Here's some holiday cheer

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ColonelPanic

Here's some holiday cheer

Post by ColonelPanic »

03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
scherry2

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (ColonelPanic)

Post by scherry2 »

that was cool! that would be neat to see in person.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (scherry2)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
iinan

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (drunkenvibe)

Post by iinan »

Awesome !
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
drunkenmaxx

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (iinan)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

it was very cool, however i suspect it was made using still shots.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Cool editing...I agree with drunken...sounds like http://www.komar.org and the Internet Christmas Lights hoax.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »it was very cool, however i suspect it was made using still shots. who cares how it was made (nothing like shattering the illusion)
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

drunkenvibe: pissing on your parade, one post at a time.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »it was very cool, however i suspect it was made using still shots. I would have to agree with the drunken one. And continue to (removed) on the proverbial parade.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »it was very cool, however i suspect it was made using still shots. I have to disagree with Zuben and Drunken. You can see the the lights getting brighter and dimmer as they come on and off- especially the little Christmans trees in the yard. In particular, at the end, the trees light in a "rotating" pattern - you can see the glow fade as they turn off. You wouldn't with stills.I think it's genuine.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (desert_dweller)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

whether it's fake or not, it's awesome and took some serious effort.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »drunkenvibe: pissing on your parade, one post at a time. lol from a yellow cat.
BOZACK

Post by BOZACK »

Don't care how it was made. There is a smile on my face now. Great editing to a great song.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
GMJAP

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (desert_dweller)

Post by GMJAP »

Definitely not stills. If you watch about 1.4 way through when the small trees are going back-and-forth from left to right, you can see certain trees on bith sides, but especially the left, turn off slightly slower than the others and leave "ghost" images.A little 'net research shows it was created by some guy named Carson Williams using 88 X10 Light-O-Rama controller channels. Info link:http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.aspSnopes is still undetermined. DD may have a point about being vid clips sequenced.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
scherry2

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (GMJAP)

Post by scherry2 »

watch the grass.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »watch the grass. looked like it was kind of flickering to me, however at the point i noticed that, i had decided to let it go and just enjoy the coolness. we may never know the truth!
Jaycie685

Post by Jaycie685 »

Whether is real or fake, it's really creative! Would be really cool if they could be synchronized with other songs. I wonder how much that person's electric bill is going to end up at!
Jen's Vibe:: 2004 two-tone base in Frosty :: Automatic :: Exhaust Tip :: Rear Bumper Protector :: Cargo Nets :: Rear Cargo Mat :: Rear Cargo Cover :: "You just got passed by a wagon " decal :: Red glowing "No Smoking" plug in cigarette lighter ::
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Cool CP, thanks for posting. That reminds me gotta get them lights out of the attic soon.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
GMJAP

Re: (Jaycie685)

Post by GMJAP »

Quote, originally posted by Jaycie685 »Would be really cool if they could be synchronized with other songs.The site I posted previously has a link to another song - Jingle Bells - choreographed with the same house lights.For your convenience & enjoyment (and real or not)http://www.bartontech.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv(PS - I bet grass looks like it's moving due to all the changing lights moving the shadows in the grass)
millster

Re: (GMJAP)

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by GMJAP »(PS - I bet grass looks like it's moving due to all the changing lights moving the shadows in the grass)That combined with compression artifacts.No matter what though, it's pretty cool. I would hate to be the guy's neighbor though. Can you imagine having all that blinking on and off constantly? Yikes!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (millster)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

A quick at snopes.com shows that they've changed their status to "TRUE". Great links to some background info.I'm glad I was wrong...that's amazing stuff. Hope the guy gets a job that pays him well to do this stuff..
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

that would be fun to anoy the neighbors with!!Kewl Stuff!!!
drunkenmaxx

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

here is an article all about it. i retract my statement.http://news.enquirer.com/apps/...50331
Kari

Re: (drunkenvibe)

Post by Kari »

Yep, it's all real...and the Colonel and I are going to see it in person at some point because it's not far from here.
GenVibe Global Moderator
drunkengirlfriend

Post by drunkengirlfriend »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »here is an article all about it. i retract my statement.Wow that may never happen again...witnessing history folks.You're lucky Kari I bet it looks so much better in person. But I must say that man might have too much time on his hands...oh well it's a good way to spend it I suppose.
drunkenmaxx

Re: (drunkengirlfriend)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by drunkengirlfriend »Wow that may never happen again...witnessing history folks.>
drunkengirlfriend

Post by drunkengirlfriend »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »>Yep just wrapping your Christmas gift, a large bottle of Jergens. Guess I'll have to give it to you early huh?
ColonelPanic

Re: (drunkengirlfriend)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by drunkengirlfriend »Yep just wrapping your Christmas gift, a large bottle of Jergens. Guess I'll have to give it to you early huh?Eww... Anyway, I can't wait to check this out in real life.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well this sucks Guess we won't be going to see this light show in person, because the national attention has brought so much traffic to the neighborhood that there have been accidents and no one can get out of their driveways. So the show has been shut down indefinitely. I did get to see a much better video that was recorded by the newscrew though, and damn, it looks like it would have been awesome in person. That little compressed video didn't even begin to do it as much justice as what was on the news, and even that is still just video. Nothing ever compares to seeing something live. But I guess now no one will get to see it live.
GenVibe Global Moderator
angelkisses

Post by angelkisses »

I received a link to this about a week ago in an e-mail from my best friend and watched it more than once then, and then just now, I still couldn't keep from watching every last second of it again. It is AWESOME and that sucks that it has been shut down, so where was/is it located anyway?
Toolman's Little Angel http://theeulogy.wirefire.com
Kari

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (angelkisses)

Post by Kari »

It was in Mason, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Toolman

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (Kari)

Post by Toolman »

wow, that's actually not too far away
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

That is awesome! Really is too bad it got shut down. So, they can really force him to turn off his Christmas lights just because they attracted too much attention? In some ways that seems to be taking away his rights.
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
Kari

Re: (JustinVGT)

Post by Kari »

No one forced him to do it; it was his own decision. He's broadcasting a message on the radio frequency he was using to broadcast the music that due to the traffic inconveniencing his neighbors the show has been shut down until further notice. I'm hoping he'll turn it back on after the hoopla dies down and we'll still get to see it.
GenVibe Global Moderator
angelkisses

Post by angelkisses »

This was on Inside Edition today by the way
Kari

Post by Kari »

The light show in general or the fact that he shut it down?
GenVibe Global Moderator
angelkisses

Post by angelkisses »

I actually missed it, I was hoping you could view it on their website, but I couldn't see anything except that it was supposed to be on today's show. so I don't know what they covered, my father in law said that the guy who did it was like a computer software engineer or something like that, some kind of computer savvy person
Kari

Post by Kari »

He's an electrical engineer...but even given that it's still a really impressive feat to get all of that synchronized like that.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Toolman

Post by Toolman »

an electrical engineer ok, well no matter what that is the most AWESOME thing I have ever saw!!!! I can't wait till Saturday, we're taking the Vibe on our first road trip, well actually he has driven it to Columbus the day we picked it up, to pick up his brother from the airport, but this will be the first Family trip. We are going to go see the Christmas Lights in Oglebay Park in Wheeling, I haven't been up there for 5 years so I can't wait, they have a great lights display.
http:/theeulogy.wirefire.com2003 Neptune Blue Moon and Tunes4 Speed AutoBluetooth Install(Wifes)2004 Torrid Red GTO Tinted WindowsBluetooth Install0-60mph in 5.2 seconds0-130mph in 22.5 seconds(Mine)
Toolman

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (Toolman)

Post by Toolman »

here is another synchronized light/song from his house, but I don't think it is nearly as nice as the other one http://www.msftlabrat.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv
angelkisses

Re: Here's some holiday cheer (Toolman)

Post by angelkisses »

Quote, originally posted by Toolman »an electrical engineer ok, well no matter what that is the most AWESOME thing I have ever saw!!!! I can't wait till Saturday, we're taking the Vibe on our first road trip, well actually he has driven it to Columbus the day we picked it up, to pick up his brother from the airport, but this will be the first Family trip. We are going to go see the Christmas Lights in Oglebay Park in Wheeling, I haven't been up there for 5 years so I can't wait, they have a great lights display.that was actually supposed to be my post, I forgot to log out toolman & log myself in on the forum, ha ha ha
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

that house at the beginnig of this tread was done by a Computer panel.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM