmas CDsNice warm Weather while in Colorado, visiting family!
BlueCrush

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by BlueCrush »

TSO Rocks! Listen to them every Christmas.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

EMPI single centermount KADRON/BROSOL 44MM carb and manifold kit for my 71 Karmann GhiaSome tools, cloths, gift cards.
BlueCrush

Re: What did ya get for Xmas??? (4azdmunky)

Post by BlueCrush »

Woh, Woh, Woh! You have any pics of the Ghia?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Shadow-Vibe

Re: So anybody get anything good for Christmas? (drunkenvibe)

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

Thanks Drunken I guess I should have ran a search first, since I didn't see any post like this yet!!
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Sort of, it is all primer right now. Was orginaly a coup, the previous owner cut the top off so it is a perm-a-vert. It is a 1600 dual port, 4 speed manual.So far I dropped it 2.5 inches, rebuilt the interior, welded in new floor pans, MSD ignition, Pertonic ignitor in a bosh 009 dist, 3qt extra oil sump, external oil cooler, dropped in leather seats from a Diamante, and replaced the dash with one from glassaction, all new guages (White Cockpit Royal series)It is awesome in all its 50 hp glory!
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Pics

Attached files
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

front side after drop

Attached files
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

sideyou can see the top chopped.

Attached files
2001FZ1

Re: What did ya get for Xmas???

Post by 2001FZ1 »

I came home and found this Craftsman tool boxing sitting in the garage. It looks big but I think I need more space

Attached files
Joe2005 Vibe GT2000 Silverado 4x41993 Camaro Z/28Riding a '05 GSXR-1000. ~ Full (removed). Akropovic exhaust, power commander, custom map = 166 horse My wife rides a crazy fast Ninja 250
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

That is sweet looking!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Stang2Vibe

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »TSO Rocks! Listen to them every Christmas.I got to see them live last week. Their show is awesome, if you get a chance to see it, definately do.Let's see, what did I get for Christmas, hmm, some clothes (as usual), some cash, a really nice soft sided leather briefcase (from my sister and brother in law--I really like it), a handheld trivia game so I can further expand my plethora of completely useless knowledge while entertaining myself, and some car care products that will come in very handy and a few other small things that I can't think of right now. The real crowning glory of the things I got for Christmas this year are the nasty cold I got (and still have) and the massive pile of credit card debt that I got from buying gifts for everyone else. Being single this time of year sucks incredibly .
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
joholste

Re: (Stang2Vibe)

Post by joholste »

Hmmmm lets see, i gots a hammer, side mirror turn signals, a nice leather jacket, two DVDs... a couple other things that i can't remember, oh yah and money
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)