MrHatchWagon is our May 2012 MOTM

Vibe Of The Month (VOTM) and Member Of The Month (MOTM) central discussion area.
star_deceiver

MrHatchWagon is our May 2012 MOTM

Post by star_deceiver »

Name: Christopher

Ride(s): 2004 Pontiac Vibe

Congratulations on being voted GenVibe’s Member of the Month. How does it feel?
It feels great, and very surprising! It’s like just yesterday I joined and couldn’t have been more lost, and the site sparked my taste to modify more of my car. It’s coming along now, and so is my confidence working on it by myself, and I have you guys to thank for it.

How did you find GenVibe and what made you join?
I found it by looking up a few vibe-related subjects every so often, when I needed information. I have to say the threads with sound system installation How-To’s are what really prompted me to join. One day I was like, hey, if their audio install guides are this detailed, I wonder what else they’ve got! The community looked really great and active too, so I figured I should bring my contributions and help keep the Vibes going strong. The picture challenge thread also really sparked my interest.

What is one of the more memorable things you have seen on GenVibe?
dgekiere’s rally vibe is hands-down one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. All of your turbo and supercharged vibes give me a longing for forced induction as well, and just about everything people can achieve on their cars. There isn’t a huge aftermarket for Vibes but for some reason they’re still some of the cars I’ve seen tweaked the most. Mac99d’s Etholic is an inspiration, especially with that Texas Mile video.

What is your favorite thing about the site?
Definitely the sense of community, and the fact that there’s always something new to read. Despite the fact that Vibes have gone the way of the dodo, there are still always new members, and I think that’s a testament to the legacy that Pontiac left behind with these great little cars.

If GM brought back the Vibe what would you like to see in the new model?
Turbocharged ecotec, preferrably the 2.0 out of the last-gen Cobalt SS but I’d settle for the Cruze’s turbo engine if that was the only option given. Something like the new Focus ST. Also, if they would give us AWD with a manual option, I’d be all over that in a heartbeat, and my dreams of owning a WRX or an EVO would be no more.

As you know we love animals at GenVibe, do you have any pets?
I do! I have a one-year-old dog my family adopted from the animal shelter, his name is Lance and he’s a golden doodle. We also have two cats, one black and one orange. They must be around 4 and 5 years old now, and they tend to keep to themselves. Lance is always the most excited, happy dog I’ve ever seen, and he’s great with kids. Oh, that reminds me of my other two pets, my two little brothers :P

You’re given $250,000 to spend only on a new car, what do you buy?
Something that has infinite tuning potential while still retaining its practicality. Ground clearance is a must around here, with the condition our roads are in, and I’d like to be able to DD it year-round. I’d have to go with a Subaru Impreza WRX STi or a Lancer Evolution, and I could put the rest of the money towards tuning and modifying it, to make it truly mine. The other option would be a Ford Raptor, or to keep the GM-brand loyalty, the GMC All Terrain HD concept if it was ever produced. I like halo models, when automakers really put the work in to take something common and bring it into a class far above what it used to be.

If you didn’t have to answer to anyone for anything, what would you do?
Test the limits of all kinds of cars, on all kinds of roads. No speed restrictions, no police, no Sunday drivers. Just one big, fast road trip across every twisty road I could find.

What’s your favorite?:
Movie: Limitless
Food: Sushi
Color: Black or white, especially on cars.
TV Show: It’s a tie between How I Met Your Mother and Community
Gilligans Island cast member: The Professor!
Game: Forza Motorsport 4
Season: Autumn
Sport: Mountain biking
Hobby: Anything involving cars. I take great enjoyment in detailing all of the cars in our driveway, it’s therapeutic and the results show!
Book/Magazine: A Song of Ice and Fire, the whole series.
Person: I have a hard time choosing a favorite person, there are just so many people in my life I don’t know what I’d do without. If I had to choose, I’d say both my parents, because without them I wouldn’t be where I am, and they’ve always been the best to me. I feel very strong ties to my family.
Any last words?
Thanks for voting for me! I hope to continue to be a part of this forum for years to come!
vibenvy

Re: MrHatchWagon is our May 2012 MOTM

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations Christopher! Cute pup and kitties :)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Thanks! And my babies thank you too :)
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

FORZA, YEAH!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit