What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
vibenvy

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by vibenvy »

Ouch :cry:! That certainly sucks Tim. Both of our Vibes have at least one scratch on at least one of the wheels. My mom hit a curb very slightly in hers a year or two ago and although it's not that bad, she was understandably upset about it. Definitely going to see about having all 8 of our OEM wheels powder coated at some point to get rid of any blemishes. Finding a mint condition replacement is next to impossible and a brand new one is most certainly out of the question at $347.17 a piece :roll:.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote:Ouch :cry:! Finding a mint condition replacement is next to impossible and a brand new one is most certainly out of the question at $347.17 a piece :roll:.
Open for suggestions on where to find good used rims OR brand new ones. I'll contact my insurance agent also and see if it would be worth a small claim to cover costs. Just so I don't pay for it in the long run with higher premiums!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Wow. that could have ended much worse.
I suppose you know about this place on the interwebs: http://www.finishlinewheels.com/
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibrologist wrote: I suppose you know about this place on the interwebs: http://www.finishlinewheels.com/
Yeah I kind of remember that site being mentioned in a few topics here BUT never looked into it. So I just now looked into it and was extremely disappointed with their site. Wrong photos, wrong finishes, wrong descriptions, wrong bolt patterns, etc. With so much erroneous information I wonder how they stay in business? Are all of their rims re-manufactured items? If so, some of the prices are very close to brand new! Anyways I'll consider this site when making the decision to replace the rim(s). If I end up going BRAND NEW, then it will come form GMPartsCenter.net who has the best price at $403 delivered to my front door (GM part no. 19184110)

trb

Post by trb »

Wow, that stinks, Tim! You really did a number on those wheels, for sure. Hopefully you can find some replacements at a reasonable price.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

I've put my Vibe in the garage for the first time!
Why is that worth posting?
Consider this: 4 years ago I put vinyl siding on the house and garage. Winter came to early for me to finish the project and the soffits were still open. The following year I finished the soffit of the house but not the garage. The garage was always postponed. Obviously the birds liked that very much. So much so that I decided not to put the Vibe in the garage until I have its soffit finished as well. I finished it yesterday.
garage soffit-small.jpg
garage soffit-small.jpg (57.57 KiB) Viewed 48229 times
Problem was: my garage was full of junk and guano. Will it fit?
garage with junk-small.jpg
garage with junk-small.jpg (106.18 KiB) Viewed 48229 times
Yes!
Vibe in garage -small.jpg
Vibe in garage -small.jpg (85.62 KiB) Viewed 48229 times
and the door closes!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

PonchoGT

Post by PonchoGT »

I modded my low beam headlamps Saturday with a Pyle 6,000K Single Beam 9006 HID Xenon Driving Light System. Purchased on sale on amazon.com from 126.95 to an incredible $29.99 A deal too good for me to pass up when you consider similar systems were upwards of $500 nearly a decade ago.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The Vibe left the driveway for the first time in almost 2 weeks. :lol: She's now achieved spare car status and later I'll drive her for more frequent commuting duty once all of the maintenance projects I've been putting off have been completed.

Of course to add to the list, I got home yesterday and heard marbles under the hood. I've known it has needed a tensioner for a while, the piston has had some grimy stuff on it for the last couple of years. The belt doesn't seem to be running true on the tensioner pulley, not sure if that is a symptom of the tensioner or another belt driven component. In hindsight when I had my mechanic replace the belt about 20k ago, I should have had him do the tensioner as well. :(
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
MrManager

Post by MrManager »

Washed it the other day but I might need to again, the pollen is relentless.

Took the door panel off to see what was going on with the speaker, and it was fully intact. I guess I'll get some new speakers soon.

Trying to decide what roof rack I want for my kayak.
2009 Vibe GT
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

my vibe (and my ears) have been suffering from an obnoxious rattle for the past couple of weeks. it finally got really bad during a long road trip on friday, so i was able to get underneath and do a little troubleshooting today. turns out that the large heat shield that sits above my cat is completely loose and flopping around like the big ole piece of tin foil that it is. worst part is that it's right in the middle of the car, so even on ramps i can reach it but can't fix it. will have to have a local exhaust shop put it up on the rack for a couple of minutes to take care of it properly.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Finally got around to better hiding the ballasts, igniters and wiring for the low beam HIDs on my mom's Vibe today.

I also made a couple small changes to the engine bay of my Vibe. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow morning...
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

FINALLY got around to dumping the factory fill on the transmission. To err on the side of caution / paranoia, I put the plug back in after ~3 quarts was out. I figure I'll let it mix in very gradually with the new. Used genuine Toyota T-IV and a new Toyota 35178-30010 crush washer (though by the looks of the old I could have reused it so it resides in my toolbox now.)

The fluid was brownish-red and a bit dark. I noticed the genuine Toyota T-IV stinks even when new and the stuff I dumped reeked identically so I don't think it was in too bad of condition given the mileage. I didn't see much to write home about in the fluid I dumped out.

Took a few drives to get it heated up and try to land the fluid precisely where I wanted. Now that the fluid is all mixed in with what was left it's still a good enough red color.

Shifts beautifully now. I'll repeat this a few times in the coming months to get more of the old out of there.

Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

vibenvy wrote:I also made a couple small changes to the engine bay of my Vibe. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow morning...
Better late than never :P! Please ignore how dirty the engine is :oops:.

I removed the heat shield from around the air filter and I used a black Sharpie Rub-A-Dub laundry marker to "blackout" the AEM Dryflow logo on the air filter wrap (it used to be yellow). I'm not a fan of logos in general (notice I removed the K&N logo from the intake tube and the TRD logo from the strut tower brace) and the yellow stood out way too much, so I decided to give it a go and it ended up working out really well. I know it looks kind of silver in the last two pictures, but it's definitely black and is hidden pretty well unless you're looking right at it. I am very happy with how it turned out. I decided to remove the heat shield for the heck of it. I've always thought it looked kind of awkward and since the filter still gets pretty warm once the engine is up to operating temperature, I figured removing it definitely isn't going to hurt anything. I was also curious as to whether the engine would sound any different and whether it would affect my gas mileage at all. It seems like it may be ever so slightly louder and the gas mileage will be seen after a couple fillups. If nothing else, I definitely think it looks better without it at least.

This coming weekend I will be doing a full exterior detail (wash, clay bar and Mother's 3 Step Wax) on my mom's Vibe and doing full interior details on both Vibes. I am also hoping to get a few smaller projects done. I'm going to paint the bright yellow handle on the engine oil dipsticks black and possibly paint the engine covers black as well, in addition to adding the new metallic Grafx Werks engine cover overlays I've had lying around forever.
MrManager

Post by MrManager »

changed out the air filter, needed it badly.

2009 Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Yesterday I did a full exterior detail on my mom's Vibe. It practically looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :cool:! Speaking of showroom floor... 6 years ago today was when my mom brought her Vibe home from the dealer!
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

vibenvy wrote:Finally got around to better hiding the ballasts, igniters and wiring for the low beam HIDs on my mom's Vibe today.
I also made a couple small changes to the engine bay of my Vibe. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow morning...
you forgot about these pics ;)
was thinking about how to hide/place mine
GOF

Post by GOF »

Today I got around to installing the remote start. With the information here and a bit of prior experience it wasn't too bad. Finding a pinout of the ecm would have been helpful. Bu I pushed on and got it done.

Yesterday I put on front brakes. Drilled rotors and ceramic pads from ebay.
Last edited by GOF on Sun May 24, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

I got the roof rack removed from an 09 (posted pics)
Did the sea foam deep creep spray in the throttle body, and clean it out, along with white smoke bomb
Pressured washed and degreased the engine, and took stock of rusted parts that needed some cleanup/replacment

Started modding the rear light fixture for leds....
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

ctgottapee wrote:you forgot about these pics ;)
was thinking about how to hide/place mine
I didn't take any of the ballasts and all. Basically all I did was cut away some of the electrical tape that was wrapped around all the factory wiring so I could reach the wiring further to better hide the ballasts and igniters. I used 3M double sided moulding tape (by the body work products in the automotive section of Walmart) to stick the ballasts and igniters to the inside of the fenders behind the black plastic trim pieces and than used some new wire loom and electrical tape to hide the wiring as well as possible. Everything is pretty well hidden when looking into the engine compartment, so I'm happy with it. If nothing else, I can show you at the meet in Pontiac ;).
trb

Post by trb »

I finally got a chance to install a set of Energy Suspension motor mount inserts on my 03 GT. WHAT a difference! After I changed the clutch, I replaced the rear mount since it was cracked, but I still had quite a bit of wheel hop when shifting in lift, and torque steer when getting on and off the throttle at high rpms. I only ran it for a couple of minutes in our deluge of rain today, but it feels so much better. Still a bit of wheel hop at full throttle shifts, :D but very little torque steer. The dry weather performance will hopefully be much better too.

I ended up removing the rear mount again to clean it up and try to make the inserts fit. I ended up filing down the rubber on the mount and then used a grinder to cut down the outside edge of the inserts about 1/8" - 3/16" so that it would easily slip into the metal mounts on the engine block. Took a bit of wrangling and trial fitting, but I got it done after a couple of hours of work.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001 ... ge_o03_s00

Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

This weekend while I was home in Wisconsin, my dad and I replace my '09 GT's sparkplugs, they were the originals that were in there. I did notice a bit better mpg and pep to the engine with the new plugs in there. Image
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Dairgo wrote:I replace my '09 GT's sparkplugs, they were the originals that were in there
Just curious as to the mileage you got out of these!

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Changed my rear right wheel bearing in about five minutes, and did an oil change. For a previous weekend I retrofit a set of lights for a Rvaworm.
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Those were pulled at 110k miles.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I finally got around to doing a full interior detail on my mom's Vibe today:
- Cleaned all the windows with a microfiber towel and Stoner's Invisible Glass.
- Wiped down the dash, door panels, center console, etc. with a microfiber towel and Mother's Interior Protectant (went over everything with a dry microfiber towel to avoid a super shiny interior).
- Wiped down all the "leather" on the seats and door panels with a microfiber towel and Mother's VLR (vinyl, leather, rubber) (again, went over everything with a dry microfiber towel to avoid a super shiny interior).
- Used clear packaging tape to get all the dog hair off the carpet and cloth on the seats.
- Used my Bissell Little Green Machine on the carpet and cloth on the seats.
- Removed all the plastic pieces in the cargo area and the bottom rear seat cushion, vaccummed underneath everything and than wiped it all down with a wet rag. Also, aired the spare tire up to 60 PSI (it was only down to 58) while I had it out.
- Scrubbed the floor and cargo mats with a couple different brushes and WeatherTech TechCare Floor Mat & Floor Liner Cleaner, rinsed them off really well and hung them up to air dry outside.

I think that pretty much covers everything. Our interiors don't ever really get super dirty, but it definitely needed a more detailed detail :P. The interior now looks showroom new :cool:!

I am working a half day tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get my interior done tomorrow after work because it really needs it (a couple weekends in a row of hauling the dogs around and it hasn't even been vaccummed because I've been lazy :()!

On a bit of a side note, yesterday my parents and I took a little road trip to the WeatherTech Factory Store in Bolingbrook, IL. I had to go back to exchange the TechShade windshield sun shade I had gotten a little over a month ago. I didn't pay attention until I got home that they had given me the one for a 2003-2008 Vibe, even though I had told the girl who helped me I had a 2009 (she must have mis-heard me or something). I tried it out and although it fit, it didn't really fit too well, so I decided when I had a chance, I'd go back down there and exchange it. I walked in yesterday morning and was helped within a couple minutes (it wasn't super busy like the last time I was in there). The woman who was helping me was very apologetic and even offered me something for free for the inconvenience of having to go all the way back there from Sandwich (an hour or less drive). She mentioned perhaps I'd like a free license plate frame (These are not cheesy plastic ones. They're metal and cost $24.95 - $29.95.) or some of their TechCare cleaning products (Again, this stuff is not cheap!). I politely declined and told her that I appreciated the offer, but it was my fault for not paying more attention before I left the store. Within about 10 minutes, I had the correct TechShade for 2009-2010 Vibes (#TS0436) and we were on our way back home. When we got home, I test fitted it. This one definitely fits much better and is significantly smaller than the 2003-2008 Vibe one which I found kind of interesting. I just can't say enough positive things about WeatherTech. Their customer service is above and beyond any other company I've ever dealt with. I recommend anyone considering getting any of their products go ahead and purchase whatever you're looking at because they will be there to help you with any questions, concerns, issues, etc. I wish I lived closer, so I could get a job there. I imagine WeatherTech is an absolutely amazing company to work for. And if you live in the Chicagoland area or are ever passing through, I highly recommend dropping by their factory store in Bolingbrook, it's a really awesome place!

And two more things... first, yesterday evening my mom and I were in my Vibe heading to Walmart and Aldi to go grocery shopping. We were stopped at a red light and there was a 2003-2004 two tone silver Vibe behind us (I see this one all the time because the guy that owns it works at a restaurant in downtown Sandwich). It was a guy who looked to be in his 20s driving and a girl who also looked to be in her 20s in the front passenger seat. I was looking in the rear view mirror and noticed the guy was pointing at something on the back of my Vibe (I'm assuming either the license plate or the GV decal). I started laughing and said to my mom maybe he'll sign up on GenVibe :P! Second, a little while later, we were heading from a second Aldi back to Walmart and we ended up a few cars behind a 2nd gen black Vibe GT. I was hoping to get up next to them when the road turned to four lanes, but unfortunately they turned off before that happened :(.

I guess that's more than enough of my Vibe "novel" :lol:!
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

This weekend while I was home in Wisconsin, my dad and I replace my '09 GT's sparkplugs, they were the originals that were in there, with 110k miles on them. I did notice a bit better mpg and pep to the engine with the new plugs in there. Image
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Waxed the old girl up! As usual, she looks good at 50 paces... Full interior detailing too, complete with me dragging out my carpet shampooer.

Used some EagleOne trim shine spray gel I found for a couple bucks at Ollie's (a chain of closeout type places) so it's discontinued from what I can gather. Which is a shame as out of the various products I've tried on the cladding it's been one of the best and actually stays looking decent for a while.

Just don't look at the hood, roof or front bumper too close. Where the paint isn't flaking off the clearcoat is bubbling up and peeling off. And check out those roof rack crossbars!

It is in dire need of a repaint but that will have to wait, unfortunately. The good thing is it doesn't have to be pretty at this point, it just needs to get us around when we don't want to drive the nicer cars. :lol:

Image Image
MrManager

Post by MrManager »

Cleaned the inside out. the outside got a bath (it started to rain very much) and filled up.

I'm actually blown away and trying to figure out how I got the mileage for this last tank. I got 29.4 MPG city driving. Any highway I do is for an exit or two, but anything else is around town.
2009 Vibe GT
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Today: New wiper blades. Wow. :lol:

Image Image
trb

Post by trb »

I washed the 03 GT tonight, since there is a chance of sun for the next several days! :lol: Now it looks almost as good as yours, Colonel. I used the Mother's Back to Black on the cladding. I even cleaned up the "overspray" (overroller??? since I used a foam roller?) on my roof rails from when I painted the roof Rustoleum satin black to cover up the peeled clear coat. And I reinstalled the roof rack cross bars. Now I just need to find another passenger side front cap. Maybe this week I can swing by the salvage yard by work since I know they have a couple of Vibes.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

Cleaned my throttle body and checked the air filter and cabin air filter.
Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

Washed it and then checked the tire pressure. Going to reward it tmrw and clay bar, polish and wax it. I love this car I have owned a 2005 ford expedition, 2007 pontiac grand prix, a 2013 ford raptor, a 2012 ford f250 super duty, a 2012 ford fusion, a 2008 chevy Tahoe and a 2008 chevy k3500 drama and this is definitely in the top three and for the price definitely this.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

At 105000 miles I changed the spark plugs in my 05 base Vibe. Out with the original Denso's - in with the NGK's. The first thing I noticed: it starts quicker and I feel less vibration in the steering wheel and under my feet.
The third coil on plug wasn't cooperating. I pried on it and broke the plastic. There was also a little bit of oil which indicates I need to change the valve cover gasket eventually.

Vibe spark plugs 001 - small.jpg
Vibe spark plugs 001 - small.jpg (79.41 KiB) Viewed 47998 times
The gap gets larger over time.
Attachments
Vibe spark plugs close-up.jpg
Vibe spark plugs close-up.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 47998 times
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I'm sure it's happy for the new plugs! Getting ready to do that myself. I have 2 years and about three thousand more miles than yours, it's past time I think... I have a set of Densos ready to go in.

DId your plugs break loose without any hassle? I'm wondering if I should spray a shot of something down there overnight before trying to break these things loose given the length of time they've been in there.

Image Image
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

My plugs came loose without a problem. I did it when the engine was cold. I put a dab of anti-seize compound on each new plug.
I just learned that you should remove the bolts or nuts that hold the wiring to the valve cover to give the CoP's more wiggle room.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

I put it up on the lift hoping it was just the linkage and not the gear inside the gearbox but I didn't get lucky.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Finally got around to getting the new rim/tire mounted and installed. It also REALLY needed a front end alignment. Nothing bent or damaged, it was just severely out of alignment from the impact of hitting the curb. Now just some TLC before the road trip to Pontiac next weekend :D

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I just finished detailing the interior of my Vibe in preperation for the meet in Pontiac next weekend. I'll be washing it Wednesday after work. Thursday after work I'll get it all packed up and ready to head to Pontiac after work Friday.

I also ended up re-installing the heat shield for the intake. It didn't seem to make any difference in the sound of the engine or MPGs and even though I don't exactly care for the look of the heat shield, I really didn't care for the excessive amount of engine you could see without it installed, so back on it went :|.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my Vibe turned over 59,000 miles yesterday!
Last edited by vibenvy on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The usual weekend checks - obsessing over fluid levels, tire pressure, etc. Pulled the engine cover and cleaned up around the coils in preparation of replacing the plugs sometime in the near future.

Finally installed that new PCV valve I've had laying around for months. Miraculously AutoZone gave me the correct one on the first try (granted it was the ONLY one they stocked at my local store, P/N PCV1112DL.) Old one still was rattling away just fine. Almost 109k on it, here's what it looked like:

I'm slowly getting through that to-do list. :lol: The aforementioned plugs, another transmission pan dump, intake gasket, timing chain tensioner and belt/tensioner need to be done at some point soon.

Image Image
ctgottapee

Post by ctgottapee »

ColonelPanic wrote:The usual weekend checks - obsessing over fluid levels, tire pressure, etc. Pulled the engine cover and cleaned up around the coils in preparation of replacing the plugs sometime in the near future.

I'm slowly getting through that to-do list. :lol: The aforementioned plugs, another transmission pan dump, intake gasket, timing chain tensioner and belt/tensioner need to be done at some point soon.
If you are going to dump the trans pan, you might as well take it off, clean up the magnets inside, and replace the filter while you are at it.
Access is easy, and the filter is a gasket so it falls right off easy, no prob putting up new one. Only gotcha might be if you don't have a torque wrench as trans pans can easily be over tightened.

How do you know the intake gasket needs replacing??
trb

Post by trb »

Happy day! I found a Vibe at my local Pick a Part yard! It is a 2005 base, and I got the roof rack cover I needed and some replacement window struts. Of course it was raining, so I didn't really get a chance to look at it a lot, but I'll be going back again since I remembered some more things I needed after I left.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

ctgottapee wrote: How do you know the intake gasket needs replacing??
Technically, I do not have all the evidence so it's just me taking a shot in the dark and throwing cheap parts at it to see what helps. This car wants to run away from you in below freezing temperatures until the engine warms up. It can't figure out if it wants to idle at 700 RPM or 2500+.

The original design (black in color) intake gaskets on the 1ZZ had design issues and in freezing temperatures resulted in idle surging and lean codes (which thus far I do not have the latter.) Toyota redesigned those gaskets with a new and improved orange one. Hopefully it helps, but I won't know until winter as it idles perfectly fine right now.

Image Image
RadioFreeVibe

Post by RadioFreeVibe »

On the weekend I went to Toyota and got two rubber wiper blade inserts, so no streaks when it rains. If you have original Vibe (or Matrix) wipers, you can just buy the rubber blade insert-refills for cheap.

Part number 85214-02150 Refill, wiper (Left side)
Part number 85214-12310 Refill, wiper (Rear)
2005 AWD Vibe "Clementine" 117,000 km
oem crossbars * f/t power point * fog lights mod
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

During the 2015 GenVibe meet my console hinge started working poorly. Took it apart today and found a dime wedged in there... that'll do it.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

New rear wiper blade today... I usually go to the Toyota dealer for a new unit but decided to go elsewhere for the sake of convenience. I've never tried just refilling the existing Toyota one, I might just do that for next time.

This time I opted for the Trico ExactFit 11-A, fits perfect.

I'd say the old one was toast... :lol: Probably ~3 years old

Image Image
Nathankenney94

Post by Nathankenney94 »

I washed mine and did a polish and wax on it she looks pretty good.

GOF

Post by GOF »

So today I rotated the tires, painted the steel wheels, and installed some cheap black wheel covers. Nothing special. But I think it looks better.

ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Last Sunday, 6/28, replaced spark plugs (NGK Iridium), changed engine oil (Mobil 1 plus Moly Disulfide powder), cleaned MAF, and vacuumed the engine bay and air filter (too many maple seeds this year!)

Mileage: 90,910
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

109,333 miles and closing in on 13 years. :shock:

Out with the OEM NGK's, in with the OEM spec Densos. Must have been a flip a coin thing during assembly, my old VIbe originally came with the same Densos I just put in this one.

Those suckers were in there TIGHT, especially the one in #1. Just took my time getting them out.

It wasn't running terrible before and fuel economy was great. Haven't noticed much of a difference really. But glad that those are finally out and next time I won't be waiting so long to change them. :lol:

Image Image
trb

Post by trb »

Installed a new Genvibe sticker, courtesy of SlammedNiss on here. :D

Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"