Brake light not working

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
finebead

Brake light not working

Post by finebead »

Wife put her 09 Vibe in the garage and I noticed the brake light on the left side is not working. Everything else seems to work, just not the red center light on the drivers side. I turned on the light switch for the headlights, and wife said that the center red light comes on. Hmmm. Light does not work when press the brake pedal, but it comes on when you turn on the headlights.

Ideas? Is there a fuse for the brake light that is different than the headlight?
jolt

Re: Brake light not working

Post by jolt »

Change the bulb. The tail light is on with the headlights, that portion of the bulb is good. The stop light portion of the bulb is bad.

Here is a link to a video showing you how: https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2009 ... tail_light

I think the lamp number is 7443 but double check that.
finebead

Re: Brake light not working

Post by finebead »

jolt wrote:Change the bulb. The tail light is on with the headlights, that portion of the bulb is good. The stop light portion of the bulb is bad.
I had no idea there were two portions to those bulbs. I do my own oil changes and routine maintenance, but I've been lucky and not had to fool with light bulbs in a long time.

Thank you for your help!!!