Window weather stripping.

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
deafanddiabetic

Window weather stripping.

Post by deafanddiabetic »

I love my Vibe but not enough to pay $100 per window from GM for the weather stripping for the front windows. I just did them in my Ford Ranger and Toyota Corolla and they cost me like $20 for each window.

What kind of stripping will work in there, or do you have a good source for the stripping?

Thank!
Caretaker

Re: Window weather stripping.

Post by Caretaker »

Does this help?:

https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshoho ... NC1nYXM%3D

Go back to the main page to enter your exact Vibe year and model. I wasn't sure if it was the "run channel" you were referring to; and I know the one I have linked is for the rear door. You may want to Conicelli a call on the phone to discuss your exact part.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Best price available is 61 each for the front door run channel of my 05. I also need new cowl seal but this is expensive too.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

So I bought a toyota matrix (07, 08) run channel. Fits perfectly.
Attachments
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG (93.54 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

You didn't specify which gen of Vibe you had.

If you have the 03-08 model, I just pulled off a pair of the weather strips off a 2004 Toyota Corolla in a junkyard and they fit perfectly. I even laid them side by side with my old Vibe strips, and they were an exact match. I'd say get some of the same.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

bigdoug wrote:You didn't specify which gen of Vibe you had.

If you have the 03-08 model, I just pulled off a pair of the weather strips off a 2004 Toyota Corolla in a junkyard and they fit perfectly. I even laid them side by side with my old Vibe strips, and they were an exact match. I'd say get some of the same.
Hi, bigdoug, that's exactly what I found out after changing the driver side window weatherstripping on my 05.

Those interested in changing theirs can also search this part for Toyota Altis. They cost much less than the one for corolla or the vibe.