Blower? Blower Resistor? Blower Relay?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
gdovibe

Blower? Blower Resistor? Blower Relay?

Post by gdovibe »

About 2 weeks ago my AC/Heater stopped working in all but the High setting. With a little reading I found out that it was the Blower Resistor. Over the last 2 weeks I just used the AC on High, but then 3 days ago it stopped working on High as well. I replaced the Blower Resistor (what a pain in the (removed)) this morning and still nothing in any of the settings.

My question is, did running the AC without a blower resistor damage anything? What should I look at next to replace?

Also, you should know this is a replacement FOUR SEASONS Blower Motor that I installed in Nov of 2014.

Thanks for any help and for this forum, it's been invaluable!
Chiadog

Re: Blower? Blower Resistor? Blower Relay?

Post by Chiadog »

Running the blower on high with a bad resistor will not harm anything. If you are getting electrical power to the resistor, the blower motor is likely shot. Try giving the dash a kick at the glove box area. The kick may "jump start" the blower motor, and if it doesn't at least you will feel better! I started my blower motor in this fashion for a month before I repaired the motor. One of my motor brushes was hanging-up.
Did you rule out the fuse/fuses and relay? An electrical diagram would be helpful.