Summer Solstice Extreme! Drag racing and car show

Discussions about legally sanctioned general motorsports events
AKLGT

Summer Solstice Extreme! Drag racing and car show

Post by AKLGT »

Yes, it's now almost 2 months old, however since I couldn't post it appropriately before now, it's better late than never! I was sponsored by Continental Subaru to race in the Summer Solstice Extreme Drag Racing event on June 21 at Alaska Raceway Park. This was an index racing event, you sign up for which class you want to run in: 14.0 sec, 13.0 sec, 12.0 sec, and then ALL OUT class (the FAST cars). Though I've drag raced my cars several hundred times down the 1320', I have never actually RACED my car, so this was the first. There were 9 participants in my class. I did very well, could have won my class but for some strange reason decided that since I didn't NEED a Nitrous kit, I didn't need to win the event either. Instead, I won 2nd place and lost by a hair because I decided not to launch the car and just see what she could do... Of course, hindsight being 20-20, that was just plain STUPID!!!!! I kick myself every time I think about it. So here are some pics from the car show, sound off, and racing. I am proud to say that I did run my 12 sec run in my new 08 STI with just an intake and tune.the SNOBarus all lined upSome Sponsor LoveMy timeslip
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Pics of the carsour friend's TCthe Electric Car... this thing ran a 12.85!!! and all BATTERIES!!!The uber slow silvia
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

The electric Pinto was my favorite.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Toasted7

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »The electric Pinto was my favorite. +1 Nice pics!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Kari

Re: Summer Solstice Extreme! Drag racing and car show (AKLGT)

Post by Kari »

How hard is it to establish a consistent reaction time with your car? I know the few times I raced my street car at the track it was very hard -- much more difficult than it was with an actual drag car (without electronics).
GenVibe Global Moderator
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »The electric Pinto was my favorite.+2 that electric Pinto Rocks!!!!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

12 second 1/4 mile is pretty sweet!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

I would have liked to have been there that day but had to work. Oh well. Maybe if they have one next year.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
KNINE

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by KNINE »

So who's car is faster, yours or hers?
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Hers in a straight line, mine in the twisty.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

his in the twisty with slicks on vs my streets. Next year it will be a battle!! Both have slicks. I was surprised at the last event, less than a second behind his times. Usually it's a good 2 secs or so... but I had to change my outlook and attitude and it greatly increased my times. Funny how that works. I did so much better than any of the other events this year because I relaxed a little and just concentrated on having fun and enjoying myself, vs making it so complicated.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Mavrik »

Yeah she always has to bring the slicks into it lol I've been faster then her without them as well lol.thats the problem with slicks... people think its the slicks and not skill that make you faster then them. ah well... lol
AKLGT

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Yeah she always has to bring the slicks into it lol I've been faster then her without them as well lol.thats the problem with slicks... people think its the slicks and not skill that make you faster then them. ah well... lol Slicks do make a huge difference, so don't even try to play it down like they don't. Did I ever say you don't beat me in autox? No. Because everyone knows what happens IF I beat you.... So, I don't. I told you last year after that ONE event that I beat you in that you'd always win from that point on. You'd just better step it up even more next year once I get slicks because that gap will be much closer. And if I have to PURPOSELY lose to you, I'll be pissed! LOL! The last event, I was beating you in the first set of morning runs and I was worried.... I figured you'd pull through in the end to beat me, and boy was that a relief. It's not even worth it.... if you beat me in my own car I don't cry about it, even though it sucks.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS