Which engine/tranny should i get ? ? ? ?

Quebec & Montreal
GT_4

Which engine/tranny should i get ? ? ? ?

Post by GT_4 »

Hey guys new at Genvibe.comI'm in the "evaluation process", i've always like the Vibe but never got one (i drive a Torrent) i'm now ready for one however i need you guys input on the following:Do i get, the FWD with the 1.8l / 4 speed Auto?or the 2.4l / 5 speed Auto?Essentially, apart from the output both engine deliver and their respective fuel consumption, what will be the difference between the 4speed an the 5 speed? Is there a difference in engine revs. at 100 kmh (60mph) will one feel more "sluggish" than the other. which is the most performant?Thanks
jake75

Re: Which engine/tranny should i get ? ? ? ? (GT_4)

Post by jake75 »

My 2 cents from having a 2003 with 1.8L: For personal reasons AT is my decided preference and for most in town driving I doubt that there is much mpg difference. Clutch repairs can get expensive. I bought the Vibe in large measure for fuel economy. If I were able to live with the fuel economy of the 2.4L I think i would pick something else - e.g. a Honda CRV, Mazda 5, Rav4, Rogue etc.Perhaps there is a technical issue, but I do not understand why Nummi does not pair the 5 speed automatic with the 1.8L engine to get even better hwy mileage. We are seeing 6 speed AT's and more in other cars.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

automagic is for suckas2.4L is thirsty, and 1.8L is underpowered w/ a blautomatic....