2010 Intermittent No Start Fixed!

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Icemanxxxv

2010 Intermittent No Start Fixed!

Post by Icemanxxxv »

Here is a little background and maybe it will help someone in the future. The car would crank excessively before it would start up. It got continuously worse as time went on. I went right for the fuel pump and changed it out with little or no help as the car was still starting fine intermittently. Then it got bad. Excessive cranking before it would stumble to start it would take multiple attempts to get it to start. Almost as if it were flooded. It ran fine with plenty of power and no hesitation after idle was achieved. No CEL or code presented. I was talking about it with a friend who happens to be one of the sharpest mechanics I know. We both work at a major airline. He maintains the ground support equipment and I fix the planes. He recalled a van that had a very similar issue. They were scratching their heads for a few days chasing it down. He suggested to me to change the Crank Sensor because that fixed the van, and it is about the only sensor that doesn't code when it is out of limits. Ordered an AC Delco crank sensor because I have had to many issues with the cheap crap they sell in the local parts store. Installed the sensor and car starts right up every time like it did for the past 7 years. So put that in the back of your brain pan in case you run into a similar no start hard start issue!
tpollauf

Re: 2010 Intermittent No Start Fixed!

Post by tpollauf »

Awesome good news! Also, looking back on your older posts, I see that it was for the GT model which has the larger 2.4L engine. This is good to know seeing that I have two of them in my fleet. Nice work and thanks for sharing ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"