What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
bodhi_tree777

What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Got this idea from another car forum I'm on, it's essentially just a running thread to note any major or minor changes to your car, maintenance, etc. Great for those who like to tinker with their cars but don't want to start new threads for every little thing. I'll start off. Getting ready to drive to NC tomorrow, so today I rotated the tires, changed the oil, got new wipers and put in a fresh air filter. Oh, and cleaned the junk out of the interior to make room for new junk that will surely pile up on the way there and back. Fun stuff.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
jake75

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by jake75 »

I removed the dealer applied advertising sticker on my lower rear hatch - not the easiest job to get all of that adhesive off after it has been on for 5 months. Dealer acquired a nearby Chevy franchise a few months ago and unloaded his Pontiac-GMC franchise to the Buick dealer around the corner. Next I might as well remove the Pontiac nameplate. Maybe I could find a "BUICK" nameplate and be the first to be driving a Buick Vibe.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
cp_stunna_2011

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (jake75)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

I put all new door speakers in, the best that Rockford Fosgate has to offer!
Baby Blue
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

My Vibe is 400mi from me ATM... I've gotten a crapload of work done on the Subie though... I've laid on my back now for about the past 3hrs, head under the steering colum legs where the back seat should be (the car is stripped) organizing moving and generally cleaning up the wiring under the drivers dash.. I stuffed the various cavities I found with some memory type foam I bought cheap a few months ago.. I laid down about 4-5yd of my final layer of sound deadening.. my barrier layer.. (Pic to come, maybe it's a subie, not a vibe)My back is killing me..
Kamikaze

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Kamikaze »

I fitted the GM body kit. now that I know everything is going to work I packed it all away till I can get ti painted and installed... probably not till next year.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
Houston

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (jake75)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »I might as well remove the Pontiac nameplate. Maybe I could find a "BUICK" nameplate and be the first to be driving a Buick Vibe.lol! If the Vibe really does go to Buick, you'll be famous! I'll want an autographed picture of you and your Buick Vibe, too. Free, of course.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
ArcsVibe

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (Houston)

Post by ArcsVibe »

What did I do with the Vibe today hmmm bought a new rear wiper, 2 new tires and gave it a good cleaning inside.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

150 miles in the rain. Not anything exciting.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Just took off the rear tire (Michelin Pilot Exalto) on the '03 and took two screws out of the fat of the tire, requiring one plug. The other was just superficial. I strongly recommend that as a normal course of action, that everyone look down at their tires every time they approach their car or walk down the driveway to pick up your newspaper. You'll view the tires at a different spot each time and will be able to spot shiney objects protruding from the tire.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

finally found the time to shine up the chrome on my wheels. took about an hour and a half. a couple weeks ago i went wirebrush crazy and took off the caked-on brake dust. i'm happy they're shiny again
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Digger

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by Digger »

I rotated the tires and changed the oil. Checked the brakes. they are about 50% after 60,000 mile. last week I did a drain and fill on the transmission. Should be good to go for another 5,000 mile. That is other than washing.
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
bodhi_tree777

Re:

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Drove 1200 miles in the last few days, and the old girl took it like a champ.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Kamikaze

Re: Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Kamikaze »

I touched up a couple of paint chips this morning.Next on the list is a good waxing, but I just haven't had the time.
cp_stunna_2011

Re: Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

how are yo touching those up?
Baby Blue
Kamikaze

Re: Re: (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by cp_stunna_2011 »how are yo touching those up?I bought some touch up paint from the dealer that matches my paint. they're just small chips, so you just put a little paint on them and call it done. They make these pens that work pretty good for that... looks something like this:
bodhi_tree777

Re: Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

bump
ghostpuppy

I de-badged and re-badged my 05!!!!!

Post by ghostpuppy »

Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...Na, da! It sat in the driveway while I worked on the patio....yesterday, however, I installed an Auto Meter 9100 ecometer and began my initial tank-test to compare its final numbers with the tank/milage numbers when I fill-up again.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
Kamikaze

Re: (Old Tele man)

Post by Kamikaze »

I waxed my vibe, and put my new side skirts and front bumper extentions on, I might put the rear bumper cover on tomorrow (uh, I guess now it's today)Pictures once all done.
bodhi_tree777

Re: I de-badged and re-badged my 05!!!!! (ghostpuppy)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by ghostpuppy »that's hilarious. I'm still thinking about getting black overlays for my Pontiac logo, sort of in mourning
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

The first official Chevy Vibe!!! Someone must have been smoozing with the big boys to get the first production Chevy Vibe lol
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

finally got rid of the stock battery, 6 years and 75k miles
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I installed these:
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Herb

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (BlueCrush)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I installed these: Nice! I was thinking about getting one of these for quite some time.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

just returned from an 1800km road trip to Portland, Or. Car's covered in bugs....
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Have not installed it yet, but I bought a new PCV valve for it!
bodhi_tree777

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (ToolGuy)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

just put another 1300 (or so) miles on her touring around upstate NY wine country. Zipping along with the AC cranking we still averaged 34-35 mpgs. Did a bit of off roading as well. I love this car.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

NICE... are you planning a stop in Buffalo for wings??? If so, let me know, I can point you to the "right" places.. The Anchor Bar is the original, but La Nova does some of the best.. There are other smaller places that I liked more, but La Nova's BBQ pit wings are hard to beat.. !!And SUBS, man they are hard to beat... A wikkid Steak-n-Cheese with fried mushroom and onions, better than (removed), my GF would tell you so.. lol.. You have to hit the right places though...lol.. Ahh, I miss Buffalo, well, I miss the food... heck, I miss all of Buffalo, living in the sticks SUCKS... (nobody cares about food here, cept for the one BBQ joint that was on the food network recently, Bone Daddy's)
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Yknow, sadly, we didn't really get to poke around Buffalo much. We stayed there two nights, going to and coming from the Syracuse area, but got in late both nights and, ahem, spent most of our time celebrating our anniversary in our room . We ate at a place called Smokey Bones near our hotel (the airport Millenium, right next to some mall). Not bad but I think they're a chain restaurant. Did get some awesome wines near Seneca Lake and from a couple of estates south of Buffalo. Good stuff, one in particular would have been awesome with wings. I dunno why I didn't think of that We go every year around the 4th, I'll keep that in mind. How's the Buffalo Zoo? Worth the trip?
renate

Post by renate »

Today mire tire pressure light came on(actually yesterday) so I aired all the tires which all at about 25 psi and brought them up to 32,and the light went off.
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
Herb

Post by Herb »

Brought it in for a coolant flush and fill. Pretty mundane huh?
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Sublimewind

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Yknow, sadly, we didn't really get to poke around Buffalo much. We stayed there two nights, going to and coming from the Syracuse area, but got in late both nights and, ahem, spent most of our time celebrating our anniversary in our room . We ate at a place called Smokey Bones near our hotel (the airport Millenium, right next to some mall). Not bad but I think they're a chain restaurant. Did get some awesome wines near Seneca Lake and from a couple of estates south of Buffalo. Good stuff, one in particular would have been awesome with wings. I dunno why I didn't think of that We go every year around the 4th, I'll keep that in mind. How's the Buffalo Zoo? Worth the trip?I honestly can't say I ever WENT to the Zoo... lol... I'd rather see them on my plate, then behind glass..lol.. You where prolly near the Galleria Mall.. I've not been there for some years now, so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit..
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

To me the Buffalo Zoo was...OK...Monkey rooms stink in the summer. It was a bit depressing... haven't been there in about 12 years though. There is a place outside of Toronto called African Lion Safari that was pretty cool as a kid. The drive through reserve allowed you to experience the animals up close in a semi-"natural" environment. I remember driving through the monkey portion and watching them peel the rubber off from around the windows of a brand new Chevy conversion van Sublime...you used to live in the B-Lo? I grew up near Lockport (Niagara County Suburb). Bodi...have you been to Niagara Falls? Gotta see that at least once...and the Canadian side is much better than the American side. Viola's in Niagara Falls, NY has some awesome Philly steak and cheese subs
bodhi_tree777

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »To me the Buffalo Zoo was...OK...Monkey rooms stink in the summer. It was a bit depressing... haven't been there in about 12 years though. There is a place outside of Toronto called African Lion Safari that was pretty cool as a kid. The drive through reserve allowed you to experience the animals up close in a semi-"natural" environment. I remember driving through the monkey portion and watching them peel the rubber off from around the windows of a brand new Chevy conversion van Sublime...you used to live in the B-Lo? I grew up near Lockport (Niagara County Suburb). Bodi...have you been to Niagara Falls? Gotta see that at least once...and the Canadian side is much better than the American side. Viola's in Niagara Falls, NY has some awesome Philly steak and cheese subs good to know about the zoo, we'll probably still try to check it out next time we're up. We plan on home-schooling our daughter and are trying to keep tabs on any and all educational resources around. We did go to the falls last year, and you're right, the Canadian side is so much better (although the Tesla statue on the US side is worth a few photos). We also found, on the US side, that if you wander upriver a bit and peel off the path there are several little, secluded sandy beach areas just a few hundred yards up from the falls where you can sit and dip your feet in. The Canadian side was like a boardwalk atmosphere, I was surprised. Lots of wax museums and haunted houses which is just awesome. Pricey though, it seemed like everything cost at least ten bucks . We didn't go this year because I guess as of June 1st, you need your passport to get back in? We heard that, weren't sure so we didn't bother.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

cleaned my plastic ninja stars with the intention of going to the car wash after. Checked the air pressure-a perfect 32 all around. Then...it rained. Bah.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »We didn't go this year because I guess as of June 1st, you need your passport to get back in? We heard that, weren't sure so we didn't bother. That is indeed the case. There has been alot of complaints from businesses on both sides of the border regarding that, and no easy solution in sight.
Sublimewind

Re: (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »Sublime...you used to live in the B-Lo? I grew up near Lockport (Niagara County Suburb). North Tonawanda grad '92 ..!! Lockport, nice driving country out that way.. lol.. I used to be out there often.. Small world..!!Quote »Bodi...have you been to Niagara Falls? Gotta see that at least once...and the Canadian side is much better than the American side. Viola's in Niagara Falls, NY has some awesome Philly steak and cheese subs How dare you... Buffalo Steak-n-Cheese has none of the cheese wizz crap on it... lol.. But you to can vouch for the "better than (removed)" nature of them... lol.. I happened to help open the Seneca Niagara Casino (the one on the American side) I was a slot technician, got to install 200+ games.. lol.. (That's something i'll never EVER do again, work in a casino again, that is)Oh, the things I could show people about the falls at 3am... like dipping your toes in the water, on the left, 10000000 gallons of water flowing, on the right 150' drop.... lol.. Up on Goat Island (IIRC), you can stand at the point where the water splits and goes around the island... good stuff.. The canadian side is 100x better for the tourist though... better views, better nightlife.. Heck, besides the casino and falls tours, I don't thing there is even anything on the american side anymore.. it's been 7-8yrs since i've lived there though
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Started to ice it,got it 1/2 way done then drove over to my sisters to show her the new ride. Also took off the temp registration that was in the rear window.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
bull77

Post by bull77 »

busy weekend painted stuff on the vibe...- baked and painted my headlights black- tinted turn signals- clear coated tailights- repainted front grille black- cleaned and oiled filter
mherbig

busy

Post by mherbig »

De-Badged doors, took the pink lemonade colored arrow of the lift gate. First oil change, cleaned and lubed front brakes. vacuumed interior, cleaned up wiring from a sub amp installed under driver's seat. washed and waxed.
Houston

Post by Houston »

Took my 2009 Vibe to the dealer to get a better fit where the cowl surrounds the ignition. They found broken tabs and are ordering a new cowl that will hopefully arrive tomorrow.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
TONY TAT2

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (TONY TAT2)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

FINISHED THE ICE WAX JOB,WAS AT WAL-MART & PICKED UP A $8 FOLD UP ALUMINUM FOIL TYPE SUN SHIELD FOR THE DASH,IT'S A LITTLE BIG BUT FITS OK
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Gerneric mud flaps,front & rear,did that without removen the tires.Done that just in time,got rain the other day.Vent shades on the dr/pass doors,the tape on jobs,mounted about 1/8" below the top door jam,seemed to look the best that way. Now i can keep the pass windows down a bit when parked. At home it's in the sun most of the day.I'm gona need a dab of silicone to seal a small spot on the mirror trim tho,other than that thay sealed fine. [IMG][/IMG]
Sublimewind

Re: (Herb)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Herb »That is indeed the case. There has been alot of complaints from businesses on both sides of the border regarding that, and no easy solution in sight.I guess you can now get an "enhanced" license.. which somehow incorperates the passport deal into it... ?? It's been a while since I crossed from Mi to NY so hard to say..
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »I guess you can now get an "enhanced" license.. which somehow incorperates the passport deal into it... ?? It's been a while since I crossed from Mi to NY so hard to say.. There has been talk about enhanced driver licenses, but I haven't heard if it's been approved or not.
star_deceiver

Re: (Herb)

Post by star_deceiver »

I've got my EDL about 2 months ago, only $35 when I renewed my license. Took about a week & a bit to arrive by mail. A lot easier then getting a passport. No diffrence in crossing the border, either way.What I did to the Vibe today? Drove the wife to work at 4:45 this morning, then put in some OT at the mill. (might as well do something since I'm up that early)
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

nothing for me....drove to a nice golf course and golfed yesterday afternoon then went to a wedding in the evening..had to sit through a few construction zones on the highway
joatmon

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by joatmon »

I wasted my misguided time doing unecessary repairs

Attached files
Herb

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (joatmon)

Post by Herb »

Yowzers! Those look worn!How's the crank?
Blanco_Diablo

Re:

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Made a new sig...that's about it