Any Battlestar Galactica Fans?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
BlueCrush

Any Battlestar Galactica Fans?

Post by BlueCrush »

A new 2 hour series premier is tonight at 9/8C and again at 11:30/10:30C of the SCI Fi Channel. I loved the Original when I was a kid. I will be watching the new series tonight.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

Well, the series premier episode was great!! Excellent special effects and Starbuck is now played by a woman. She was pretty good, too.If interested check it out on Friday nights on the SCI FI Channel at 10/9C after Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Yep got the VCR all set up (I hate commercials).Here is one for you...ever heard of Dr Who? Very low budget set, very good writing. Kinda of a funny British sci-fi answer to our original Star Trek. Oh-no i am sounding like a sci-fi geek, my secret is out.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
BlueCrush

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (JohnC)

Post by BlueCrush »

Ah, Yes. Dr. Who. Another one of my favorites growing up. As well as Buck Rogers.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Herb

Post by Herb »

Just finished watching the season finale the other night and I have to say I'm pretty blown away. The last scene was totally unexpected and damn I can't wait until the next season to see what happens next.This really is the best sci-fi show to hit the waves in years. My only complaint is that 13 episodes is too short a season.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

I used to watch the old Battlestart Galactica episodes when I was younger. I keep looking for a DVD copy of the old show.Sadly, I do not have cable, so I cannot see the new series.
Philippians 2:11
BlueCrush

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (Reynoma)

Post by BlueCrush »

My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Yep, so far the new series is great. It was cool seeing Richard Hatch make an appearance. Sounds like he will be in future episodes now that the convicts have taken over the prison ship.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
slbpsi63

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (NUBlackshirts)

Post by slbpsi63 »

So far BSG is great!! I've been Tivo'ing the eps and watching them at my leisure.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Herb

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (Reynoma)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Reynoma »Sadly, I do not have cable, so I cannot see the new series.The cable package I subscribe doesn't carry the show. I've been downloading & watching them through the captured episodes that have been posted on another site. Apparently SkyOne in the UK has been broadcasting the series for the last few months. The season finale aired this past Monday.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
tribalman

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (Herb)

Post by tribalman »

revive!!!anybody else get season 3 dvds yesterday? i did. if it wasn't for school and work i would have been watching it for last 12 hours. just got home and started watching it. i love this show. i can't wait for april for season 4.
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (tribalman)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »revive!!!anybody else get season 3 dvds yesterday? i did. if it wasn't for school and work i would have been watching it for last 12 hours. just got home and started watching it. i love this show. i can't wait for april for season 4.Interesting how a DVD set that was released only yesterday has ads pushing HD DVD, when the format wars are pretty much over with BluRay winning
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Herb »Interesting how a DVD set that was released only yesterday has ads pushing HD DVD, when the format wars are pretty much over with BluRay winningwell think about this, they needed to decide which format to produce, they needed to code it, choose the packaging, and then produce it. that takes time. so when they probably finalized all the plans it was still a war. the bluray victory is only a recent victory, as in a month or so. plus the other ones i think were in hd-dvd so they probably have a contract or some such, but yeah....anyone else anxious about season 4? i can't wait. i wanna know who the final 5 are. i don't really wanna spoil anything yet by giving my comments. so please, if you want a discussion, chat it up with me in here.
None. Vibe is gone.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Big time BSG fan here. The new series is awsome. Have you seen the movie BSG Razor? I rented it from NETFLIX. I don't know if it was ever on TV. It tells the story of The Pegasus. It's a must see! I give it two paws up!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Herb

Re: Any Battlestar Galactica Fans? (K-NINE)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Big time BSG fan here. The new series is awsome. Have you seen the movie BSG Razor? I rented it from NETFLIX. I don't know if it was ever on TV. It tells the story of The Pegasus. It's a must see! I give it two paws up! An edited version BSG Razor was aired, and I agree it was well done. Too bad we won't see more of Stephanie Jacobson on the series though.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Herb »An edited version BSG Razor was aired, and I agree it was well done. Too bad we won't see more of Stephanie Jacobson on the series though.we might. she could be a cylon. does anybody else thing that Tigh is not a cylon? because there was a line from season 3 where Adm. Adama says that he's known Tigh for 30 years. that can mean 2 things, either Tigh is not a cylon or Tigh and Adama is a cylon. which also means that Lee is half toaster.argh, i can't wait for 15 days from now! season 4 airs.the absolute best part about razor is when it was airing. a bit after the scene where a 6 and Cain where lovers there was a brief commercial, "it was just announced that cain is a lesbian. brought to you my quizno's." XD i couldn't stop laughing until after the show resumed. but yeah, i own season 1 dvds, 2.0, 2.5, razor, and now season 3. i can't belive i own 1980 too. the original isn't too bad, but 1980 is horrible. like how for no reason adama is still alive but apollo isn't(to be truthful, i've only seen 3 episodes of it, so if he comes back i haven't seen it)also, with the way season 3 ended, do you think those 5 people are cylons?
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »also, with the way season 3 ended, do you think those 5 people are cylons?They only revealed 4 people who thought they were cylons, so 1 remains a mystery.Hmm, such a suspicious looking group aren't they?

Attached files
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

New episodes start April 4'th !!!!!!Activate TIVO
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
tribalman

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by tribalman »

what is this TiVO? i gotta record it myself, but on a VCR ;-)i can't wait for it to air.
None. Vibe is gone.
Lancer

Re: (tribalman)

Post by Lancer »

Got to see the final season premier last night! this is gonna be a messed up ending (in a good way)! Still can't figure out if Starbuck is a cylon or what? I leaning towards her being one. Frack if I know!
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
XRTIM

Post by XRTIM »

FRAKING good show!!!
Herb

Re: (Lancer)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »Still can't figure out if Starbuck is a cylon or what? I leaning towards her being one. Frack if I know! It's too soon to be screaming that she's a cylon, and yet that's what they're trying to do. I'm convinced she's a red herring and that there's another explanation that we haven't figured out yet.Aside from BSG, any Doctor Who fans out there? An interesting cameo appearance from a previous companion
tribalman

Re: (Herb)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Herb »It's too soon to be screaming that she's a cylon, and yet that's what they're trying to do. I'm convinced she's a red herring and that there's another explanation that we haven't figured out yet.Aside from BSG, any Doctor Who fans out there? An interesting cameo appearance from a previous companioni think she is. she was in an exploded ship. not only that, but the gravity pull was too high for the viper to be able to make escape velocity(plus i believe that was the crush depth for the viper), so one can assume that if she did survive the explosion of her craft the pressure suit is not able to hold back that amount of pressure. and for the companion, which one and where were they in the episode?
None. Vibe is gone.
mixer

Post by mixer »

I like it, although I grew up watching the original series. While the original now seems a bit funny now. Still like both versions.
04 Vibe "SS" (Pontiac Dealer/Owner project),"SS"/TRD GraphicsTRD Tuned by Toyota (Dealership)Vibrant Strutbar,Polished Stainless Muffler Spectre Modular CAI- Body ColorBody Color Engine Cover w/Grafxwerks reflective overlayStellar Alarm System, Sony Xplod "GIGA PANEL" Blacked Out Z-24 15" rims w/ Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I do not want to see the series come to an end. Kind of like when Babylon 5 ended. I loved that series. So sad. So sad.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

has anybody watched the shows online? how bad is it? i can't watch it on friday nights cause i'm at work. i also missed last weeks cause they only aired it at 11, way too early for me to get up.
None. Vibe is gone.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Go to scifi.com/battlestar, ( think that's the right address. ). Anyway, they shoe a live stream of the new episode at noon. But you have to be on time, you can't rewind or record the stream. Last weeks episode was wierd. Starbuck was able to infiltrate the presidents quarters, She got thrown in the brig for that only to be released by Adama at the end. She was given a ship to command to go find earth on her own.The presidents assistant (can't remember her name, hooked up with Baltar to try to find out what he knows about cylons or something like that. I was distracted by a bunch of kids at my house.The president and Adama had a huge fight and she's getting sicker from her cancer, even though there's now 2 cylone/human babies that could cure her again.There's a revolution starting among the cylons. 6 has 'freed the raiders and the centurians. They ended up killing 3 of the top male models.lThat's all I remember, sorry!
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
b train

Post by b train »

I gots no cable TV right now and have been streaming it from Hulu.comnot to bad
KNINE

Re: (Lancer)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »The presidents assistant (can't remember her name, hooked up with Baltar to try to find out what he knows about cylons or something like that. Hottie Hottington. I would like to have a Boomer model for my very own.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

a little under 2 months until the 4th (and sadly final) season airs. i can't wait
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »a little under 2 months until the 4th (and sadly final) season airs. i can't waitActually we're in the middle of the 4th season. They put in a cliff hanger mid season and are making us wait till mid Jan 2009 to view the last half.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Herb »Actually we're in the middle of the 4th season. They put in a cliff hanger mid season and are making us wait till mid Jan 2009 to view the last half.oh yeah. i forgot that sci fi makes us wait a lllooonnggg time for the mid seasons. at least with Dr. Who the production is halted at the end of a season, and they are doing it because they say that filming Dr. Who is very taxing and stressful. not like the rest, writer strike, didn't write to far ahead, writer strike, and the best; eehhhhhh.
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Trailer for the last half of season 4 http://www.tv.com/video/15511/...deo;0
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

when i saw that a few days ago i just couldn't wait. no matter how mad i am about the long delays, if i see a new trailer i forget about it and just get soooo amped up for the new stuff. i found a pic, been using this on my facebook. if only he was running.
None. Vibe is gone.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

since they aired that season 4 part 2 preview i have been re-watching the entire series. i found an interesting thing in Razor i didn't pay much attention to the first time. check it out again and pay attention to what the hybrid says. if they follow what he says, and they probably will cause they have at least a little bit for seasons 3 and 4part 1, but 4 part 2 i predict is going to be amazing! btw january is so going to rock. 4.0 is being released on the 9th of jan and then on the 16th 4.5 will air. tee hee hee. plus winter-een-mas too! i have a busy month ahead of me. xD
None. Vibe is gone.
kaybeejay

Post by kaybeejay »

Only a few days left.Anyone keeping up with the webisodes?
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
tribalman

Re: (kaybeejay)

Post by tribalman »

yup. i'm watching those "gayta" webisodes plus the other website http://www.scifi.com/battlesta...truth/ . i have fallen a bit behind because i've been watching season 4.0 on dvd recently. i love this show!!! i cannot wait until next week!
None. Vibe is gone.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

so who watched this newest episode? it was intense! a few scenes i had to grab my mouth to keep from yelling "what the frack?!?!" i can't believe some of the things they did! i'm sad for Duala, confused for Kara, and happy for Saul.
None. Vibe is gone.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »so who watched this newest episode? it was intense! a few scenes i had to grab my mouth to keep from yelling "what the frack?!?!" i can't believe some of the things they did! i'm sad for Duala, confused for Kara, and happy for Saul.I'm starting to wonder if time travel is involved in anyway.Either that or I'd have to wonder if there's a firm rule on 12 organic model Cylons
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

well, we all knew this time was coming. i was personally dreading it. friday i will be sitting in front of the tv for 2 hours crying as i cradle a bottle of liquor. goodbye my love! it's been a great many years together. i will always cherish and love you. ; ;
None. Vibe is gone.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I haven't been this sad since Babylon 5 went off the air.
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Two shows I love are going bye-bye. BG is hitting the end, and Life on Mars is getting cancelled. It's like a kick in the teeth I tell ya.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
KNINE

Re: (NUBlackshirts)

Post by KNINE »

What a great ending ending to an outstanding show. I think that was the best two hours on television.