Thermostats

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Fever

Thermostats

Post by Fever »

Summer of 2015 I did some maintenance including a coolant flush, hoses, t-stat. 2007 1.8L 155k km. Picked up the hoses, t-stat and other items at my local CARQUEST.

Lately the cabin heat has had a mind of it's own, and I drove home yesterday to find coolant leaking from what appeared to be good looking connections. Did a little research and thought I'd start with the t-stat. Some others have found aftermarket units just don't work as well as the Toyota replacement. After my experience I totally agree.

So I picked up the Toyota replacement and installed it today. Problem seems to be fixed!

The oem unit was much beefier than the CARQUEST one. OEM was stamped Toyota. During the test drive the cabin heat came on much sooner than before, and seemed to be higher temperature. No leaks after test drive.

So when it comes time to replace your thermostat, get the Toyota oem replacement. Saves having to do again 18 months later.
'07Vibe '13FR-S '99Ranger
Caretaker

Re: Thermostats

Post by Caretaker »

........or 18 minutes later