Samsonov vs Canadiens situation

Quebec & Montreal
ArcsVibe

Samsonov vs Canadiens situation

Post by ArcsVibe »

What do you Hab fans think? I knew he was going to be a bust in Montreal! He gave Boston a couple of good seasons and then just stunk it up! He is another player who takes the money and runs.TSN.ca Staff with files from CP and Le Journal de Montreal.2/6/2007 9:59:39 PMAfter being a healthy scratch from the Montreal Canadiens lineup on Sunday, left winger Sergei Samsonov is apparently ready to pack his bags.Samsonov's agent, Neil Abbott, relayed his client's frustration to Le Journal de Montreal, pointing out that Samsonov had been playing better since joining a line with Radek Bonk.In six games since Samsonov was last scratched in mid-January, he has one goal, two assists and is plus-2 while skating on a line with Bonk and right winger Mike Johnson.Abbott relayed to the Le Journal that, while Samsonov has not produced as expected, he thinks Samsonov is being portrayed as the primary problem with the Canadiens, so the best solution for all would be for a deal before the February 27 trade deadline."Being scratched two games in a row, you're getting a clear answer that you're a problem, so maybe it's the best solution for both parties," Samsonov told reporters after a team skate Tuesday morning.Samsonov was placed on waivers by the Canadiens Tuesday afternoon.Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau is taking a practical approach to his lineup. "I look at what players do on the ice. At the time, I felt the players on the ice would help us win more," Carbonneau told CP."It's not easy for Sergei or the team and it's not easy for me, either," he added. "You think I like it?"I'd rather have Sergei in my lineup with 15 goals and playing well. Those are the decisions I'm paid to make. I had to feel that I put 20 guys on the ice that can win."The paper noted that a rumour from Chicago indicated that the Blackhawks might deal defenceman Adrian Aucoin and centre Bryan Smolinski to the Canadiens in return for Samsonov and defenceman Craig Rivet.With seven goals and 22 points in 52 games, Samsonov is well on his way to his least productive pro campaign. Aside from the 2002-2003 season, when he played just eight games (and still had 11 points), Samsonov's previous low mark was the 2003-2004 season when he scored 40 points in 58 games.The 28 year-old Russian winger has one more year remaining on his contract that will pay him $3.525-million next season.Montreal hosts the Carolina Hurricanes Wednesday.Information from Le Journal de Montreal and Canadian Press was used in this report.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

xrs06

Post by xrs06 »

Looks like he wasn't picked up from waivers... Again, who would want to "invest" 3.5mill next year for a guy that shows up 1 game every 10???I seriously think they are stuck with him.
Powered by the "Disco potato".For pics of the car:http://photobucket.com/albums/b141/xrs06/
kevera

Re: (xrs06)

Post by kevera »

I hope there not stuck with him.He was a waste.I'm still not too happy about our recent results,we should be winning more.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
POLO

Re: (xrs06)

Post by POLO »

I remember when they got samsonov,everybody was excited what a explosif line will do with kovalev........Until now,7 goals only Kovalev very talented,but what a lazy player.He's in top 5 most hard to coach.In the end of transaction period,i admit that must be veryyyyyyyy frustrating to be stuck with samsonov salary,when with this money you can take a good player like forsberg,.........Now lot's of rumors circulating.aucoin,smolinski for samsonov,rivetfor the forsberg rumors,in last news i read that the philly was asking for carey price,but ganey was offering halak.or,ganey have a eye on doan or nagy.Lot's of rumors are circulating.....But,personally if the foot of forsberg is going ok,and if we can give perezogin and halak or something like this i'm ok to trade.But,still we must clear some money to space little bit.
xrs06

Re: (kevera)

Post by xrs06 »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I hope there not stuck with him.He was a waste.I'm still not too happy about our recent results,we should be winning more.Are we lucky enough to have a Habs fan that lives in TO?Sadly enough, the Leafs have been doing better than us lately... Raycroft looks hot!