Rust Proofing treatment

Quebec & Montreal
POLO

Rust Proofing treatment

Post by POLO »

Hi guy'sLike my cousin close his garage.I searching a good place for Rust Proofing treatment.I heard good and bad think's on antirouille Metropolitan.I heard good think's on KrownI heard some place they do one's for 10 years,or,,,,,,,,Someone have something to share about this subject?I heard good think's on ''cire d'abeille'' but i don't found a place where they do it.
xrs06

Re: Rust Proofing treatment (POLO)

Post by xrs06 »

There is no such thing as a miracle product. Basically you want one that does not affect rubber. Some are cheap and they will deform your rubbers (under the hood rubber, door rubber...), so you need to pay attention to that.Second, the guy might use the best product on the market but if he misses spots and corners, it won't be good. He needs to take his time, which isn't always obvious with some managers looking for productivity instead of quality. Especially in the "fall rush". Going 1 month early might help in this case since they are less busy.Last, ask them about their warranty. Some will pay to get the rusty spot repaired and repaint, which is good. Some will reimburse you the amount you paid over the year at the condition you went there every year. Some won't give any warranty.If you'd ask me which condition I prefer, I'd say a good product applied everywhere over the best warranty. The reason: the shop will always find an excuse for not paying for rust when it shows. On top of that you might have skipped 1 treatment or went somewhere else which void the warranty anyway.That's the reason why I do it myself. I buy the good stuff and take my time to do it so I'm sure the application will be good.Sorry I don't have any shop recommendation for you in your area...
Powered by the "Disco potato".For pics of the car:http://photobucket.com/albums/b141/xrs06/
fredfreedom

Post by fredfreedom »

Hi Polo,I have a good place for your to recommend for rustproofing:Barry Danne Rustproofing4066 Jean-Talon Street Ouest/WestMontréal, QuebecH4P 1V5514-344-1168He's doing rustproofing for more than 25 years and he's APA recommanded.He will do a great job, it take's around 4-5 hours to do the full job and he insist to stay there to look how he work.It's grease, so it's no mess as Antirouille Metropolitain where they do your whole car in 15 minutes.Because your car is used, he won't remove your door panels like he did to mine. It's will a less longer job and more cheaper in price.For example for my Vibe: the whole treatment was 550$.For my ToyotaEcho, because he don't remove door panels it was 175$You need to go back every 3 uears to do touch up.Last time I went there, he let me took pictures of how he work:He lift carpets to put grease:He remove and unscrew all the panels to apply grease:VERY IMPORTANT: HE WON'T DRILL ANY HOLES!He won't forget any places!BEFORE TREATMENT:DURING THE TREATMENT:AFTER THE TREATENT:This is my third car I did there and I would never hesitate to recommend this place!Fred:-)
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
kevera

Re: Rust Proofing treatment (fredfreedom)

Post by kevera »

Wow,that's super hardcore rustproofing.The Vibe will never rust after that.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
fredfreedom

Re: Rust Proofing treatment (kevera)

Post by fredfreedom »

Defenitely! On one picture I tooked you could see an eleven years old Toyota Corolla who came back for his first touch up and there was no rust. It was looking brand new!
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
POLO

Re: Rust Proofing treatment (fredfreedom)

Post by POLO »

Hey thanks Fred for the info's and pictures Indeed seem's they make a good job
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Wow! nice pics man! also that is one heck of a job!
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
xrs06

Post by xrs06 »

Super price but for a Super job!Thumbs up!