How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Amanda

How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have?

Post by Amanda »

I have located two drain holes in the moonroof. I also located the two rear end drains that drain next to the rear wheels. I checked the blue tubes that are in the back panels of the car, they seem fine. My problem is when it rains my driver side floorboard turns into a puddle. Not good. Also water drips on me while driving from the grey plastic panel next to the drivers door above my head. So does the Vibe have more than two drains for the moonroof? If so how do i get to the blue drain tubes in the front of my car?Thanks! Moonroof.... Other side in Moonroof.... My Floor board where the water pools... Where water drips on me and I'm guessing onto the floor board... I'm under my car by the rear wheels... this is where the blue hose that's for the Moonroof drains are attached to....
keithvibe

Re: How many drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (Amanda)

Post by keithvibe »

Welcomeyou need to upload the photos to the site, if they are too large you need to upload them to a place like photobucket so it can be hosted there. Once you have that done then you can come back and fix your post.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Amanda

Re: How many drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (keithvibe)

Post by Amanda »

I have pictures... I'm just trying to figure out how to get them to post.... Maybe this will work....

512981=15464-74426_1504549172068_1184404747_31179004_7843306_n.jpg
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Amanda

Post by Amanda »

keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Not so sure where this is on the car.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (Amanda)

Post by keithvibe »

these aren't really drains.. but vents Ever close more than one door exactly at one time? These vents are there to allow the presure that is created a place to go. If you were to remove the rear cladding on the inside of the car you would see the inside vent location.
Amanda

Re: How many drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (keithvibe)

Post by Amanda »

Moon roof ...
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

if your getting wet from the roof, do you have a sun roof?If not then that leads me to think, if you recently had the windshield was replaced the seal isn't correct.For the floor check up under the driverside foot well to be sure the main wireharness that is located up under the dashboard is sealed and doesn't have gaps.You can also check this from the engine bay as well.The water could also be coming in from the door seal.
keithvibe

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (keithvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

Ok now that I know you do have a sun/moon roof. It's most likely coming from there.There are four drainsHerb was nice enough to take photos when he had his down
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Sweet... thanks for these pictures... Now all I have to do is take the headliner out so I can see what's up with the Drain and Blue Tubing. Yuck! I'm suspecting that the Tubing is loose or clogged all together.Thanks so much... I have a lot of work to do!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

correct.
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »these aren't really drains.. but vents Ever close more than one door exactly at one time? These vents are there to allow the presure that is created a place to go. If you were to remove the rear cladding on the inside of the car you would see the inside vent location.Keith--I believe those are the drain holes for the sunroof. There are two more just like it where the front drainage tubes drain out. Amanda--one thing you might want to do first is, on a dry day, poor water down into those drainage holes in the sunroof (one in each corner) and see if they are draining out underneath the car. You should see the water poor out under the car from the drain tubes (four small puddles near each tire).
Amanda

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (epcIII)

Post by Amanda »

I'll try that too... I know for sure there is something wrong with the front drain hole on the drivers side. I'll have to get the flash light out to try and see the back Moonroof drain holes, those are a bit harder to spot than the front holes.Thanks so much for your input guys!!
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

You could also try blowing some compressed air down the drainage tube to see if that might unclog it. But it might have come detached too.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (epcIII)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

if you do end up taking the headliner out, take notes of what all has to be undone to get it out. There are a few of us on here with plans to mod ours
keithvibe

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have? (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »if you do end up taking the headliner out, take notes of what all has to be undone to get it out. There are a few of us on here with plans to mod ours really, lol why don't you do it? lolQuote, originally posted by epcIII »Keith--I believe those are the drain holes for the sunroof. There are two more just like it where the front drainage tubes drain out.You might be right it's been quite sometime since I gutted my car. No need for me to do it again, all the sound deadner is done lol
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

In 2012, a forum software upgrade, the URLs to those pictures changed, but I found them, so here they are:

Amanda's pictures of the front drain holes from above

Herb's pictures from underneath with the headliner removed that keithvibe referenced

Passenger Rear

Passenger Front

Driver Front

Driver Rear
aspen007

Re: How many Moonroof drains does the 2003 Vibe have?

Post by aspen007 »

Great pictures. Thanks for posting. In addition to removing any debris from the drain openings at each corner of the moonroof opening, you may need to clean the drain tubes if they are blocked. If you don't have compressed air, you can clear the drain tubes using weedeater/trimmer cord. Gently slide the trimmer cord through the opening as far as you can. You can also use a length of flexible insulated braided wire.

Once cleared, pour a little water into each corner drain and confirm that the water passes through the drain tube and exits out the drain tube opening onto the ground. The rear drain tube opening is behind the rear wheel.