Ecm/pcm replacement

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Jcrupp

Ecm/pcm replacement

Post by Jcrupp »

I have come to fact that I needed to replace the ecm/pcm do to the fact of the car would start we would drive it 1/4 mile and it would die and not crank after that after letting it sit for a few hours it would start and drive again 1/4 mile I replaced the starter, alt., and battery with new ones so looked this problem up on all data and it said probably the ecm pcm I have a new/used ecm pcm but not sure if I have to get it programmed or not since it was used it's on a 2004 vibe gt has the 6 speed manual trans and the 2ss-ge motor please I could use any advice
lannvouivre

Re: Ecm/pcm replacement

Post by lannvouivre »

Need year, engine, transmission, and FWD or AWD. By engine, I mean 1ZZ or 2ZZ, not 1.8L or 1.8L or 1.8L N/A. I'm also not entirely sure you need a new ECU. Make sure you get it nailed down and stop throwing money/parts at it without verifying the cause of the problems, otherwise you're just throwing money and time away.

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say All Data is not really going to be your friend here. You have replaced the starter, battery, and alternator apparently without diagnosing anything at all. I think you'd save money taking it to a technician.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit