What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Houston

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by Houston »

I really put myself out by getting out of this chair and walking all the way to the garage to check my Vibe's odometer and learning I've driven 7,304 miles since getting it on May 21, 2009. At that time I sold my 2003 Vibe to my sister and that Vibe now has 27,853 mile on it. She has driven less than 2,400 miles in almost three years. Both Vibes still look and drive like new. Do I need to say we don't have lives?
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
crazytrain

Post by crazytrain »

I am finally in the mood to wash & wax my Vibe today, but it's raining. Such is my life :roll:
2006 Stealth Vibe <-- Current
2010 Subaru Forester <-- Wife's Current
I miss my 1992 Saturn SC2 - drove it for 12 years
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

acvw74 wrote:Well maybe my terminology is quite right...I was talking about all the little nick in the paint from rocks and debris that we pick up as we drive...I went to Advanced Auto and picked up a small bottle of the color match paint.
ohhh... touched it up is probably the perfect description then. You just said it so casually that I thought it might have meant something else or maybe there was another way to fix that issue. I have a few myself that I would love to touchup.
2003 Pontiac Vibe. AWD, Shadow, Monotone. Moons & Tunes. 16" Konig Zero-In wheels. (My Garage)
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

[quote="Vaggeto"]Today (Or yesterday) I changed my rear axle seals! $20 in parts (2 seals) and a bit of gl-5 oil. Quoted at $650 from the dealer!

And today I took one rear axle out again and try and fix one side that was still slightly leaking. Went much faster this time!
Attachments
IMAG0628.jpg
IMAG0628.jpg (50.93 KiB) Viewed 8855 times
Last edited by Vaggeto on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Pontiac Vibe. AWD, Shadow, Monotone. Moons & Tunes. 16" Konig Zero-In wheels. (My Garage)
trb

Post by trb »

I washed it, well, had my daughter's classmates wash it actually! :D They had a fundraiser for their prom, so I had to let them wash the cars for us. It was not quite as dirty as star_deciever's, but it was getting pretty close. It actually shines now. And of course, now it looks like rain today. :(
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
BC123

Post by BC123 »

Washed it, pulled it in the garage where it immediately started to rain. You're welcome.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Got a shipment:
brakes.jpg
brakes.jpg (159.36 KiB) Viewed 8839 times
First new set of pads and discs since buying the car in 2006. I almost tracked down and purchased all OEM, simply based on the fact that the originals nearly made it to 75K. And that's with all city driving in the last 5 years. Damn good if you ask me. Now if the weather would clear up and I can put everything on... probably a Saturday job. ;)
Steelies to the rescue.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Adjusted the throttle to get rid of cable play. You can keep your stinkin' electronic throttles! I love my cable.

But how can it get even tighter?

I also reattached my CAI to the throttle body. One of the clamps got loose, and yesterday I started to get an odd/high idle. Simple fix!
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

Monday: Tires rotated, wheel alignment, car wash and major cleanup of all door jambs etc and also vacuumed!
Today: New Wheels! I've never once been interested in wheels, but there was a great deal when I got my tires rotated and went for it. Original 16" Alloy wheels are now for sale and due to the good deal I got they will hopefully cover the costs! Went with the Konig Zero-In.
Last edited by Vaggeto on Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
colterk

Post by colterk »

Vaggeto wrote:Monday: Tires rotated, wheel alignment, car wash and major cleanup of all door jambs etc and also vacuumed!
Today: New Wheels! I've never once been interested in wheels, but there was a great deal when I got my tires rotated and went for it. Original 16" Alloy wheels are now for sale! Went with the Konig Zero-In.
The zero in's were my first choice but they didnt have any left when I went in. Post pics please as I am very interested in seeing how they look.
Link to my 'garage' thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38548
Led Powered Since '87
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

colterk wrote:
Vaggeto wrote:Monday: Tires rotated, wheel alignment, car wash and major cleanup of all door jambs etc and also vacuumed!
Today: New Wheels! I've never once been interested in wheels, but there was a great deal when I got my tires rotated and went for it. Original 16" Alloy wheels are now for sale! Went with the Konig Zero-In.
The zero in's were my first choice but they didnt have any left when I went in. Post pics please as I am very interested in seeing how they look.
Alright! Hopefully can do that a bit later. I love how they look so far. Wasn't fully sure based on how few people seem to have my car color here (shadow).

Now I'm really considering painting my calipers, and also possibly my rear drums red to match the stripe on the new wheels. I've got brand new drums to install and figure it's best to paint them prior to install if I'm going to do it. It feels a bit tacky to paint the drums, but if it looks good then I don't mind.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Does anybody have any idea how I can get any washer to stick to this bolt cover? The plastic crumbled away, and it was hot glued for a long time, but it fell apart, and epoxy won't keep it on.

jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Vaggeto wrote:Went with the Konig Zero-In.
Same scenario for me. I took a picture of these in the showroom when I was getting my wife's tires put on her car. And with the red, white and black theme I really love, I liked these a lot for future consideration. I resisted the temptation, but can't wait to see pics of how they look on your Vibe.
Steelies to the rescue.
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

So here they are!

I know... I know... wheel gap. But I really have no interest in lowering it due to functionality.
Attachments
16&quot; Konig Zero-In Wheels
16" Konig Zero-In Wheels
2012-05-03 19.07.57_small.jpg (189.58 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
16&quot; Konig Zero-In Wheels
16" Konig Zero-In Wheels
2012-05-03 19.06.57_small.jpg (217.64 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

I love 'em. They even look good with a standard ride height. Kind of looks jacked an inch, even! ;)
Steelies to the rescue.
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

Any other ideas where I can incorporate that red?
I'm thinking calipers, but also brake drums maybe? Not sure where else.

I'd love a top or back spoiler, but getting one my body color seems like it'd be expensive to get painted.
colterk

Post by colterk »

Vaggeto wrote:Any other ideas where I can incorporate that red?

I'd love a top or back spoiler, but getting one my body color seems like it'd be expensive to get painted.
Those wheels are clean dude. I think the gap looks fine, and they do looked lifted which I think is cool looking on these cars (says the guy who just ordered lowering spring) but seriously, looks good. As far as spoilers, here you go : http://www.carid.com/2008-pontiac-vibe- ... 43135.html Just need to find you color.
Led Powered Since '87
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Cleaned it, detailed it, and put my headlight restoration kit to good use!

Before:

After:

They're not perfect, they'd need a good wet sanding and a new coat of everything, but I had the kit lying around and it's still an improvement.
Last edited by MrHatchWagon on Fri May 04, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Vaggeto wrote:Any other ideas where I can incorporate that red? I'm thinking calipers, but also brake drums maybe?
Yep. I painted the main caliper surround/housing that immediately surrounds the brake pads red. I left the other areas unpainted. I don't know the technical name for the other metal pieces that make up the caliper mount area, but I left those alone. I'm putting on new brakes and discs this weekend, so I plan on touching up the red again. With my "Pontiac red" genvibe.com sticker on the back, and the red calipers up front, it balances well. I went with black for the drums because I personally don't think painting drums looks very nice. Black doesn't show off too much dirt, and our drums, especially the 2003-2008 ones, rust FAST. I was fortunate to have got to them with a few coats of black rattle can paint. They looks just as nice today as they did nearly three years ago when I painted them.

Have fun!
Steelies to the rescue.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Vaggeto wrote:Now I'm really considering painting my calipers, and also possibly my rear drums red to match the stripe on the new wheels. I've got brand new drums to install and figure it's best to paint them prior to install if I'm going to do it. It feels a bit tacky to paint the drums, but if it looks good then I don't mind.
Maybe you should paint the drums black and do some sort of red accenting? Also, those wheels are awesome. DiscountTires didn't sell them at the time that I got my wheels, so I'm really jealous.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Mine are painted with high-temperature paint, and they're almost the same color as the cladding. It looks quite good as well, there are pictures in my garage thread if you're curious.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Winter came back for a few hours.... it's gone now...
Attachments
292.jpg
292.jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 8454 times
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

94,000 miles passed! I'm now about 360 miles under my step-moms Corollas, as far as mileage.

Not bad for a car that turn 9 YEARS OLD this month! Based on the date stamped on the rear seat foam, my Vibby turn nine next week. For her birthday, I'm going to order some blue Sylvania turn signal bulbs, and I have some new billet grilles coming from Ponyota! :D I love my Vibe!
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Passed 40,000 miles.

Stared longingly at the pile of audio electronics that need to be installed.
Stared longingly at the shelf of detailing equipment that needs to be used.
Sighed, went back to my bajillion-hour work week.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
colterk

Post by colterk »

Replaced rear bulbs. So now I can see my 'vibe' third brake light cover in full effect. Also did the reverse lights.
Led Powered Since '87
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Vaggeto wrote:Now I'm really considering painting my calipers, and also possibly my rear drums red to match the stripe on the new wheels. I've got brand new drums to install and figure it's best to paint them prior to install if I'm going to do it. It feels a bit tacky to paint the drums, but if it looks good then I don't mind.
Vaggeto wrote:Any other ideas where I can incorporate that red?
jkm311 wrote:Yep. I painted the main caliper surround/housing that immediately surrounds the brake pads red. I left the other areas unpainted. I don't know the technical name for the other metal pieces that make up the caliper mount area, but I left those alone. I'm putting on new brakes and discs this weekend, so I plan on touching up the red again. With my "Pontiac red" genvibe.com sticker on the back, and the red calipers up front, it balances well. I went with black for the drums because I personally don't think painting drums looks very nice. Black doesn't show off too much dirt, and our drums, especially the 2003-2008 ones, rust FAST. I was fortunate to have got to them with a few coats of black rattle can paint. They looks just as nice today as they did nearly three years ago when I painted them.

Have fun!
I would do the calipers red and the drums black. Brightly colored drums look tacky.
KITT222 wrote:Image
94,000 miles passed! I'm now about 360 miles under my step-moms Corollas, as far as mileage.

Not bad for a car that turn 9 YEARS OLD this month! Based on the date stamped on the rear seat foam, my Vibby turn nine next week. For her birthday, I'm going to order some blue Sylvania turn signal bulbs, and I have some new billet grilles coming from Ponyota! :D I love my Vibe!
Congratulations Nick! Looking forward to seeing updated pictures of your Vibe with the new mods ;)!
ponta2147 wrote:Stared longingly at the shelf of detailing equipment that needs to be used.
Don't feel bad, both our Vibes are disgusting and desperately need to be washed, clay barred and waxed, but the weather hasn't been cooperating and my weekends have been too busy :(.

Today I purchased and installed an Optima 35 series Red Top battery (#8020-164) in my mom's Vibe.

The Red Top is significantly smaller then the OEM Toyota battery. There's at least an inch gap between the Red Top and the left side of the plastic battery tray (yay, one less thing to worry about rusting!). The Red Top just barely fits with the bigger of the two spacers that came with it underneath it.

Cost breakdown: $166.99 (@ Farm & Fleet) - $7.00 (old battery exchange) + $11.60 (sales tax) = $171.59 - $25.00 (Optima mail-in rebate) = $146.59 Not bad for a maintenance free, fully sealed battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 7 year limited warranty! I'll be getting one for mine in another couple weeks!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
acvw74

Post by acvw74 »

Cost breakdown: $166.99 (@ Farm & Fleet) - $7.00 (old battery exchange) + $11.60 (sales tax) = $171.59 - $25.00 (Optima mail-in rebate) = $146.59 Not bad for a maintenance free, fully sealed battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 7 year limited warranty![/quote]

I'll be checking into that...I forget about Farm & Fleet.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

acvw74 wrote:
J_TO_ENVY wrote:Cost breakdown: $166.99 (@ Farm & Fleet) - $7.00 (old battery exchange) + $11.60 (sales tax) = $171.59 - $25.00 (Optima mail-in rebate) = $146.59 Not bad for a maintenance free, fully sealed battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty and a 7 year limited warranty!
I'll be checking into that...I forget about Farm & Fleet.
I love Farm & Fleet! FYI Optima is doing the $25.00 mail in rebate (up to 4 per household) until May 31st ;).
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Car wash again! This time it didn't snow!!! :D
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

Well it snowed here today!

I also received my hood gas struts from Ebay and installed them! So much better and IMO much safer since my original hood support was kinda sketchy.

Yesterday I installed a roll of roof sealing tape for sound insulation. It was a bit of a paint to work with but hopefully when I finish it will be much quieter.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

New sig... may need a bit more editing...

Summer vs. Winter
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

star_deceiver wrote:Moving day.... Lots of boxes and crap... I hate moving....Oh yeah... Post number 5000!!!
Well, besides driving around in the shiny version of my car... Post number 5000 (again). Not sure where those missing posts went during the forum transition but we're back on track now!!!
streblo

Post by streblo »

Lowered it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
Garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38793
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

star_deceiver wrote:
star_deceiver wrote:Moving day.... Lots of boxes and crap... I hate moving....Oh yeah... Post number 5000!!!
Well, besides driving around in the shiny version of my car... Post number 5000 (again). Not sure where those missing posts went during the forum transition but we're back on track now!!!
What a difference! I love the rims!
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

streblo wrote:Lowered it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice!
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

streblo wrote:Lowered it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stunning!

Question, that's a Thule bike rack right? And it doesn't need the cross bars, just the rails from a car's roof rack to mount? I ask because my friend's looking for a solution to carry his mountain bikes around on his Subaru Legacy, and he doesn't have cross bars. This looks like it would be exactly what he needs.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
streblo

Post by streblo »

MrHatchWagon wrote: Stunning!

Question, that's a Thule bike rack right? And it doesn't need the cross bars, just the rails from a car's roof rack to mount? I ask because my friend's looking for a solution to carry his mountain bikes around on his Subaru Legacy, and he doesn't have cross bars. This looks like it would be exactly what he needs.
Yes it is a Thule rack. This is the 594xt sidearm trays. Here is the trick with the Vibe. The answer is both yes and no. You can fit 2 of these on the factory bars, the NEW models (they come in a black box, not white/yellow/greyish), the older 594xt's do not come with an adapter and an xadapt 9 or 532 ride on adapter will be needed. The big issue though is the hatch clearance, if you use the trays on the factory rack they will interfere with opening the rear hatch as the hatch will not clear the back of the tray. SO yes they will fit, however your hatch will not clear. So what you do to overcome this problem is to use a crossroads foot pack with a 58" load bar, NOT 50". The fit guide will tell you to use a 50 however this is just simply the minimum bar spread. Use a 58" and mount trays on the outside of the foot packs, this way they will be on the outside of the hatch and it will not interfere with the hatch opening and closing. This is what I have done (Happens to be the same rack for my blazer zr2 I just switch it back and forth). Now some people will put the racks on backwards to overcome the hatch problem, now this can work however it does not hold the bike as securely as the rack is designed for the front wheel to face forwards, the front wheel mount is significantly more stable as the back wheel is only held down by a strap.

Now if you are worried about the width of the load bars and do not want them on the outside of the feet I believe you can use a half pack of the crossroads feet with a half pack of the traverse feet which would put the thule bars further forward on the vehicle, however with a sunroof you will then look at a bar when you look up.

This is the set up for the vibe, as for the Subaru I don't remember if there is an issue with hatch clearance or not on the factory bars, but you should be able to put a maximum of 2 bikes on factory rack, as I said the sidearm 594xt is the top of the line rack where you leave the front wheel on and should mount directly to the factory rack. Depending on which thule rack you go with some of them will mount directly to the factory rack out of the box while others may need a 532 ride on adapter or an xadapt8 adapter.

(I sell & Install Thule & Yakima btw :P )
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Thanks for the info! He's an avid mountain biker so I'll pass it on to him and report back when I get news regarding what he decides to do. It's a very nice rack (Heheheh)
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I did some painting tonight...

First, I re-painted the exhaust manifold heat shield from my Vibe. The first time around the paintjob turned out a bit rough which made it harder to wipe down when wiping the engine bay down after a wash, so I scuffed it up a little, wiped it down with rubbing alcohol and sprayed a few light coats on it. Hopefully it turns out nice and smooth this time like the one for my mom's Vibe did the first time around.

Next, I removed the wiper assemblies from both Vibes (they were starting to fade and look crappy, so I decided since I have all new wiper blades, I might as well re-paint the assemblies while I'm at it). I removed the old wiper blades and metal stiffeners, scuffed the assemblies up, wiped them down with rubbing alcohol, sprayed 2 coats of adhesion promoter, 3 coats of the DupliColor low gloss black engine enamel (same stuff I used on the exhaust manifold heat shield) and finally 3 coats of clear coat. They are drying on the work bench in the garage overnight and tomorrow I will be putting the new wiper blades in them and re-installing them on the Vibes. They should match the wiper arms much better now.

In between spraying coats of paint, I went ahead and installed new rear wiper blades on both Vibes. Very easy once I figured out how to pop the assembly off :P.

Oh, our second GM premium all weather cargo mats arrived today too. They will be used to protect the backs of the rear seats when they are folded down for hauling stuff. I will take some pictures tomorrow.

For anyone who may need them, here are the GM part numbers for the 2009-2010 Vibe wiper blade inserts (just the blades).

Front driver - #19184580
Front passenger - #19184579
Rear - #88969935
04shadowvibe

Post by 04shadowvibe »

I just cant win here, everytime I detail a car something happens to it. I detailed my sisters Vibe the other day and it looked great. Well tonight her husband pulls in and clips the front bumper of the Vibe with his car. Scratched it pretty good under the headlight and pushed in the plastic lower cladding and scraped it all up. Ill try to buff it out some but its through the paint in most spots. I give up I need a new hobby cause detailing the cars is just too frustrating anymore :cry:
2006 Vibe AWD, Platinum/Graphite, Sun and Sound Package - Sisters
2007 Vibe FWD, Neptune/Graphite, Base
PAST - 04 Shadow Base, Moons and Tunes, Monotone, Traded at 23K for the 06 AWD.
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

04shadowvibe wrote:I just cant win here, everytime I detail a car something happens to it. I detailed my sisters Vibe the other day and it looked great. Well tonight her husband pulls in and clips the front bumper of the Vibe with his car. Scratched it pretty good under the headlight and pushed in the plastic lower cladding and scraped it all up. Ill try to buff it out some but its through the paint in most spots. I give up I need a new hobby cause detailing the cars is just too frustrating anymore :cry:
Ouch sorry man >.<. If it helps at all... mine has never been detailed (hopefully it will be very soon) and I need to replace both my lower and upper bumper covers!
04shadowvibe

Post by 04shadowvibe »

Vaggeto wrote:
04shadowvibe wrote:I just cant win here, everytime I detail a car something happens to it. I detailed my sisters Vibe the other day and it looked great. Well tonight her husband pulls in and clips the front bumper of the Vibe with his car. Scratched it pretty good under the headlight and pushed in the plastic lower cladding and scraped it all up. Ill try to buff it out some but its through the paint in most spots. I give up I need a new hobby cause detailing the cars is just too frustrating anymore :cry:
Ouch sorry man >.<. If it helps at all... mine has never been detailed (hopefully it will be very soon) and I need to replace both my lower and upper bumper covers!
Thanks, Ill touch it up the best I can to make it look good. Not too worried about the lower cladding it is what it is. The Vibe is so easy for me to detail its size makes it like a 4 hour job to wash, claybar, wax, condition cladding and clean the inside. My truck on the other hand can take me a few days if I want it perfect.
2006 Vibe AWD, Platinum/Graphite, Sun and Sound Package - Sisters
2007 Vibe FWD, Neptune/Graphite, Base
PAST - 04 Shadow Base, Moons and Tunes, Monotone, Traded at 23K for the 06 AWD.
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

I've really got to start looking into all of that regarding the claybar and everything.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I put the new wiper blade inserts into the freshly painted wiper blade assemblies this morning and re-installed them. They look much better and match the black of the wiper arms almost perfectly now! My mom is currently out running some errands and it's raining so it looks like I got everything replaced and all just in time!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

All-out wash, claybar and wax after my first day at my new job. I used some good-quality Meguires wash and wax, and claybarred with what was left over from last year. She really needed it. And since it is her birth-month, the annual spring detail was in order! Chrome cleaner for my rims and exhaust tip come tomorrow, along with interior cleaning (even though there is very little that needs to be cleaned in there). It was good to spend that time with my Vibe. :) For the first time in a few weeks my entire exterior is clean!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

KITT222 wrote:All-out wash, claybar and wax after my first day at my new job. I used some good-quality Meguires wash and wax, and claybarred with what was left over from last year. She really needed it. And since it is her birth-month, the annual spring detail was in order! Chrome cleaner for my rims and exhaust tip come tomorrow, along with interior cleaning (even though there is very little that needs to be cleaned in there). It was good to spend that time with my Vibe. :) For the first time in a few weeks my entire exterior is clean!
I am hoping the weather cooperates over Memorial Day weekend because both our Vibes need this same treatment!
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

Exchanged fluid on my power steering last night! Wrote a tutorial here.

streblo

Post by streblo »

Further contemplated getting a trailer hitch to tow this
Vaggeto

Post by Vaggeto »

Installed a new PCV valve today. Also added a post describing my experience since there seems to be confusion as to which is the right one. The post is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38022&p=464021#p464021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Jacked up the front end, spun driver side wheel while in neutral. I have a bad wheel bearing. Apparently it's been going out since I bought the car over a year and a half ago, the noise has just gotten progressively worse. But how about this, I was the one to suggest it was a wheel bearing. My dad, the man who has worked on cars for years, was the naysayer of it. :roll: A quick video is all the proof needed. Until Friday or Saturday I'll be rolling on a bad bearing which is making a TERRIBLE noise and bad vibration in the car. Wish me luck on keeping my wits. It keeps jingling the keys in the ignition...

In other news I picked up some good car detailing stuff, including chrome polish, interior glass cleaner, instant detailer, and interior wipes.