What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
ponta2147

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by ponta2147 »

Tried the headunit install again. Still the same problem of not getting the steering wheel controls to work, and still have to try to hook up the aftermarket XM that's compatible with that unit. OnStar, CD, FM, etc. all work fine. I assume Bluetooth works again as well but haven't re-tested it. *sigh* I kind of just want to give up and either pay someone to install it (maybe?) or just not bother. :(
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Changed Oil and filter Mobile 5w-30, Fram TG. Removed SRI and installed TRD SC Intake...less noise...less power??? Install boost Sensor and Gauge. Will relocate on the steering column with the with wideband.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Finally got around to ordering my Meguiars car care supplies. Lots of goodies so I can finally get my fleet of Pontiacs looking good :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

tpollauf wrote:Finally got around to ordering my Meguiars car care supplies. Lots of goodies so I can finally get my fleet of Pontiacs looking good :D
What'd you order???
2003 Pontiac Vibe. AWD, Shadow, Monotone. Moons & Tunes. 16" Konig Zero-In wheels. (My Garage)
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Salsa Guy wrote:Changed Oil and filter Mobile 5w-30, Fram TG. Removed SRI and installed TRD SC Intake...less noise...less power??? Install boost Sensor and Gauge. Will relocate on the steering column with the with wideband.
Hoping for pics!
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Vaggeto wrote: What'd you order???

Well seeing how I'm not exactly a young pup anymore, and not into all that manual labor when it comes to waxing, I'm going to give the MEG 110V2 Dual Action polisher a try and will be using both G19216 Ultimate polish along with G12718 NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. While shopping I also added some pads, microfiber towels, and a can of G18010 Clear coat safe rubbing compound. Junior's Blue Vibe Gt sits outdoors all the time and will need the most attention. His will be the "guinea pig" or starter vehicle. Being the darkest color of our fleet, I should see immediate results if I'm careful and sucessful :D

MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Put some LED's in the dome lights, following KITT222's guide. Right now I've got two 12-LED ones in the front dome light and one in the back (Waiting for the last one to arrive in the mail). Pics tonight.
Picture:
Last edited by MrHatchWagon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Headunit is installed and steering wheel controls work! Yay hooray! Gotta love shops that will help me out. :D

Issues still to work out:
- They forgot to install the mic. Oops, oh well it was a rush job. Taking it back in tomorrow afternoon for free.
- Fairly loud hiss. Going to check out some stuff recommended on the FB page.
- OnStar is like, really freaking loud. The "tap to ground this wire and make it softer" thing never seemed to work when I did it myself, so who knows.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

I fixed a rattle. In the liner, above my head, just in front of the moon roof, there was this rattle that would not quit when the sun visor would open. Except: if I pulled down on the edge of the moon roof opening the rattle would go away. This led to my repair job:

This is a pretty technical fix, so read carefully.

1. I acquired a sheet of Reynolds mediaum duty standard kitchen aluminum foil
2. I folded previously acquired foil sheet into roughly a wedge shape.
3. with my left hand, I pulled down on the roof at the moonroof edge with a fair percentage of my body weight (roughly 57%)
4. while ranging from roof liner I used my right hand to mash that foil wedge deep into the roof gap.
5. After releasing 100% of my body weight from the roof, I tested both the moon roof and sun shade would successfully open & close.
6. drove car, rattle gone.

1 minute & $0.03 fix for a problem that has bugged me for like 5 years.

PS. I also got a set of black Montegi 7 spoke racing wheels with some Hankook RS3s to autocross on. Sweet!
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

cieglo wrote:

Awesome :lol: Better hope the GM execs don't catch wind of this detailed technical fix or they may recruit you to work for them :o Isn't it amazing what wesometimes put up with because we never find the time to address these "simple" fixes! Bet your glad it's finally over with ;)

BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

cieglo wrote:I fixed a rattle. In the liner, above my head, just in front of the moon roof, there was this rattle that would not quit when the sun visor would open. Except: if I pulled down on the edge of the moon roof opening the rattle would go away. This led to my repair job:

1. I acquired a sheet of Reynolds mediaum duty standard kitchen aluminum foil
2. I folded previously acquired foil sheet into roughly a wedge shape.
3. with my left hand, I pulled down on the roof at the moonroof edge with a fair percentage of my body weight (roughly 57%)
4. while ranging from roof liner I used my right hand to mash that foil wedge deep into the roof gap.
5. After releasing 100% of my body weight from the roof, I tested both the moon roof and sun shade would successfully open & close.
6. drove car, rattle gone.

1 minute & $0.03 fix for a problem that has bugged me for like 5 years.

PS. I also got a set of black Montegi 7 spoke racing wheels with some Hankook RS3s to autocross on. Sweet!
What.....no pics of your How-To? ;)
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

MrHatchWagon wrote:Put some LED's in the dome lights, following KITT222's guide. Right now I've got two 12-LED ones in the front dome light and one in the back (Waiting for the last one to arrive in the mail). Pics tonight.
Picture:
Nice!

I went with 36 led SMDs. I'm guessing in the end they'll be a similar brightness. Just going to start with 1 in each dome light.
2003 Pontiac Vibe. AWD, Shadow, Monotone. Moons & Tunes. 16" Konig Zero-In wheels. (My Garage)
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Thanks, I imagine yours will be plenty bright with just one 36-SMD ones. Can't wait to see the result!
I went ahead and ordered some 30cm LED strips in red for my footwells, my subwoofer stuff is in and awaiting installation :D
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Had my front stabilizer links replaced today. The driver's side was knocking pretty bad and had a lot of play. There was a lot of pulsing when braking, also. Now, knocking is gone and no pulsing while braking. Feels and sounds soooo nice! :)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Had my battery replaced.

Last night I noticed all kinds of funky things going on. One click on the keyfob had the locks "locking" several times in a row; no flashing hazards either. Unlocking didn't turn on the dome lights. I figured this is what it was. All is well now!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Having a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler (again because I loved the sound) and My PLX Wideband O2 bung welded on right now. 8-)

EDIT: Ahhhhhh! The nice smooth "glubglubglubglub" sound of the DynoMax Super Turbo is like music to my ears!! :)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

Thrashed my GT oman autocross course today.
Love my new black Montevideo wheels.
Love my Hankook RS3s.
dislike my lack of driving ability.

If you live in north Ohio, join me between the cones at: http://noraracing.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibe GT '03, Lava Red 2-tone, 16" wheels, Moon'n'Tunes, Injen CAI, ACT clutch, vented rotors, Tein coil- overs, Grafxwerks decals, lead foot on the gas and white-knuckled fist on the stick & Hankook RS-3 for AutoX http://noraracing.net/
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

BlueCrush wrote:Having a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler (again because I loved the sound) and My PLX Wideband O2 bung welded on right now. 8-)

EDIT: Ahhhhhh! The nice smooth "glubglubglubglub" sound of the DynoMax Super Turbo is like music to my ears!! :)
Make a video of it. I'd love to hear the noise!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Got the interior cleaned... about to start the 2,500+ mile trip spanning the next three weeks tomorrow morning!

Chicago, IL > Dayton, OH > Washington, DC > Boston, MA > Washington, DC (again) > Erie, PA > Chicago, IL

Question: I've only got about 1500 miles until I am scheduled for another oil change. I suppose I'll have to spring for getting one done sometime over the course of this trip? Sad, I usually get them free at the dealer but didn't have time to get over there this week.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

ponta2147 wrote:Got the interior cleaned... about to start the 2,500+ mile trip spanning the next three weeks tomorrow morning!

Chicago, IL > Dayton, OH > Washington, DC > Boston, MA > Washington, DC (again) > Erie, PA > Chicago, IL

Question: I've only got about 1500 miles until I am scheduled for another oil change. I suppose I'll have to spring for getting one done sometime over the course of this trip? Sad, I usually get them free at the dealer but didn't have time to get over there this week.
If the timing works out I'm sure that a few of us would love to help you change your oil in Erie.

I got all the wires run throughout my car for my rear fog light project. I have the Superflux lights on my desk. When the bumper gets replaced (probably next week) I'll put them into my reverse light housings. The wire to the rear goes from under the spare tire compartment, under the back seat, and under the plastic kick guards, up to the empty notch in my accessories panel. I ran a new positive wire and reused a ground from a failed experiment. Tomorrow I get the connectors I'll be using for the rear of the car. I'm getting excited for this!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

ponta2147 wrote:Got the interior cleaned... about to start the 2,500+ mile trip spanning the next three weeks tomorrow morning!

If you're running synthetic, pushing another 1000 highway miles won't hurt much. Assuming you're doing 5000 mile change intervals.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

Changed the water pump, fluid, thermostat and hoses. The pump was starting to leak so thought I would change everything, hoping to get another 120,000 miles out of them.
Replaced the intake manifold gasket, cleaned throttle body and MAF.
Washed it.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

KITT222 wrote:
BlueCrush wrote:Having a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler (again because I loved the sound) and My PLX Wideband O2 bung welded on right now. 8-)

Make a video of it. I'd love to hear the noise!
I'm planning on it, Nick. I'll try and get one this week. :)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
dmottv

Post by dmottv »

I've only had this car for a couple of weeks now and have put on over 1000 miles. My commute of 110 mpd and the running around to get the car registered, inspected, etc., are behind the mileage.
The first thing I did was to get the oil changed (po was doing it every 3k+/-, keeping track with the trip meter B setting).
Second, was new tires on the front. My mechanic and I went to Sam's Club and picked up BFG Touring TA 205/60/16 M&S 60k tires for about $85 each. The local Tire Warehouse wouldn't upgrade the tire size to the 60 series for just the front two (though they'd be glad to sell me four!) so I actually saved money by getting them at SC and mounted independently. The tires are a slight bit taller and narrower, and less expensive than the spec'd 55 series. The speedometer changed by about 1 mph according to the gps. I'll add two more to the rear in the fall.
Third, cleaning supplies. The po was a smoker, and my wife and I are not, so a good interior cleaning was in order.
Fourth, genuine sheepskin seat covers. I found a good deal at VIP for about $39 each, dark grey looks good with the black interior. I've found that genuine sheepskin keeps you cool when it's warm, and warm when it's cool, and I've used the Alaska sheepskin seatpads for years on long distance motorcycle rides to extend the day another couple of hundred miles.
Fifth, I found Mossy Oak bullet floor mats on sale at K-Mart, both front and rear. After all, it's gotta get some respect at hunting camp in the fall...!

Future additions: I had ordered the center console extended lid, but what was delivered was just the regular lid, so I returned it. They couldn't help me without a Toyota VIN number, so I'll try again with another vendor, or reorder using the part number as found on this forum.

The radio has the left hand lights out, as I discovered is a common problem. They were out on the two others I took for test rides as well. I'm thinking I'll put another radio in at some point, perhaps with mp3 and cell phone hands free support, but for now I have my fave radio stations programmed in and the oem otherwise works fine.

I'm looking for some kind of mat for the rear to keep stuff from sliding around on the hard plastic floor. I don't know if I'm going to put carpet in, or go with a rubber mat. I've already transported my lawn mower, weed wacker, and other yard work stuff in the back to help my elderly Mom keep up with her yard. My mechanic's observation was that I had purchased a nice pickup! We're off to a good start...
'09 AWD 2.4 "Mystique"
'O5 AWD "Grey Fox"
'05 FWD "Silver Surfer"
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Today, with the help of my dad, I finished my sound system install. This includes a subwoofer and amp, and I love it!

And a short video of what happens to my rear-view mirror when I turn up the volume: (Excuse the sound quality, my cell phone's camera doesn't take well to bass)
http://youtu.be/fdnVvO5RA5Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

This weekend's vibe work:
PCV valve replaced (easy)
Throttle body cleaned (it wasn't really that bad, but I've been hitting seafoam and Lucas gas treatments hard lately)
Oil Control valve filter replaced: replaced (do not take this task on lightly. Nothing hard about it, but:...)
Cleaned MAF sensor. (super easy)
Serpentine belt replaced. Why? Becasue to get to OCV filter I had to rotate alternator out of the way. To do that I had to slip the belt , rolling alternator fwd to roll it back to give me room to get forceps into the hole to remove the OCVF and get the new one in. To do that I had to raid a neighbor's toolbox and pey him in beer to get a 19mm (or 18mm? i forget) 6-point socket with a 3' pipe to pull down on the tensioner to remove & replace that belt. Why are simple things so difficult?

Did any of this help engine performance? nope. It still gurgles and bogs down at the low end when it is cold. Time for a tune-up maybe?

Then, on Sunday I took it autocrossing. If you have never done it, look up Solo autocross clubs and events on the SCCA website and give it a shot. Vibes suck at it, but it feels fun slinging a wagon around those courses.

Then I started looking for an engine controller. I guy I race with in his Honda S2000 with a VTEC engine - which also has a lift that operates at 6200RPM when the engine is warm - he put an S-AFC controller on and reduced his lift point to 4200RPM! I want that so bad! I'm looking at the Camcon controller. Has anyone done this on a GT and gotten good results?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

cieglo wrote:Then, on Sunday I took it autocrossing. If you have never done it, look up Solo autocross clubs and events on the SCCA website and give it a shot. Vibes suck at it, but it feels fun slinging a wagon around those courses.

Then I started looking for an engine controller. I guy I race with in his Honda S2000 with a VTEC engine - which also has a lift that operates at 6200RPM when the engine is warm - he put an S-AFC controller on and reduced his lift point to 4200RPM! I want that so bad! I'm looking at the Camcon controller. Has anyone done this on a GT and gotten good results?
There are no lift controllers, per se, for the 2ZZ. Camcon does not control lift. It only adjusts the intake cam degree timing and A/F( over 4K rpm). Someone on MO tried to create their own lift controller, but I never heard on the results of it. I do think the Hydra EMS and the Apexi PFC can adjust lift but there are no set-ups made for the Vibe/Matrix. Not sure if the Apexi PFC for the Celica GTS would work or not. But they're not cheap.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Had the front brakes replaced on Junior's Vibe GT. We've had this car for exactly 15 months and only put 7000 miles on it (now @ 42K). The prior owner really abused this car and probably had numerous hard stops & starts which damaged the front rotors. They too needed to be replaced. The rears are still fine. This is the first major work done to this (if you want to call it that) since the car was built. We're set for quite a while now :D

star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Went 18 days between gas stops!!! Probably the least I've driven the car ever.... Mind you, I did put about 5000kms on the Bike in that time...
cieglo

Post by cieglo »

BlueCrush wrote:There are no lift controllers, per se, for the 2ZZ. Camcon does not control lift.
That's what I'm finding out as I waste my work day searching for engine controllers. And like you say, the controllers out there are fairly pricey.
Oh well. I'll just have to learn to drive my car as it is :(
Of replace my engine with a souped-up Honda VTEC :D
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Installed red LED footwell lighting, cost me like $17 shipped from the UK and I wired it with a switch.

It consists of two strategically-placed 30cm LED strips. The power comes from a mini fuse tap plugged into the CIG fuse's slot, goes into the switch, and is divided between the strip in either footwell. For a ground, I tapped the White/Black wire behind the power inverter's switch, because it was easily accessible and easy to pass my wires behind the dash. Switch is to the left of the steering wheel, above the little change drawer, inserted into one of those blank switch plates.

I'll post pictures when the sun goes down. :)
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

I know the thread is what did you do to your vibe today, but it was more like what did you do to your vibe this week.

So

I Changed the spark plugs

Repainted my rusty undercar cross brace with por15

Finally installed the oil catch can i bought over a year ago. Hopefully once it gets a little dirty it will blend in more.

I re-lubed my brakes because they were squeaking a bit.

Changed the front axles because they were clicking and dragging a bit.

I installed some energy suspension engine mount inserts. I've read in other threads that it shakes at idle more (which it does) but that it settles a bit after a few weeks. But definitely an improvement. The car no longer jumps forward whenever you drive from a stop, or when it kicks down on the highway. They took about 3 hours to install by myself. Sorry no pixs though.

Clean my Throttle body and MAF sensor.

And lastly while I changed the transmission fluid. I Installed a transmission oil cooler with a inline screw on filter.

It took from Monday to Thursday to finish but that was between a few other projects and time waiting for the energy suspension inserts to arrive and half a day running around looking for the cooler, filter and fittings. If I had them earlier I probably would have been done by Wednesday.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Changed the oil and shot some grease into the shift linkages on top of the transmission! No more squeaky!!!
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Full exterior clean and detail (It's about time! It rained for almost two weeks, and I couldn't get it done... she was a dirty girl!). Tried out my new Meguiars tire shine gel and was quite satisfied with the results. I'm hesitant about using petroleum-based tire shines, but the gel has gotten really good reviews and I couldn't find anything water-based. It started raining as I finished up, so I'll save the interior for tomorrow.

And as promised, my red LED footwell lights:
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

There's a nail in the left rear :? For now it's just a slow leak.

The tire itself is at the wearbars, not going to bother getting it patched. I had planned (have been) pushing back getting new tires... looks like I know where my next paycheque is going....
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

PCV valve changed! The first part they gave me was the right box with the wrong part...oops. Here's a comparison of the old one to the new (wrong) part. I didn't take a picture of the old with the new (correct) one because that time it the old one was too hot to touch.
Attachments
0703121820-00.jpg
0703121820-00.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
0703121820-02.jpg
0703121820-02.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

And changed oil/filter today. Did Pennzoil synthetic oil and a K&N oil filter. I then vacuumed the inside with Dad's shop's shopvac and now the interior just about looks new...except for all the crud I still couldn't get out of the carpet. Did better than our vacuum, at least.

Next, I plan to wipe down the outside and inside, then take a peak at the VVT oil filter.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

The weather finally cooled down to a bearable temperature this evening so I washed my Vibe for the first time in I don't know how long :oops:. It was really nasty :(. I also topped off the windshield washer fluid, aired up the tires (they were all at 30 PSI) and the spare (it was at 58 PSI) and checked the lug nuts and wheel locks to make sure they were tight.

Tomorrow morning I will be cleaning the interior and getting gas for the first time in 3 weeks! Tomorrow evening I will be meeting up with Wingnut, KITT222 and hopefully ponta2147 for some dinner, Vibe talk and pictures.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Got a couple things done today:

1) New 64 bit HID system installed
2) PLX Wideband installed
3) New DynoTune Boost Gauge installed
4) Hidden Hitch installed
5) Front Mud Flaps installed
6) License Plate LEDs installed
7) Dome Light LEDs installed
8) Found an exhaust leak :(
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

OCV filter and timing OCV assembly cleaned (with a neighbor's help on removal), examined a spark plug (with my parents' neighbor again) and judged it (and the others) to be in good shape.

Both the OCV filter and timing OCV assembly were honestly pretty clean, but I cleaned them with some gasoline anyway.
biodieselrabbit

Post by biodieselrabbit »

Front brake job including new pads and greasing of slide pins. Rotors looked good so I did not touch them.
2003 Pontiac Vibe
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Stock AC Delco battery finally lost its 12V capacity (likely due to the heat and from old age).

Picked up a Kirkland Signature group 35 100 month battery at Costco as a replacement for < $65.

Spec is better than stock with 800 cranking amps (640 CCA) and 36 month exchange warranty (prorated afterwards up to 100 months).
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

One snip and the DRLs are gone! :)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
johnz

Post by johnz »

have about 93k miles on my vibe so I decided to change the manual trans oil, helping my mom put a new timing belt on her honda next weekend, so glad vibes use chains!
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

New cats last week, then I discovered an exhaust leak between header and cat because the threads on the header were basically non existant so only one of the two bolts was able to hold on. So I fixed that with a dc sports header. Exhaust sounds great again with no leaks. Of course my cel pops on after all this. Bad #2 o2 sensor, something to do with the heater circuit. Hopefully I can get that fixed after work tomorrow and it Will solve my problems.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

New tires yesterday. Exact same as what I had before.

Last edited by star_deceiver on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Replaced the recirculation solenoid to get rid of that annoying clicking noise, thanks to GenVibe once again!! :)

(also, installed a Bellon Voltage Stabilizer)
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

3rd time since I bought the car that I've gone 800+ kms on a tank!!!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Friday July 13th - Went & got my 2013 registration sticker at the DMV. Came home, removed the rear license plate, pulled the old sticker off in one piece (even though according to the Illinois Secretary of State it can't be removed without being destroyed :D), cleaned the adhesive residue off with WD40 and then cleaned the plate with Stoner's Invisible Glass before putting the new sticker on and re-installing the plate.

Friday July 20th - Detailed the interior of my mom's Vibe and then washed it. Also, topped off the windshield washer fluid and pumped all 4 tires up to 32 PSI (all 4 were at 29.5 PSI).

Saturday July 21st - Checked the lug nuts and wheel locks. Pumped up the spare to 60 PSI (it was at 56 PSI). Wiped down the tires and the wheel wells with some awesome Mother's tire product that makes everything nice and black, but not super shiny.

Also took my mom's Vibe on a trip to Elmhurst, Illinois yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed cruising at 55 mph the entire way there and back while getting passed by everyone on I 88 :twisted:! On our way home, the Vibe turned over 32,000 miles.

I also added a co-pilot to my Vibe yesterday... a little Hematite (gunmetal colored stone) skull hanging from the rearview mirror :)!

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

My Vibe turned over 32,000 miles today on my way home from work!