What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Got my new car phone charger from the mailbox this morning. I have a 3 port charger thing(whatever its called) hardwired to the battery (fused of course) hidden behind the lower dash panel. Right now it just has my radar detector plugged in. So ill be plugging it into there and running the cord through the dash up to my phone mount. The power strip has a switch on it too. Pretty cool set up.
hapagan

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by hapagan »

Quote, originally posted by silverbullet »Got my new car phone charger from the mailbox this morning. I have a 3 port charger thing(whatever its called) hardwired to the battery (fused of course) hidden behind the lower dash panel. Right now it just has my radar detector plugged in. So ill be plugging it into there and running the cord through the dash up to my phone mount. The power strip has a switch on it too. Pretty cool set up.without pics its not true!
04 Pontiac Vibe Gray, M+T package Custom Front Bumper Paint5% window tint everywhere except three front windows 12" Pioneer IMPP subPro bend bandpass boxBoss 1600w 4Ch amp6, 6.5 Infinity Kappa 62.9i 450w each
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Had a hard time getting pics of under the dash when I first made my garage. Now we lost the camera cord. Will have to buy a new one and get that updated.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

washed, cleaned, and updated my garage.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Replaced both headlight bulbs. Driver's side bulb is a huge pain even with my teeny-tiny hands.Yesterday, I had to replace a tire (nail in the sidewall)...which somehow cost $15? I've had to pay more than that just to get them patched. I don't even know what happened.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
star_deceiver

Re: (lannvouivre)

Post by star_deceiver »

Didn't go through, pulled right out with barely any effort.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
knightrace

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by knightrace »

Replaced the bulbs in my foglights with Sylvania 9006 Silverstars.Replaced the cabin air filter.Checked the serpentine belt for wear. Noticed cracks... time to replace soon
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
lovemyraffe

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (knightrace)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Got the front springs changed. Now back to stock ride height all around.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
09vGT

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (lovemyraffe)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Got the front springs changed. Now back to stock ride height all around.Yo rims look dirty mane.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (lovemyraffe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

still looks killer....and here's shiny new sig if ya want one and if not, well that's cool too. Just wanted to do something with that awesome side-shot
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Yo rims look dirty mane. What gives you that idea? Could it be the finger marks the wheels? Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »still looks killer....and here's shiny new sig if ya want one and if not, well that's cool too. Just wanted to do something with that awesome side-shotThanks for the update Psycho!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
CAMOGIRL

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

got THIS in the mail today, and had to try it on Looks a might purty! Can't wait to get it on there permanently! Here's a preview:
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
06pvibe

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by 06pvibe »

Looks good!!But what I wanna know is how you squeeze that big ol' car into that lil' ol' door?Seriously, I got a chuckle seeing that door (instead of a traditional garage style door) in front of your vibe, as if the car is trying to enter the house.Is that your driveway or your sidewalk? Do you have a garage or by-the-door parking? I can't tell from that picture.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
CAMOGIRL

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

HAD a garage, it is now the man cave. We have three vehicles and a boat and a single car garage was just not sufficient, so we have added to the living space and are adding a nice separate garage out back. Honestly I am surprised that the door was the thing that made you chuckle, considering one of the other items in one of the photos lol.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

You mean the Christmas lights, or the antlers sticking out of the bush?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

the Christmas lights Antlers are a normal part of the decor EVERYWHERE inside and outside my home
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It looks great on there! I can't wait to see it mounted.I grabbed a bottle of Toyota metallic silver touch-up paint, and so far so good! Two coats, and it is blending in nicely with the rest of the body. But what I really need is a car wash, although I am nervous about the touchless wash because of the eyelids.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (KITT222)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

It shouldn't bother them at all. It's never messed my Konig logo up on the hood
knightrace

Post by knightrace »

Replaced the serpentine belt. Not sure if this is the original belt or not but the vibe has 110,000 miles on it.New tires put on today. Just went with some basic tires for now. Yokohama avid touring -s.I want to get some 17 or 18 inch wheels and tires next year.
2005 Frosty White, Moon & Tunes, Leather, AutoDisabled DRL & AHLDouble Compartment Armrest Hella Super Tone Horns
Herb

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (knightrace)

Post by Herb »

Installed this FM modulator for an auxiliary input
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Chuck McKnight

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Just finished de-beeping my Vibe this afternoon, and I fixed the soft stop "feature" on the moonroof two days ago. My Vibe is now user friendly! I also ordered a Kenwood KDC-108 stereo receiver today, so my next project will be to install that when it arrives.
My Twitter | My Facebook
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

drove it to the lions game! my first time to ford field. 48 -3 what a game!
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Rolled over to 80K
star_deceiver

Re: (09vGT)

Post by star_deceiver »

Broken jar in the parking lot....

Attached files
06pvibe

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by 06pvibe »

WOW, that sucks!!! But that tire looks more than half gone anyway. You didn't get them that long ago as I remember? How many miles on them?
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

That's the right front tire, it's never been rotated (until I did it yesterday). You can see all 4 tires here: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=45329They have about 30-35000kms on them (I"ll have to check my maintenance log) and are lasting much better then the RS-A's did at that mileage! They are wearing as I expected them to andhave the same amount of grip as they did when I bought them. I put on one of my studded winter tires while this one was getting fixed. Had to go easy on the throttle Spinning the winter tire once was enough to tell the vast diffrence in grip!To say I drive these tires aggressivly is a bit of an understatement... still haven't put the car sideways, slid excessivly or snowplowed (and I've tried)! They still channel water away very well as it's difficult to hydroplane them without going over 75 mph.It was $30 to fix the holes.
rgnjc

Post by rgnjc »

Getting my car ready for a long distance trip (moving from NJ to Oregon).2005 Vibe base.Today I installed the 12v outlet in the center console, cleaned my throttle body and MAF sensor (couldn't do the IACV because I didn't have a 5-star bit), replaced the PCV valve and installed NGK Iridium IX plugs.I'm trying to think of other things that I could clean/replace before my trip. Ideas would be appreciated!
2005 Vibe base AWD w/ M&T, 191k miles (as of 8/2022)
2007 Vibe base FWS w/ M&T, 150k miles (as of 8/2022)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Wasn't the Vibe, but Chris got about halfway done detailing his car (claybar and polish) when he pulled a muscle in his back. It's sitting in the garage waiting for a wax and rain-x...
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
09vGT

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by 09vGT »

Ran him into the back of a truck at a stop light I've been wanting the bumper repainted anyway.
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

ouch! Congrats on being able to get a new paint job tho!
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

As long as we're speaking of accidents...... and now for context. No, this is not my Vibe. It is my friend Applejuice's Vibe. He crossed a highway and was going through an intersection where if you're coming off the road you have the right of way - there's no stop sign for them. Well, an old Asian woman didn't know that and drove off in front of him. He hit her around her rear wheel, and she had to have her car towed. He's still driving his Vibe around. The police sided with him so he won't have to pay anything. They'll be submitting the police report soon and their insurance contact will be calling them soon. As for the damage, the rad support is just fine and the passenger door opens fine, its just the sheetmetal from the fender being pushed back which if preventing it from opening. The crumple zones in the passenger fender though are bent a tad, but it is certainly fixable.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Iiiii'm guessin' that's not the way you intended to get it.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » Iiiii'm guessin' that's not the way you intended to get it.Definitely not. Now my pretty repainted bumper is estimated at nearly $800.00
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Definitely not. Now my pretty repainted bumper is estimated at nearly $800.00That sucks..wierd that made that little round hole..trailer ball and hitch?Rotated my tires today..wearing well, no odd patterns or issues. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
vibenvy

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by vibenvy »

Man, two silver Vibes involved in accidents in the same day . I guess I better be extra careful so I'm not the next one .Ethan, if you get a brand new front bumper cover, you should tell the body shop to not drill the holes for the license plate so it will look even better !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I'm currently helping my aunt out buying a Vibe. Their Grand Prix was totaled and I pointed them towards the Vibe. They've already tried a charcoal 09, and they are going to try out a white 09 GT tomorrow.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »I'm currently helping my aunt out buying a Vibe. Their Grand Prix was totaled and I pointed them towards the Vibe. They've already tried a charcoal 09, and they are going to try out a white 09 GT tomorrow.Awesome Nick ! Give 'em an extra push toward the GT !
09vGT

Re: (csxt8058)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by csxt8058 »That sucks..wierd that made that little round hole..trailer ball and hitch? JRExactly that, a trailer hitch. Funny enough he was another fellow student at school. He was real nice, but I was REAL mad at myself. Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Ethan, if you get a brand new front bumper cover, you should tell the body shop to not drill the holes for the license plate so it will look even better !I would, but when I do actually go back to Missouri, they are so freakin' strict on having a front plate. I don't need TWO tickets this year.
Chuck McKnight

Re:

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Installed my new Kenwood head unit today.

Attached files
My Twitter | My Facebook
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I would, but when I do actually go back to Missouri, they are so freakin' strict on having a front plate. I don't need TWO tickets this year. Mount it to your lower grille somehow. The guys over at MO pretty much ALL do that, even if they have holes drilled for the plate mount.
vibenvy

Re: Re: (Chuck McKnight)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I would, but when I do actually go back to Missouri, they are so freakin' strict on having a front plate. I don't need TWO tickets this year.That sucks .Front plates are required in Illinois as well, but it's been over a year since I replaced mine with color matched plugs and I have yet to be pulled over (I actually haven't been pulled over for anything since 2005). When my mom hit a cat back in March, I told the body shop to not drill the holes. It looks so much better!
x_GSEadam_X

Post by x_GSEadam_X »

Changed the oil and topped off the washer fluid. It was the first time I changed the oil on this car by myself (09 Base w/ 2.4) and I could not believe how easy it was.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I got three of the four snow tires mounted at my high school. The fourth one I'll take to a tire shop.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by x_GSEadam_X »Changed the oil and topped off the washer fluid. It was the first time I changed the oil on this car by myself (09 Base w/ 2.4) and I could not believe how easy it was.I thought my 02 Sunfire GT was easy until I got the Vibe !
rgnjc

Re:

Post by rgnjc »

Swapped out the PCV valve with one I bought from NAPA for $5. I bought one from Advance Auto Parts (Purolater brand) for $2 and it wasn't a one way valve, I was able to blow air in both directions, which is why I bought another.I also swapped out the fuel filter in the gas tank. First time doing it and it was easy peezy. The inside of the old filter looked black (white on the new one). I'll crack it open and see what it looks like, maybe I'll take some pictures to post here.
2005 Vibe base AWD w/ M&T, 191k miles (as of 8/2022)
2007 Vibe base FWS w/ M&T, 150k miles (as of 8/2022)
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

I just Swappedmy pcv valve for a new one too. Assuming it was needed as it has never been done. Didn't know about blowing air to test it. I noticed that when you flip it over and can see the thing inside move, the distance of movement in the old valve was double that of the new one. Idles just a tiny bit better now.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Wrecked my wrist spraying all day. My carpal tunnel is seriously ticked at me... It was so worth it though.. Will get some better pix for my garage but here's the idea.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Oh wow that looks GREAT!! Did you paint the cladding? The lava really pops.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Yup. I used plasti dip to keep it natural if you will. That and for easy correction of issues that will inevitably happen. Most of my cladding is chewed up from the previous owner living on a gravel road and her, um, poor driving skills, so it needs replacing before any permanent paint, so this was my way of making it look nicer. For now. Til I change my mind. Lol.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

It looks GREAT, Alicia!!