What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
KITT222

Re: (lannvouivre)

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by lannvouivre » but when he gets a car, I'll probably be the one doing the oil/etc changes so...I actually asked him if he wanted me to teach him how to do this stuff, and he said no! He'd rather Youtube it. My feelers are hurt That's awesome that you're the one who'd be taking care of the cars, but I think he's probably not going to let you teach him because of society norms. Don't feel too hurt.Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »LOL! That's funny! There's a black late 80s/early 90s Firebird that has KITT xxx (3 numbers [not 222], but can't remember what they are) on the license plate about a block away from me that always reminds me of you !Funny! You need to get a picture of it.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Got the other two tires replaced.. nice smooth ride again!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
MrHatchWagon

Re:

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Out went my cheap, dim 5$ headlight bulbs. In went my new, cheap, $25 Eurolite Xenon Fusions. I saw a demo of them at our local auto accessories place and liked it. They have a reputation for not having the longest life, but we'll see how long I can go with them. I was hoping for Putco Pure bulbs in mirror white, but they don't stock that brand and it would have been more expensive to get them shipped.The light is nice and white, waiting for sundown to snap a few pictures. Day: Night:
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
streblo

Post by streblo »

waxed it!
2003 GT - 80k - K&N SRI - Painted & Machined Rims - Kenwood System - Lowered - June 2012 VOTM
Garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38793
vibenvy

Re: (streblo)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Funny! You need to get a picture of it.I will do that !Did the 30,000 mile oil changes on both Vibes earlier today. I replaced the cabin air filters for the second time, this time with FRAM Fresh Breeze ones (the first time was OEM Toyota ones). The brake fluid was a tad low so I'll have to keep an eye on the brake pads so I can replace them before they get bad enough to need new rotors. Everything else was good !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
BC123

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by BC123 »

Weekend UpdatePainted exhaust manifold heat shield blackChecking off my mod list
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

Well not today but this weekend I add some blind spot mirrors ,tint windows and a trip to Austin

Attached files
CAVADA75

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (CAVADA75)

Post by CAVADA75 »

Tint windows

Attached files
vibenvy

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (BC123)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by BC123 »Weekend UpdatePainted exhaust manifold heat shield blackChecking off my mod list Looks great ! It always feel so good to check another mod off the list!I took my Vibe to the body shop at the GM dealer I go to so they could look at the rust on the sunroof glass frame. The body shop manager took pictures of it to submit to GM. He's supposed to find out by tomorrow whether GM will warranty it or not.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Picked something up from Advanced Auto Parts. I'm going to drop a few hints here and there before coming out and saying it...
trb

Post by trb »

Got the last of the 17" wheels for my son's Vibe today. $86.77 shipped and it only has very very minor scratches. So the set of wheels cost me $236.77 including shipping. Add $40 to mount the set of 245/45/17s I already have on them, $23.35 for lug nuts and the 06 will be set to go with new wheels and tires for $300!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
09vGT

Re: (trb)

Post by 09vGT »

Finally added this on. Thanks Carrie!!!
BC123

Re:

Post by BC123 »

Today's maintenance to prep for a road trip:50916 milesOil changeMobil 1 Extended Performance oil 5W-20 Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filterTire rotationInstall aluminum brake/clutch/accelerator pedals
lannvouivre

Re: (KITT222)

Post by lannvouivre »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »That's awesome that you're the one who'd be taking care of the cars, but I think he's probably not going to let you teach him because of society norms. Don't feel too hurt.I think he's just jealous because I love my car more than I love him!Today I changed the accessory drive/serpentine belt (I'll take pictures of the old one tomorrow hopefully) with the help of Dad. As it turns out, I don't have enough hands to take care of it by myself (not to mention my arms are too short to get the belt around the bottom pulley, so I had to attach those from under the car).And two days ago I painted my brake calipers red to match my decals. I wish the stitching on the car bra was red, that would look sweet. I'd like to paint the outside of the brake drums gloss black and paint red "PONTIAC" lettering along the ...you know what, a picture says a thousand words: I used the power of photoshop to splice a couple of pictures together. I'm excited because I just found out how to curve a straight image while making that.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
BadBrew

Re:

Post by BadBrew »

Got my engine cleaned and installed a new K&N filter (instead of a cheap Ractive) for the CAI. Ready for summer!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
tpollauf

Re: (09vGT)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Finally added this on. Thanks Carrie!!! Sweeeeeeeet looking Hopefully my instructions made it very easy to install. That even looks better than mine, mainly because you have tinted windows. Enjoy
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Lowered it
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Lowered itPics or it didn't happen...lol!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Finally added this on. Thanks Carrie!!!You're very welcome Ethan ! It looks great !Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Lowered itQuote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Pics or it didn't happen...lol! x2!
KITT222

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by KITT222 »

My vinyl came in the mail today. You guys aren't getting anything, yet! Unless I wash my car tonight. If I do that, I'll be sure to get some pics
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Moving day.... Lots of boxes and crap... I hate moving....Oh yeah... Post number 5000!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Piggy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by Piggy »

(Yesterday) Got this installed:http://cdn2.autopartsnetwork.c...7.jpgCEL is off for 100 miles so far.... we'll see how it lasts
vibenvy

Re: (Piggy)

Post by vibenvy »

I hadn't heard anything from the body shop, so I called them today after work to see what the deal was. GM is indeed going to warranty the rusted sunroof glass frame ! The new one is on order and the body shop will call me to set up an appointment as soon as it comes in.My faith has been somewhat restored in GM because of this. I was ready for them to be jerks and not want to warranty it. Once mine is taken care of, I will go through this whole thing again with my mom's Vibe. Having two Vibes is so much fun when it comes to stuff like this !
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Carrie. Glad to hear that they will be replacing it and NOT simply painting it. If possible, for the sake of ALL of us here on GenVibe, get PICS of the actual rusted frame once removed from the car. This may be difficult as the dealer will likely need to turn in the rusted frame and thus you'll never get your hands on it. Talk to them and somehow insist that you need a picture of it. Then post it for all of us to see. I'm real curious as to the areas affected and to what magnitude! I'm thinking this is just in the corners (specifically front ones) but would like to see with my own eyes. Keep us all posted on this repair
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Reinstalled my OEM 3rd brake light due to difficulties I was having with the other one
KITT222

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Pics or it didn't happen...lol! It was nice today, so I gave her a wash! Glass gave me hassle though (seriously, how the hell do you clean glass properly?)By the way, Brian, somebody didn't do a good job of not over-tightening a centercap... The plastic "washer" bit which held the cap on disintegrated. So I had to glue a metal washer to the plastic. It actually works really well. And now, I present my lowered Vibby!More in my garage thread...
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

--> Piggy. Occupation: Professional Window Cleaner.(Seriously)(Does saying seriously negate the seriousness?)No product will actually be streak free even if it's printed on the label. Dirt is what smears generally anyway, not the cleaning agent. Best bet, especially for auto glass with it's pleasant curves... (sarcasm) 1. use your regular blue spray glass cleaner or if you like, rainX spray per directions. 2. polish it up with a very dry very clean micro fiber. Although if you have a 4 inch squeegee you may be able to get away clean. Just make sure the stroke down has a little tilt down to the side you just cleaned. If the end is tilted up on the dry side it'll leave streaks.And now, what I did today: Painted my brake drums through the wheels. Some would call it brave, all should call it stupid. I managed to only bump each wheel once. Blasted plasticote quick dry formula... Got it off the wheels but it left residueSo after the paint dried I polished it off and shined the wheels.And new air filter.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »By the way, Brian, somebody didn't do a good job of not over-tightening a centercap... The plastic "washer" bit which held the cap on disintegrated. So I had to glue a metal washer to the plastic. It actually works really well.Forgot about that. Yup, that's how it was when I bought them from the previous owner of the wheels. I had glued the plastic washer and made sure I didn't tighten it too much. Glad you found a solution for it.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Carrie. Glad to hear that they will be replacing it and NOT simply painting it. If possible, for the sake of ALL of us here on GenVibe, get PICS of the actual rusted frame once removed from the car. This may be difficult as the dealer will likely need to turn in the rusted frame and thus you'll never get your hands on it. Talk to them and somehow insist that you need a picture of it. Then post it for all of us to see. I'm real curious as to the areas affected and to what magnitude! I'm thinking this is just in the corners (specifically front ones) but would like to see with my own eyes. Keep us all posted on this repair I'll see what I can do Tim .Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »It was nice today, so I gave her a wash! Glass gave me hassle though (seriously, how the hell do you clean glass properly?)I personally use Stoner's Invisible Glass and newspaper. Works the best out of anything else I've tried.The Vibe looks amazing Nick !
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I just dropped $195.44 on GMPartsCenter.net . I ordered new wiper blade inserts for both Vibes and a new 3rd brake light and 3rd brake light trim piece (both are jacked up from being taken out and put back in too many times ) for my Vibe.
trb

Post by trb »

Got the 17" wheels installed on my son's Vibe. They look so much better than the hub caps. The 245/45/17 tires are a tad bit much for the rims, but they don't rub and they have plenty of cushion to save them from curb rash. Now we may see about lowering it. :DAlso got an OBDII bluetooth module for my GT, and downloaded the Torque app for my phone. Haven't played with it yet, but it looks neat, especially for $24.90 total for both parts.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

i think 245's are technically too wide for a 7" wide rim...
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

summer mode
trb

Re: (thebarber)

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by thebarber »i think 245's are technically too wide for a 7" wide rim...Yeah, the tire guy said that too, but we tried it and it does not look too bad. These tires were just sitting in my garage wasting away, so we might a well use them. Next set I will get something narrower. I think these tires run small anyway.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
06pvibe

Re: (thebarber)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by thebarber »i think 245's are technically too wide for a 7" wide rim...Oh, way too wide. The recommended tire width for a 17x7 is 215. I have 225's on mine but wouldn't go any wider.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Serj22

Post by Serj22 »

Lowered the front end again, then washed it. One hour later there was a torrential downpour of rain, and then it cleared up again.... awesome...
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
trb

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Oh, way too wide. The recommended tire width for a 17x7 is 215. I have 225's on mine but wouldn't go any wider. I just measured the tires, and they are just a hair over 9" wide. So the ones I have, do run smaller than most 245s. The tire guys said 2" is about the max over the rim width they recommend, and he thought they would be wider than they are. 245s are usually over 9-1/2" wide.Edit: now that I have daylight, I measured the tires I mounted, Overall width is 9" and the tread is 8-1/2". This compares to another set of 245/45/17s that I have and they are over 9-1/2" wide with a tread of 9". I know the 7" rim is probably squeezing the tires a bit, but they still seem to be narrower than other tires the same size anyway.FWIW, Discount tires does list the 245/45/17s as an optional tire size for the 17" wheels on the Vibe. Don't know if that is for sure on the stock rim or not. But I'll probably go with 225s on the next set of tires anyway. Like I said, these were paid for and just sitting around.I just took a couple of pics of the tires. http://i635.photobucket.com/al...2.jpgh ... al...3.jpg
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Nothing to the Vibe (yet, but there are plans brewing) but traded in Chris's 2008 G6 GT coupe for a 2012 GMC Terrain 4cyl with premium sound and sunroof. Got over $9k on trade in which I was happy with, especially considering it was about to need $1200 in repairs ;-) I did also get 29.9mpg on the Vibe in mixed driving, which was sweet, but I suppose that is for the other thread.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Just did a drain & refill on the auto trans @ 129K. Did the last one @ 104K. I have to admit the fluid still smelled fresh. I guess thats a good thing !
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
trb

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by trb »Also got an OBDII bluetooth module for my GT, and downloaded the Torque app for my phone. Haven't played with it yet, but it looks neat, especially for $24.90 total for both parts.I am really enjoying that Torque app! So far I've hooked it up to my car and my son's and played with it. Haven't tried the performance timers and such, but the MPG calculations are great. I'm sure they are not 100% accurate, but at least they are relative. Acceleration reads single digits on the instant MPG, while it goes up to 50-60 MPG when I let off the gas at 45-50 MPH. It has even spiked up over 100 at times! The cumulative average on my GT is around 28 so far around town, and I've been driving very carefully to keep it higher. My actual math calculations run around 23-24, but that is without any special fuel economy measures to raise it. I'll be curious to see how watching the app numbers affects my actual calculations once I run a full tank.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by trb »I am really enjoying that Torque app! So far I've hooked it up to my car and my son's and played with it. Haven't tried the performance timers and such, but the MPG calculations are great. I'm sure they are not 100% accurate, but at least they are relative. Acceleration reads single digits on the instant MPG, while it goes up to 50-60 MPG when I let off the gas at 45-50 MPH. It has even spiked up over 100 at times! The cumulative average on my GT is around 28 so far around town, and I've been driving very carefully to keep it higher. My actual math calculations run around 23-24, but that is without any special fuel economy measures to raise it. I'll be curious to see how watching the app numbers affects my actual calculations once I run a full tank. My Kiwi MPG gauge does the same thing. I accelerate at 5-11mpg, and I can coast downhill at 250+mpg. But it will be off by a few MPGs with winter blend fuel. Other than that, is it worth it to spend the money and get the app and bluetooth?
trb

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »My Kiwi MPG gauge does the same thing. I accelerate at 5-11mpg, and I can coast downhill at 250+mpg. But it will be off by a few MPGs with winter blend fuel. Other than that, is it worth it to spend the money and get the app and bluetooth? I haven't played with everything, but it does list all of the available sensors that the PCM has, along with all the acceleration, HP and other displays, G meter, coolant temp, speed, RPMs and a lot of others I haven't set up. It does show you what is available to measure since I added an extra plugin package for free. I haven't even looked at the OBDII codes section yet. For $25 total, IMO it is a good deal, especially since it is easy to move from car to car and you can set up several vehicle profiles for each car you have. They even have settings for the kind of fuel you use, gas, diesel or E10, E15 or E85.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I took my seat back apart (to find nothing was wrong) and left my mark.Also, if that seat back is right, my Vibe was born the afternoon of May 5, 2003. I also got my GM accessories exhaust tip in the mail today! Now... how does it go on? I'm also going to need to pound out my exhaust to round again, because it's a bit bent right now
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »I took my seat back apart (to find nothing was wrong) and left my mark....... Also, if that seat back is right, my Vibe was born the afternoon of May 5, 2003. That's pretty cool... that you left your mark, I mean. I wonder if anyone besides you and those of us that see the picture will ever see it though?There's something about that date..... Let's see....? OH YEAH!! I turned 46 on May 5th, 2003. That's right!! I remember now!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
trb

Post by trb »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Also, if that seat back is right, my Vibe was born the afternoon of May 5, 2003. At least that part of your car was born then. There are probably dates all over the car leading up to the date on the door tag. I know there are several dates on my Mustang reflecting the manufacture/ assembly of the various parts and components.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
KITT222

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »That's pretty cool... that you left your mark, I mean. I wonder if anyone besides you and those of us that see the picture will ever see it though? With the amount of time I plan on keeping this car (for-ev-ver) this could be a possibility. But hey, I left my mark on the inside of the sunroof motherboard box, and not even I will be back under there. It's just fun to leave my mark! I want to begin doing this a lot, too. Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »There's something about that date..... Let's see....? OH YEAH!! I turned 46 on May 5th, 2003. That's right!! I remember now!! Cool! My Vibe may share your birthday! Quote, originally posted by trb »At least that part of your car was born then. There are probably dates all over the car leading up to the date on the door tag. I know there are several dates on my Mustang reflecting the manufacture/ assembly of the various parts and components.I'll need to check the rest of them, but the door tag says 05/03. A specific day would be nice. Then again, modern cars are built so quickly you never know (it also says LINE 1????). Where else might dates reside?m
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I called the body shop today to see whether they have gotten the new sunroof glass in yet. They have, so I set up an appointment to take my Vibe down next Tuesday (the day before my warranty expries !) to have it replaced. With the exception of not calling me like they say they're going to, I have been very pleased with this dealer body shop so far.
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

Well not today but here it is add the tint window and blind spot mirror...not that I need it (non of my cars ever had it )but I red some one use them to prevent scratching the wheels which iI think is a good Idea

Attached files
CAVADA75

Post by CAVADA75 »

And here is one more

Attached files
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looks good CAVADA ! What % did you get?