Will there be a hockey season?

Quebec & Montreal
ArcsVibe

Will there be a hockey season?

Post by ArcsVibe »

It is drawing close and I believe they will cancel the entire season. What do you all think?Thank God for the juniors though, I need my hockey fix!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

nismo

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (ArcsVibe)

Post by nismo »

Yeah, there won't be a hockey season this year. I knew this even when they first said something about the lock out.Inder
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
ArcsVibe

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (desert_dweller)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by desert_dweller »Not a chance thank god for the New Mexico Scorpions/ LOL I know! The junior leagues here in Canada have seen an amazing jump in attendance....and who didn't watch the Junior Canadian team play on Christmas day lol
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

rasermon

Post by rasermon »

We have a local team thats in the Ontario Hockey League. I have been to a couple of there games, but I do miss the Red Wings.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
jonathonbarton

Post by jonathonbarton »

Quote, originally posted by desert_dweller »Not a chance thank god for the New Mexico Scorpions/ You meant the Colorado Eagles. A minor oversight, I'm sure. Traffic on I-25 North from Denver up to Fort Collins has sure picked up some nights...wonder why...
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »LOL I know! The junior leagues here in Canada have seen an amazing jump in attendance....and who didn't watch the Junior Canadian team play on Christmas day lolActually Sam thats pretty correct, Ontario hockey has been on a BOOM. There has been a discussion in regards to the London Knights and the cup... I'm no hockey expert so don't quote me on this and I expect to be wrong, but the cup offically belongs to the winning team at the end of the season... not SPECIFICLY the NHL... some people are trying in ontario anyway to see that the London knights should get the cup if they win this season. So the discussion is around the bars here...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Raven

Re: Will there be a hockey season?

Post by Raven »

Personally, I wouldn't care if the NHL was cancelled forever. I like individual and motor sports a lot more than hockey, football etc.
PhillyVibeGT

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (Sunny)

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

Yeah, having no hockey sucks, but between coaching two teams and playing on one, I get enough hockey...plus I always have the Phantoms.
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by desert_dweller »The Stanley Cup?Everyone knows the Stanley cup belongs in the U.S. Lord Stanley will return home soon Even if I am a Bruins fan
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

No but luckily, we have the Wheeling Nailers and Johnstown Chiefs. Who own da chiefs? (see if anyone knows the answer to that question, testing your movie knowledge.)
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
PhillyVibeGT

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

OWNS! OWNS! then what he say?... He don't know...
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by PhillyVibeGT »OWNS! OWNS! then what he say?... He don't know... HAHAHHA Love it. I was hoping someone knew the response to that.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by desert_dweller »SlapshotActually the Charlestown Chiefs in the movie.circa 1977I know it was the Charlestown Chiefs, but they used the War Memorial (the arena) for the movie, everything was the same but the city.
PhillyVibeGT

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

...I don't like the way they cover themselves up with those feathers!
ArcsVibe

Re: (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by ArcsVibe »

The Great One speaks his mind:Gretzky: Lockout could be a long oneCanadian Press1/2/2005GRAND FORKS, N.D. (CP) - Wayne Gretzky is concerned that if the NHL and the players' association don't agree to a new collective bargaining agreement soon, the next season will be lost as well as this one. "If this is not decided in the next few days, I'm scared we could be looking at a year, a year and a half, two years, not just three months like a lot of people thought in September," Gretzky said Sunday during a news conference at the world junior hockey championship. "From April to October, the players don't get paid, so I can't see us coming to an agreement in August or September. "If we don't find a way to make everyone who is part of this sort of happy and get a deal done, we could be looking at a long, long time before hockey is played in the NHL and that's very alarming too. I hope in the next couple weeks we can come to an agreement." Gretzky also denied recent published reports that the Phoenix Coyotes franchise is for sale. Gretzky is a minority owner and a managing partner of the club. Jerry Moyes is the majority owner and Steve Ellman also has a minority stake.  "The team is not for sale," Gretzky said. "If it was for sale I would tell you guys, but it's not. There's really no truth to the story at all."Gretzky says he supports NHL commissioner Gary Bettman's firm labour stance. Bettman has said the league must have a salary cap."We want to play. We want to get back out there," Gretzky said. "But the other side of it is we back the commissioner 100 per cent, unequivocally, what he's doing and the process he's going through."He said the Coyotes' franchise is suffering because of the lockout."Amazingly, whether people believe it or not, we're losing less money this year not playing if that makes sense," he said. "But, saying that, we're also losing credibility in the city as far as the game goes. We're losing some fan support because people are disappointed and you lose corporate sponsorship."Gretzky said he doesn't plan to get actively involved in any negotiations between the NHL and the players because he's not on the negotiating committee.He was executive director of the Canadian men's Olympic team that won a gold medal in 2002 and chuckled when asked if he would run the next Olympic team in Turin, Italy, in 2006. It's unclear if the NHL would participate in the Olympics in light of the current labour situation."We haven't really discussed '06 yet because of the situation we're in with the NHL." Gretzky said. "Hopefully once that gets resolved, we'll sit down and make a decision for the future."Gretzky was in Grand Forks to watch the world junior championship. He played in the 1978 tournament in Montreal as a 16-year-old and let Canada in scoring with eight goals and nine assists in six games. Canada won the bronze medal that year."The two things I remember the most is playing in the Montreal Forum and meeting Guy Lafleur for the first time and getting to play for Canada," Gretzky said.He's been watching the Canadian team since the tournament began."Canada has had a really solid tournament and up to this point in time has played as well as any Canadian team has played and has handled itself with a great deal of class and dignity," Gretzky said prior to Canada's 3-1 semifinal win at night over the Czech Republic.Gretzky said a year and a half ago that Canadian forward Sidney Crosby would be the player to break all his NHL records and Crosby hasn't diminished in Gretzky eyes since then."He's the real deal," Gretzky said. "He's got tremendous hockey sense, moves the puck very well and obviously has great hands. "The thing you learn at a young age that separates really good players from average players and it's what you do and where you go when you don't have the puck. He seems to get in position to be in the play at all times. What's more important, he has fun when he's playing."
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

SCTM

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by SCTM »

No word about "former" Nordiques de Québec (now Denver Avalanche) ?? May be most of our members are too young to remember this team. Some players of Nordiques are still active: Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg... Still smiling when TV ad few guys singing: Do you realy want to make me cry... (Canadian Beer)
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
ArcsVibe

Re: (SCTM)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Yes that has to be the best TV commercial ever!!!I remember the Quebec vs Montreal games, oohh I miss those battles
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

Mr. Poopypants

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (silverawd26)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I am so excited. I really think the new CBA will even out the playing field. If everything goes well, the cup could go anywhere next season.
PhillyVibeGT

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »I am so excited. I really think the new CBA will even out the playing field. If everything goes well, the cup could go anywhere next season....but not to Pittsburgh!
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

And you think the Flyers are going to bring home the cup.....yeah right.
POLO

Post by POLO »

I heard good news that soon the hockey will return.Here a link to a interviews with few player and Eric Gagner who says that his agent call him to be prepared,and reveal interesting thing.And the reaction of the interviews of Jeremy Roenick . http://video.fr.sympatico.msn....s&rf= But is in french.And,all the 110% show in archive.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well if hockey comes back, I'm gonna have to get some molson canadian and watch hockey night in canada in the afternoon.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

From what I understand the players agreed in principle to the CBA yesterday. So it looks like it's a deal. Now to go out and get that HDTV...........
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by silverawd26 »I am guessing next Thursday/Friday and the Crosby draft could be as early as July 30th. Oh please oh please Sidney, come to Pittsburgh. Has anyone heard how they are going to do the draft?
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

eh, screw hockey. i used to enjoy watching the blues, but it only lasted about a season and a half. let me watch a good cardinals game any day!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »eh, screw hockey. i used to enjoy watching the blues, but it only lasted about a season and a half. let me watch a good cardinals game any day!Blasphemy!!
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Blasphemy!!hey, if they changed the game a bit, i would watch a lot more. there is just to much back and forth back and forth crap.make it 4 on 4, none of that 2 line pass crap, etcoh yeah, and better, more consistant refs
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Will there be a hockey season? (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Actually, they may be getting rid of the 2 line pass.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

but hockey is back!