Holiday Traveling

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
joholste

Holiday Traveling

Post by joholste »

Well i just thought i would put it out since i take off on leave on Thursday. Everybody drive safe and have a good holiday season. I will be traveling thursday and friday on I-40 from NC to OK and then on Sunday from OK to Kansas City. and then on dec 27 i will be going up to Nebraska through the 1st or 2nd of January. BTW wish me luck i'm going to be meeting my GF's parents while i'm up there but once again happy holidays and drive safely, look out for deer.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
ColonelPanic

Re: Holiday Traveling (joholste)

Post by ColonelPanic »

That's quite a trip you have! You be careful yourself! And don't worry about meeting the girlfriend's parents, who knows, they may be really cool folks.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joholste

Re: Holiday Traveling (ColonelPanic)

Post by joholste »

oh yah and here's one for all the military people out therehttp://www.operationhomefront....shtml
Jaycie685

Re: Holiday Traveling (joholste)

Post by Jaycie685 »

Here's wishing you a fun but safe trip! Don't worry about meeting your gf's parents, I'm sure they'll love you! Especially with you being active duty, they'll be really proud of you. I'm getting ready to go on leave too. We are currently out right now but should be pulling back in sometime this weekend? On the 19th, Howie and I are flying to Oklahoma so I can meet his two sisters. His mom's flying in from Florida and his dad's flying in from Michigan. They are all meeting up together so they can all meet me and I can all meet them before we head out for WestPac. So yeah... I'm sorta in the same sitation you're in. Travelling and meeting the other's family! Weird coincidence huh?Here's an early "Merry Christmas" and a "Happy New Year!" in case I don't get to a computer around those times.
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
joholste

Post by joholste »

Jaycie good luck with the family. I'm just hoping that her family is a lot like my family. actually she told me last night that it's not her mom and dad that i have to worry about it's her brother in law. i guess he's very protective....i don't if that's a good thing... i do know that he's a BIG boy sooo ummm yah he could probably whoop my (removed), but i doubt she would let him.
ArcsVibe

Re: (joholste)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Have a safe trip!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

joholste

Post by joholste »

Alright so i made it the whole 1200 miles to Stillwater OK safe and sound today, now i have a 5 hour trip ahead of me on sunday and then i get to rest for a little while.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Be safe, have a good time. I'm sure her folks will like you and if not... well as long as she does right? I'll be flying to Seattle with the wife to visit her folks over christmas. Should be interesting. Not even sure yet where we are staying...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

so is this a NEW gf?? and i'm sure we'll be staying with my folks at Christmas. They've been calling me every other day it seems..
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
joholste

Post by joholste »

well becky and i have been good friends for a while and then after jen and i broke it off, becky told me that she has always liked me but didn't want to say anything since i was with jen and didn't want her to be mad, so yes hope this is a new GF but not a new friend
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

You lucky b*****d! You got chicks swarming all over you! I've gotta get me one of those uniforms or something.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
joholste

Re: (Stang2Vibe)

Post by joholste »

where is this swarm?? i really honestly haven't seen a swarm, sometimes it would be nice for the confidence boost.
joholste

Post by joholste »

so i decided to show yall the crappy weather i had to start the first 300 or soo miles of my trip in so i would randomly take a picture while i was driving

Attached files
joholste

Post by joholste »

so i decided to show yall the crappy weather i had to start the first 300 or soo miles of my trip in so i would randomly take a picture while i was driving
joholste

Post by joholste »

and another one

Attached files
joholste

Post by joholste »

and this is of the tree at the rest stop in 1-40 somewhere in NC that i stopped at to see if they had a weather radar thingy or a TV tuned to the Weather Station. but of course no.. so i took a picture of the tree

Attached files
joholste

Post by joholste »

and here is my car at that same rest stop

Attached files
joholste

Post by joholste »

and here is my car at that same rest stop
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Hope you make it up there safe and sound!Nice pics too by the way. That tree looks awesome. It looks like it has icicles or something hanging from the branches. That's something you don't see here in Cali!Our ship pulled in a day early (yay!!) and I had to work until the liberty lines died down before I could check out on leave. But now I'm officially on leave so I'm real happy about that. I haven't taken leave in a while. Spent the day finishing up some Christmas shopping and now I get to spend tomorrow packing and running last minute errands before my flight on Monday morning!Keep us posted on the new gf!
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
joholste

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by joholste »

alright so now i have completed the leg from Stillwater to Kansas City.... i was just talking to becky (the new gf) and i think this is the first year that i could actually care less about christmas and can't wait until the 27th because that's when i'm headed up to see her and her family... just found out that her mom would like for me to come down on the 1st to see her side of becky's relatives as they are having christmas... that's a good sign but i'm a little skeptical...oh well we'll have to see how it goes.
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Hope your trip is going well! This is my 4th day in Oklahoma and so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be!It snowed a bit the day we arrived and it was a real weather shock to go from 80 degrees to 30 degrees! I was freezing my (removed) off.I've met all of Howie's family and they all adore me which is a good thing. We spent the past couple days visiting relatives and seeing the cities of Norman, Mcloud and Oklahoma City. Today we went to the site where the Federal Building (Oklahoma City bombing) once stood and there was a memorial built and a museum and it was awesome. Took lots of pictures which I will post when I get home.Living in the city my entire life, it's really nice to get away and actually go to the country and escape it all. The house we are staying at is located in the woods far away from the city. I don't think I can ever live here or anything country-ish. They seem to be behind on things here.Seen some Vibes around here though all the ones I've seen so far are stock. I haven't seen any modded ones. That's it for now until next post.