What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
petervivian

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by petervivian »

ColonelPanic wrote:Installed a new pair of Strongarm 4079 liftgate supports. They fit perfectly and work great, plus they're American made. Around $43 plus tax. Yay, it opens fully all by itself now. :shock:

The glass needs a pair too, but it never gets used so those will wait.
Are they better than these $20 a pair ones? Is it true they have lifetime warranty?
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Bought one more remote transmitter GQ43VT14T for my 05. Added this key fob to the car.
RadioFreeVibe

Post by RadioFreeVibe »

Three months ago, my mechanic installed KYB front struts and Toyota mounts for me, which turned out great. I had it in mind to do all four corners so today I gave him the KYB shocks and Moog links to put in the rear. I thought I might not even notice, because the rear was still okay, but on getting the car back, wow, the car feels solid all around, rugged even, like I should go find some dirt!

I probably could have skipped the rear struts, but I'm glad I got them put in. I asked if I should get an alignment and the mechanic said no. I'll get the alignment done before summer though.
2005 AWD Vibe "Clementine" 117,000 km
oem crossbars * f/t power point * fog lights mod
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Front brake job 8-)
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

RadioFreeVibe wrote:Three months ago, my mechanic installed KYB front struts and Toyota mounts for me, which turned out great. I had it in mind to do all four corners so today I gave him the KYB shocks and Moog links to put in the rear. I thought I might not even notice, because the rear was still okay, but on getting the car back, wow, the car feels solid all around, rugged even, like I should go find some dirt!

I probably could have skipped the rear struts, but I'm glad I got them put in. I asked if I should get an alignment and the mechanic said no. I'll get the alignment done before summer though.
Thinking of doing the front suspension when it gets warmer. Moog sells a front end kit that includes upper and lower control arms, ball joints, stabilizer bar, and bushings. Did you use the KYB quick struts for the fronts? I think they come with mounts, but if not, would you be able to share the part numbers please?

For the rears, KYB doesn't offer quick struts, so did you leave the original springs and strut mounts? Are these the links? K90718 http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-de ... Bar%20Link
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Roated the winter tires on my mom's Vibe yesterday.

The Techna-Fit brake lines arrived last week. This week I will be taking all the rotors and calipers to be powder coated. Hopefully by the beginning of April, the brakes will be done and I can get the 18s put back on :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

Installed window deflectors this afternoon. Thanks for the parts, Nancy (jazzvibe)!

Vibe window deflectors 1 (600 x 450).jpg
Vibe window deflectors 1 (600 x 450).jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 54059 times
Vibe window deflectors 2 (600 x 450).jpg
Vibe window deflectors 2 (600 x 450).jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 54059 times
Vibe window deflectors 3 (600 x 450).jpg
Vibe window deflectors 3 (600 x 450).jpg (74.39 KiB) Viewed 54059 times
Last edited by djan2000 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

Also put in the cargo cover. Thanks again to Nancy (jazzvibe)!
Attachments
Vibe cargo cover (600 x 450).jpg
Vibe cargo cover (600 x 450).jpg (71.02 KiB) Viewed 54059 times
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Did a 1354.1 miles road trip. Averaged 33.2 mpg. Driving the vibe for long is stressful when the speed exceeds 65 miles per hour.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

petervivian wrote:Did a 1354.1 miles road trip. Averaged 33.2 mpg. Driving the vibe for long is stressful when the speed exceeds 65 miles per hour.
Long distance, that's pretty much the one and only weakness of the vibe. It's a bit too harsh, a bit too noisy and ergonomically slightly awkward. I just came back from a long trip myself (Iowa-Eastern North Carolina- Iowa). But this time we used my wife's 2010 Ford Focus. It is less noisy, more comfortable in the suspension, but the seat lacked lumbar support even though it is better than the Vibe's seat.
I made changes to my Vibe that makes it more comfy. It would have been as good as the Focus for this run.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

My Vibe got a new battery. It was parked fro a week while we were on Spring Break. Upon checking the battery was dead. It was drained so much that it could not be tested. It was a O'Reilly's Super Start Premium, 9 years old! I said: "Give me a new one."
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

New tires. Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. (In case you didn't know, these are made by Bridgestone but I'll skip the details here.) They've been great over my old Kumho Ecsta 4Xs, which were incredible UHP all seasons -terrible in cold and snow tho - and very well loved by Tire Rack, as well. Anyway, they look great, they stick great. Could use a little bit more instant response, but otherwise very happy so far. Hope to get out to my fav twisties here soon to really get a proper feel for them.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... =Firestone

After getting the new tires, I headed home and began adding lightness to the Vibe before heading out to the big TX2K event. Managed to remove about 133.3lbs in 15min. Yep, took the Vibe since my back issues are currently keeping me from finishing up a job on the Supra. Spent a few days about a hour south of me in Houston enjoying the sights and sounds of everything from Hondas to Lambos, bikes to trucks. If you don't know or haven't heard of the yearly TX2K event, as it's currently known, and live anywhere near Texas, it's worth checking out at least once.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Did another trip of 1450 miles on my 05 Vibe. I folded the rear seats and loaded the entire cabin with my staff. The rear wheel gaps are essentially gone. The ride quality was much worse because of the weight. Much more body roll so I felt dizzy after the long trip.
Another problem is that the headlights are so dim. It rained really hard last night and I can't see the lanes on the interstate (I40 east AR). I am thinking of installing a LED driving light bar.
The frontal area of the hood also got a lot of paint chips need to be fixed.
Last edited by petervivian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I dropped the rotors, caliper brackets and calipers off at the powder coater yesterday! Everything will be sandblasted and powder coated satin black. After that comes installation... Finally!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Found (and fixed) the source of coolant loss in my 03 trix
trixrad.jpg
trixrad.jpg (62.17 KiB) Viewed 53964 times
Glad autozone stocks our radiators
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

petervivian wrote:Did another trip of 1450 miles on my 05 Vibe. I folded the rear seats and loaded the entire cabin with my staff. The rear wheel gaps are essentially gone. The ride quality was much worse because of the weight. Much more body roll so I felt dizzy after the long trip.
Another problem is that the headlights are so dim.
With all the weight in the back, your headlights end up aiming up towards the sky, so there is less light on the road.
2009 Vibe Base
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

MacGyver wrote:
petervivian wrote:Did another trip of 1450 miles on my 05 Vibe. I folded the rear seats and loaded the entire cabin with my staff. The rear wheel gaps are essentially gone. The ride quality was much worse because of the weight. Much more body roll so I felt dizzy after the long trip.
Another problem is that the headlights are so dim.
With all the weight in the back, your headlights end up aiming up towards the sky, so there is less light on the road.
Thank you.
RadioFreeVibe

Post by RadioFreeVibe »

I got front struts installed in November and rear struts in February by my indie mechanic. Yesterday the steering felt scary on left turns, so this morning I took it to the Toyota dealer for the post-struts alignment I knew I needed. Alignment was way off plus they found a nail in the front left tire. They patched the tire, did the alignment on their high-tech machine with computer printout and now the steering feel is back. The Toyota service advisor was great, was fine taking in a 12-year old Vibe/Matrix for service and spent time analyzing the problem. I was impressed.
2005 AWD Vibe "Clementine" 117,000 km
oem crossbars * f/t power point * fog lights mod
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

I sold my vibe today. A sad day indeed.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Dairgo wrote:I sold my vibe today. A sad day indeed.
W T F :o Uhmmmm .... ooooeeee ..... ahah ...... Why the sudden decision :?:

Update. I read your other post. Too bad the tranny issue led you to this decision.
Good luck with your newer ride!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The Vibe has been sitting around collecting bird poop for over a week. :lol: Washed it and cleaned up the interior yesterday.

Installed a new hood prop rod grommet today, GM P/N 19204818. The original wouldn't have made it too much longer. :o
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Paid my Vibe off today :cool:!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:Paid my Vibe off today :cool:!

Aaaahhhh .... it feels good doesn't it :D Congrats, now drive it for several more years ;)

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:Aaaahhhh .... it feels good doesn't it :D Congrats, now drive it for several more years ;)
It feels amazing! Thanks Tim! I plan on driving it for a LONG time to come!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Did some mods with the fog lights and added some behind the scenes aftermarket fog lights....
As in the regular setup on the vibe, you can turn your regular fogs on, only after you switch on the headlights, but made the cut and now I can turn them on when I have my parking lights on only and of course with headlights on too....
The aftermarket fogs I drilled the holes on that square metal bracket behind the bumper (looks like a long square towel holder...lol) and got bolts long enough to fit thru the holes and hooked everything up.....currently I have 1 of the power wires hooked up to 1 of the headlight fuses but I think I might leave it alone...The aftermarket fogs definitely put out good light and got them on ebay for about $70.00 for the pair....
Forgot to mention that in the upper grill area, took out the factory horn and replaced it with the Hella Sharp Tone set M26s....Woooo Hooooo!!!!!
Attachments
2017-05-15 12.17.12.jpg
2017-05-15 12.17.12.jpg (80.87 KiB) Viewed 53560 times
2017-05-15 12.16.39.jpg
2017-05-15 12.16.39.jpg (87.85 KiB) Viewed 53560 times
2017-05-15 12.17.35.jpg
2017-05-15 12.17.35.jpg (80.68 KiB) Viewed 53560 times
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Painted these rock paint chips on the hood.
bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

I had this strange, very very slow coolant leak since not long after I bought the car. So far I've put over a gallon of new coolant over the span of nearly a year, but couldn't track it down. I did notice that it seemed to get worse when it was cold. Eventually I saw a bit dripping from around the drainplug.

I just replaced the drainplug for the radiator, and so far so good, for now. It is warmer too, so that might have stopped it. If not, I'm probably getting a new radiator.
If you need the drainplug for the 03-08 radiator, it's Doorman 61125, even though amazon claims it doesn't fit, it fits.

I also polished the headlights using a 3M headlight polishing cream. Mother swears by it, but although my headlights are more clear than before, when they're on at night I can still see the pits in the clear cover. So, sandpaper it is.

I also disconnected the hatch latch from the rear lock cylinder. Found that my hatch wasn't locking with the rest of the doors. Turns out the rear lock is so frozen that it was preventing the hatch from locking properly when I locked the car. I just disconnected the levers going to it. I don't know if I'll get a new lock, because that means a second key to keep track of.

Also, anyone else have trouble getting stock front sway bars off? I feel like I'm likely not alone here.
I hear this noise up front, and everything feels tight except sway bar ball joints have boots completely torn open. Might as well replace them. I tend to replace them with one side lifted up at a time, this keeps the sway bar and link tight as I'm loosening nuts. Then I either lift the other side of the car to release sway bar tension, or lift up the steering knuckle on that side.

Well, on one side, the ball joint stud on the bottom was rusted to the sway bar end and hammer blows didn't seem to loosen it. I left the nut slightly loose on that one and drove it a short distance, it broke loose pretty fast. I tightened the nut back up until I could remove it properly.

The other side was worse. I'm sure everyone's had this problem where the ball joint and shaft rotate with the nut, and that allen key/hex key hole on the end of the shaft is worthless because it's rusted, right? Aftermarket sway bars have flats on the ball joint to put a wrench on, the stock one was perfectly round.
swayends.jpg
swayends.jpg (44.97 KiB) Viewed 53530 times
I ended up removing the entire rubber boot for it, using a small dremel tool to rough up and flatten the side of the ball joint shaft, and then put a vice grip wrench so tight on the shaft I almost had to use another wrench to close the vice grip. The nut finally came free, as shown in the second photo.
allthewrenches.jpg
allthewrenches.jpg (69.89 KiB) Viewed 53530 times
end.jpg
end.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 53530 times
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

bigdoug wrote: I also disconnected the hatch latch from the rear lock cylinder. Found that my hatch wasn't locking with the rest of the doors. Turns out the rear lock is so frozen that it was preventing the hatch from locking properly when I locked the car. I just disconnected the levers going to it. I don't know if I'll get a new lock, because that means a second key to keep track of.
The 03 Vibe I have now I bought used, when I got it the key didn't work in the hatch. I ended up taking the lock out of the hatch, disassembling it and cleaned it up using a lot of WD40. I think the way air and road spray swirls around the back of the Vibe causes the lock to get all gunked up Also, the one key I got with the car was a bit worn, and I had to file one of the lock internal parts to get the key to work.

Sounds like an adventure on the ball joints. Often repairs go like that for me. Read the procedure, one small step that sounds easy doesn't go as planned, rummaging around the garage to try to match the tools I own to what might work. You solution was creative.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Finally took a day off to do nothing but automotive maintenance on our Vibes. Removed winter tires and put back on the 18" GT rims/tires on my sons Vibe. Aso gave it an oil change (only got two quarts out of it :cry: ) and it was very black looking. He's hard on his Vibe and I stay on top of the maintenance so it remains a dependable vehicle.

I also took advantage of the empty garage to give my Vibe it's THIRD oil change. Seeing how I'll be making the trip in a couple weeks to the Vibe Meet in Kentucky I got my Vibe ready for the trip. It's only been 51 months since the last oil change (I know .. bad Tim :x ) but only 8000 miles was put on her! It didn't burn a drop and the old oil color was a dark golden brown ... not black like one would expect. Also performed some minor cleaning. If it weren't for my hockey gear stinking up the interior every now & then, this car would still have the "new car smell" seeing how it doesn't get driven all that much.

Also, next week will mark my 8th year of Vibe ownership. I've accumulated 25390 miles, burned 874 gallons costing $2437, and netting me 29.06 MPG. Not bad for the larger 2.4L engine :D

bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

As I mentioned I recently tried using this 3M cream that my mother had on my own headlights. I think at best it removed the dust on the headlights. I hand rubbed it in, so maybe using power tools would have been more efficient?

Here's the headlights during the day. Clear and brand new, right?
kindaclearheadlight.jpg
kindaclearheadlight.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 53390 times
Here's the same headlights at night. Still pitted. Nothing's changed.
headlightfog.jpg
headlightfog.jpg (72.8 KiB) Viewed 53390 times
And, here's the headlight pattern on the side of my work's building. It never did that before. Sure I'm not smoking something, I'm seeing pretty sparkly lights!
lightpattern.jpg
lightpattern.jpg (51.64 KiB) Viewed 53390 times
Going to have to do a more in-depth polishing, maybe with sandpaper. Anyone here figure out a good way? I know I saw a thread where someone polished their lights with sandpaper.
joatmon wrote: The 03 Vibe I have now I bought used, when I got it the key didn't work in the hatch. I ended up taking the lock out of the hatch, disassembling it and cleaned it up using a lot of WD40. I think the way air and road spray swirls around the back of the Vibe causes the lock to get all gunked up Also, the one key I got with the car was a bit worn, and I had to file one of the lock internal parts to get the key to work.
I just pulled the cylinder apart, although now I have to figure out how to flatten the cover. It was seized in, I had to use a screwdriver to gently tap it out with a hammer. Some of the slider pins are rusted. I'm also going to have to lightly file some of the pins to get it to work. However, I have heard that GM dealerships can make a new key based on your VIN number for $10 as long as you prove you own the car (title or registration, ID), so if your key is worn you might be able to get a new one.

Now I just have to figure out what dremel tool to use to get the rust off and smooth it up, and what lube is best for lock cylinders.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Had a "spill and fill" of the coolant and transmission fluid done on my mom's Vibe today.

This past Tuesday (May 23), was the 8th anniversary of when my mom got her Vibe! Tomorrow it will be getting a full interior and exterior detail...
bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

Was coming around a corner on a dirt road a little too fast. My car lost traction on the loose stone, I started to "drift" sideways down the road with my bumper pointing into the corner. If I knew how to drift properly maybe I could have corrected it, instead I went into the side of the road and hit a ridge of gravel. No problem, but when I put my car in reverse the bumper caught something and pulled partially off. Half the fasteners for the bumper were not there so that might have caused the problem.
bumper damage.jpg
bumper damage.jpg (95.23 KiB) Viewed 53328 times
And you can see the tracks in the road and where I hit the side of the road.
dirt road.jpg
dirt road.jpg (69.46 KiB) Viewed 53328 times
I was able to limp somewhere like this and then better secure the bumper. This gave me an excuse to finally pull the bumper out of the way and drill out those broken bolts, and replace that vertical hood latch bracket. And also replace those rubber bumper screws. The bumper is back on.

Also, I've cleaned out that rear hatch lock to the point where it moves freely even without lube, and the pins in it are so clean they launch themselves across the table if I'm not careful.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

You did well Doug. Those are the kinds of accidents we all want to have; nothing but a little hurt ego. The Vibe will live to see another day, as will you and all the hundreds of people you could have hit but didn't. Fix 'er up and get back on the horse.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

ColonelPanic wrote:Installed a new pair of Strongarm 4079 liftgate supports. They fit perfectly and work great, plus they're American made. Around $43 plus tax. Yay, it opens fully all by itself now. :shock:

The glass needs a pair too, but it never gets used so those will wait.
I installed a pair of Strongarm 4079 on my 05 today. They are certainly better than the weak old struts. But when the gate is opened, it will go up and hesitate a little in the midway, then continues opening quickly until it hits the gate's opening limit. The car will shake a bit because of the momentum.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

petervivian wrote: I installed a pair of Strongarm 4079 on my 05 today. They are certainly better than the weak old struts. But when the gate is opened, it will go up and hesitate a little in the midway, then continues opening quickly until it hits the gate's opening limit. The car will shake a bit because of the momentum.
Mine are doing the same, almost seems like they could be a bit too strong. It also makes for a workout when closing the hatch, but that is getting better over time.

Image Image
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

ColonelPanic wrote:
petervivian wrote: I installed a pair of Strongarm 4079 on my 05 today. They are certainly better than the weak old struts. But when the gate is opened, it will go up and hesitate a little in the midway, then continues opening quickly until it hits the gate's opening limit. The car will shake a bit because of the momentum.
Mine are doing the same, almost seems like they could be a bit too strong. It also makes for a workout when closing the hatch, but that is getting better over time.
If I remember correctly when the Vibe was new, the liftgate opened and closed smoothly. Maybe I should get Toyota replacement lift support instead.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Did the 75,000 mile oil changes on both our Vibes and installed K&N washable cabin air filters today.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Repainted my hubcaps with Krylon brilliant aluminum....looks fantastic. Vibe never looked better 8-) Also replaced my lift supports, LED license plate bulbs and in process of getting windows re-tinted. Vibe is getting some TLC at 220K :D
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Clayed the car and tried Meguiar's ultimate quik wax. I left it on for too long before wiping it off. A later research (on Youtube) found that I should just wait for 20-30 seconds. I'll see how the protection lasts.
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

I put in new spark plugs, ignition coils, and a pcv on my '03. Runs a lot smoother now.

Waiting on my throttle body and intake manifold from maxbore which I hope comes this week. Ordered a CAI which is scheduled to arrive this week. Hope to be installing all three of those next weekend!
2003 Base Vibe
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

[quote="bigdoug"]As I mentioned I recently tried using this 3M cream that my mother had on my own headlights. I think at best it removed the dust on the headlights. I hand rubbed it in, so maybe using power tools would have been more efficient?

Here's the headlights during the day. Clear and brand new, right?
kindaclearheadlight.jpg

Here's the same headlights at night. Still pitted. Nothing's changed.
headlightfog.jpg

And, here's the headlight pattern on the side of my work's building. It never did that before. Sure I'm not smoking something, I'm seeing pretty sparkly lights!
lightpattern.jpg

Going to have to do a more in-depth polishing, maybe with sandpaper. Anyone here figure out a good way? I know I saw a thread where someone polished their lights with sandpaper.

I used the 3M to clear my headlights.The package comes with a 3000 sandpaper that you use with the 3M "rubbing compound". It did take a lot of haze out on my headlights but there is still some tiny pits in them even after treating them twice. Maybe someone has had better results with some other brand.
2003 Base Vibe
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

KingKrab65 wrote:I put in new spark plugs, ignition coils, and a pcv on my '03. Runs a lot smoother now.

Waiting on my throttle body and intake manifold from maxbore which I hope comes this week. Ordered a CAI which is scheduled to arrive this week. Hope to be installing all three of those next weekend!

Put my maxbore ported intake manifold and throttle body plus an Injen CAI on over the weekend. Had to cut 2" off of the CAI, but other than that it went pretty smooth.
2003 Base Vibe
Rzza

Post by Rzza »

I need help, so today I had my whole exhaust replaced from the manifold to the muffler all the pipes and new gaskets and cat and resonator. I was really happy its purring nicely but when I am driving it sounds like CRAP when I accelerate over 3000rpm. So I get home and I had my son rev the engine while I was under the car and there are no leaks, the sound is coming from the tailpipe. Why is this happening? The only thing I can think of is the muffler is not adequate enough. I have the 2003 GT and they no longer make that muffler so I went with the cheapo that was sold locally. Any ideas before I go back to the shop? I expect he is going to say its a crappy muffler and I am sol. Thanks
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Went old school. Sooooo much better than the slip on covers !
Went old school. Sooooo much better than the slip on covers !
coverd.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 52765 times
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Repainted hubcaps with Krylon brilliant aluminum and painted steelies so it wouldnt show the rust behind them. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.
Attachments
cap.jpg
cap.jpg (99.86 KiB) Viewed 52740 times
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

cptnsolo77 wrote:coverd.jpg
Every car my dad owned until I was in college had one of these wraps in matching color!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

They are great ! At first it looked out of place, but they are very comfy.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
circuitsmith

Post by circuitsmith »

Bicycle handlebar tape:
DSCN2326.JPG
DSCN2326.JPG (53.12 KiB) Viewed 52728 times
2006 Matrix 5-sp
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

That's a great idea ! Wouldn't have thought of that one 8-)
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

cptnsolo77 wrote:Repainted hubcaps with Krylon brilliant aluminum and painted steelies so it wouldnt show the rust behind them. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.
That looks fantastic! I desperately need to do the same, I'm just waiting on figuring out a way to get the Pontiac logos back on. Although on a couple wheel covers, it's already faded off, so does it really matter? :lol:

Image Image