What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
CAMOGIRL

Re: (KITT222)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »I can't do the headliner idea because I have a sunroof, and that's where my lights and switches are I have space... I think I am going to steal that Idea Course I will have to find a space for my star...
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Drove it to my first day of my new job.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ou.grizzly

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Drove it to my first day of my new job.Congrats friend!Took the Vibe back to the dealer AGAIN for warranty repairs.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lannvouivre

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (06pvibe)

Post by lannvouivre »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »What are you people complaining about? It's been well over 100* everyday (currenly 102*, but seen it as high as 108*) for months around here!! Man, it's been so hot that I don't even want to wash my car again.The day before yesterday, I dodged a car accident with a lady who almost ran into me in the Target parking lot. I guess she thought the stop sign right in front of her was for show Luckily, my mom was right about my reflexes and no cars were damaged.Yesterday, the battery went and Dad had it replaced.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
06pvibe

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (lannvouivre)

Post by 06pvibe »

I have to admit that the last time I washed my Mazda, I didn't. Took it to the local auto-wash. I usually wash both the Mazda and the Vibe @ the same time, but its just been too stinkin' hot!!Yeah, yesterday coming home from work, I almost became a parking lot sandwich. I somehow got between two car backing out of opposite parking spaces, neither paying attention. I did a VEERY quick reverse and got out of both driver's way. There were also several cars on my 16.5 mile trip home that were more in my lane than their own. What was that about? Did I miss something? Was it national Bad Driver's day , or what?
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
vibenvy

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (06pvibe)

Post by vibenvy »

Yesterday I received and installed my GM chrome shift knob overlay (#19171212). I lucked out and found a great deal on the set (shift indicator bezel and shift knob overlays) on eBay. Needless to say I will not be using the shift indicator bezel because that would be way too much bling (I actually ordered the set for the 4-speed auto ). I think the shift knob overlay looks really good though. It adds a little more chrome without being too ridiculous or cheesy looking.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
06pvibe

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 06pvibe »

That almost looks like the OE knob from my Mazda3, Carrie. I like the way that knob looks, but it has since been replaced by a much, MUCH heavier knob (650gms.) 'Course, the Mazda is a 5-sp. A little different than an automatic.Looks good!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
waveresponder

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by waveresponder »

new tint (25%) due to horrible fading, still have to retint the hatch glass at a later time due to the shop adding $150 to the price if the hatch glass was included!!!
09vGT

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (waveresponder)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »new tint (25%) due to horrible fading, still have to retint the hatch glass at a later time due to the shop adding $150 to the price if the hatch glass was included!!!I think you need to find a new tint shop. I only paid like 175.00 for the whole car. Just had a '10 Maxima tinted for 100 all around.
waveresponder

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (09vGT)

Post by waveresponder »

i figured it was expensive due to the extra labor of removing the old tint, plus the old hatch glass is different in design when compared to the new vibes correct me if i'm wrong. i know id have a hell of a time getting it perfect since you have to cut in strips due to the antenna lines or whatever they are...
vibenvy

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (waveresponder)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »That almost looks like the OE knob from my Mazda3, Carrie. I like the way that knob looks, but it has since been replaced by a much, MUCH heavier knob (650gms.) 'Course, the Mazda is a 5-sp. A little different than an automatic.Looks good!!Thanks Richard! I really like how it looks. It adds a nice little touch to the interior without being too obvious. Unfortunately it's just a cheap little piece of plastic held on by double sided tape, so we'll see how long it lasts, but for now anyway... I am really liking it .Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »i figured it was expensive due to the extra labor of removing the old tint, plus the old hatch glass is different in design when compared to the new vibes correct me if i'm wrong. i know id have a hell of a time getting it perfect since you have to cut in strips due to the antenna lines or whatever they are...$150.00 still seems rather steep even for having to remove the old tint first. The lines on the hatch glass are the defroster. The tint on my hatch glass is all one piece. I have never heard of them having to do strips because of the defroster. I think you really need to find a new tint shop .
09vGT

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »$150.00 still seems rather steep even for having to remove the old tint first. The lines on the hatch glass are the defroster. The tint on my hatch glass is all one piece. I have never heard of them having to do strips because of the defroster. I think you really need to find a new tint shop .Mine is in one piece as well. Get another quote and see what you find out!
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

Installed my 'Arruuuugah' horn. haha
2003 Vibe AWD
vibenvy

Re: (DoubleBaril)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DoubleBaril »Installed my 'Arruuuugah' horn. hahaLOL! So your Vibe sounds like a submarine now ?
06pvibe

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 06pvibe »

More like a Model "A." Hahaha!!Great horns!!! I actually have a manual Arruuuugah horn that was in my Grand parents house when when we cleaned it out back in the mid-'70's. We use it to signal each other when one of us is out in the yard... our 1.5 acre yard that is.
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

Yup! I had it in my previous car, and took it out before i sold it. It was about time i re-installed it!here it is:http://www.princessauto.com/tr...-horn
2003 Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Re: (DoubleBaril)

Post by star_deceiver »

It's about 4 months until the snow flies... maybe sooner... dug out the winter tires, going to clean them up and stack them in the apartment!

Attached files
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

I dropped my Vibe off at the dealer where we bought it to comeplete the purchase agreement work. Windshield chip repaired/filled (how'd it pass safety?) Window vents replaced. Windows tinted, rust module installed, paint chips touched up, re-detailed cuz they did a crap job and the paint protector applied. Loaned me a loaded 2011 Focus, I like my Vibe-rator better.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
06pvibe

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »It's about 4 months until the snow flies... maybe sooner... dug out the winter tires, going to clean them up and stack them in the apartment!You are... a wild and crazy guy!! Well I washed Frosty the other day after doing my own Mazda. Then I noticed some greasy hand prints that just refused to come off w/car wash. So last night I hand polished the hatch in preperation for this morning when I planned on re-washing and waxing.I got out there @ 6:30, and for the next 5 hrs proceeded to do a complete outside detail.Washed, clayed, waxed twice... even did the door jams, windows, did the wheels and tires, etc. My arms hurt, muscles sore and the car still looks like crap. How disappointing!! The paint (clearcoat really) is so faded that its going to need a polisher/buffer to make it look realy good. I don't think the previous owner ever did anything to protect the paint on this car and I *edit* DON'T have a buffer so I may have find a pro shop for a professional detail. A few bucks for that I'm sure, but it should be worth it in the end.I am trying to figure out what has been repainted. There are hue shifts in various parts of the car, but I'm not sure what is factory and what is body shop!!
vibenvy

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by vibenvy »

I just finished washing my mom's Vibe. I am going to get up early in the morning tomorrow before it gets God awful hot and humid and clean the interior. I ran out of light tonight and was so sweaty and gross, I just didn't feel like messing with it.This evening I also took my intake off in anticipation of a trip to the dealer Monday after work to figure out why the check engine, traction control and vehicle stability control lights are all on and why it stutters like it wants to die .
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »This evening I also took my intake off in anticipation of a trip to the dealer Monday after work to figure out why the check engine, traction control and vehicle stability control lights are all on and why it stutters like it wants to die .Hope it is nothing major causing your Vibe to perform so poorly. Yesterday I renewed the XM Radio subscriptions on my son's Vibe GT and the Wife's G8 GT . I have to admit that I'm probably one of the few who have NEVER had a problem with them ..... YET Here's how it went down:First off I got through IMMEDIATELY and was connected to a polite young man out of Texas (this met my first criteria of being in the US and speaking fluent English). Then I gave him my account info along with all of the radio ID numbers. Doing this shows him I'm on top of my game and thoroughly prepared to go ahead with the transactions. He then said I qualified for the "specials" (you know the ones they ONLY give you as a last resort to cancelling) and I agreed and we went ahead and extended the subscriptions to both cars. Now here's the best part ................................ The G8 GT had already expired on 7-01-2011 and I simply forgot about it until the wife told me that it was OUT in her car the other day, thus the reason for contacting XM in the first place. I gave her the car the 6-month plan for $29 which totaled $35.41 (Royalties, taxes, etc.) OK so far. Now onto the Vibe GT (hold on you're going to love this story). When he looked up the info on the Radio ID for the Vibe GT he hesitated, stuttered, and said "did you know that you have a CREDIT" on this radio? Being a bit shocked myself, I played along and said "Yeah but I wasn't sure how much credit I had" (Hey ... sometimes you have to be SLY!). He then told me I had $133.37 credit OK, now I'm glad I made this call. I then went ahead and put a year extension on the Vibe @ $77/year (totalled $91.xx with all the crap added). So far sooo real good But wait .................... it gets even better Below are my final numbers:G8GT ....... Original expiration date 7-01-2011, new expiration date 5-01-2012. That's 10 months for $35 Vibe GT ....... Original expiration date 9-01-2011, new expiration date 12-01-2012. That's 15 months for ........... FREE Packages were for XM Select. I have a hunch that this hidden "credit" may have been from the previous owner (bought the Vibe GT used back in April) and that this previous owner had a CC on file and in an auto-renew program (two BIG mistakes) so that when we purchased the Vibe, the old owner was still paying for the subscription ????? Who knows at this point! I called from the dealer in Cinci on the ON-Star phone while driving it home, to activate the radio (it was NOT active when test driving or taking delivery) and at that time there was no mention of any such credits applied. All I know is that I got one hellova deal Sory for the long dissertation, but that's is what I did for my Vibe today
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I gave her the day off. Ran 11.3 miles instead.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

LOL! That's awesome Tim !I've never had any issues when dealing with XM either. OnStar is another story though .
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I did a pretty thorough vacuuming of her interior, followed by a James May style dusting. If you've seen the Top Gear with the Alfa Romeo challenge when they were getting ready for the concourse competition, you'd know what I mean. I got in every crease with a paint brush and got the dirt/dust out, and even removed the gauge cluster bezel and wiped down the face of the cluster. It is REALLY clean and tidy inside. Now to clean the exterior :S Oh how I hate our dirt parking lot at work.
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »OnStar is another story though .Just renewed OnStar for one year at a promotional rate of $12/mo and they gave me 130 minutes for the phone for free.They told me to call back in a year and ask for the promo rate again.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
vibenvy

Re: (ehoff121)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ehoff121 »Just renewed OnStar for one year at a promotional rate of $12/mo and they gave me 130 minutes for the phone for free.They told me to call back in a year and ask for the promo rate again.That's a great deal, but I have no use for OnStar.I am currently sitting at the dealer waiting to hear what's causing the check engine, traction control and stability control lights to be on .
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

It rained. Hard. So hard that it was pretty much me and two other drivers which were a bit stupid/crazy enough to be out there. Everyone else was on the shoulder with their hazards on. As I was driving to work, I of hit a few DEEP puddles and knocked my alignment off :S Fantastic. Good thing I've got some free alignments lined up. But as least her exterior got cleaned after the interior job yesterday. I just took some new pics too!
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Put in a K&N air filter. Stupid thing was a Bi*ch to get fitted right.
vibenvy

Re: (09vGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Put in a K&N air filter. Stupid thing was a Bi*ch to get fitted right.All the more reason to get a K&N CAI ! The filter is much easier to install !Well, apparently the Vibe is just messing with me. When I arrived at the dealer yesterday the check engine and traction control lights were on solid and the vehicle stability control light was flashing. They pulled it in and read the 2 codes that it was throwing; P0172 and C1201. I'm not sure which is which, but they said one was for the ABS which was causing the traction and stability control lights to be on and the other was because the engine was running rich (too much fuel and not enough air) which was obviously causing the check engine light to be on. They thought it may be the MAF, so they checked it out. It was fine. Next they checked the air filter to make sure it was clean (I had removed the K&N CAI and re-installed the factory stuff to avoid any hassles). Well, the filter was clean of course because it was only on the car for a few months before I installed the K&N so it's basically a brand new filter . So, while the tech was messing around trying to figure out what the deal was, the lights just suddenly went out and stayed out . They cleared the codes and told me to let them know if they came back on and they'd get it back in. So far they have not come back on. Now I am worried it may be something related to the intake since the stock stuff is currently on and the lights are off. I will more than likely put the intake back on within the next few days and see what happens. My personal diagnosis... the Vibe is possessed! I'm surprised it didn't throw a 666 code at the dealer yesterday ! LOL!
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

just ordered a gatorback belt for the vibe. now as soon as that gets delivered i will just be waiting for a day to get rained out of work and ill go in and make use of the air tools and put on my lightweight pulleys and replace the belt, it is just now starting to squeal and its the factory belt...
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Finally took him in for the PCM recall. Got it all done in one day, but had to go back twice (wasted day off.)Went in this morning @ 7:20 for them to verify what I already knew and told them (of course.) It took them 1-1/2 hrs. They sent me home and told me to come back around 2PM.Somehow they found the replacement somewhere in the greater Austin area, got it in a few hours, I went back and they replaced it. That took another 2-1/2 hrs. That's why it was a wasted day. +/-4hrs at the dealship and another 60+ miles driving back and forth, but at least its done now.No difference detected in the way the car acts.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »All the more reason to get a K&N CAI ! The filter is much easier to install !I seriously was considering it, but I just couldn't justify spending $350.00 for only 9 extra hp.
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Drove it to my own funeral.Aaaand here I sit, waiting for the Algebra final to begin.
09vGT

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »Drove it to my own funeral.Aaaand here I sit, waiting for the Algebra final to begin. Good luck! College Algebra was a pain, but come to think of it so was Business Calculus. Thats as far up as I had to go!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »I seriously was considering it, but I just couldn't justify spending $350.00 for only 9 extra hp.Well, it's more than just 9 horsepower though. It also increases gas mileage (once you get over the phase of stomping on the gas to hear the intake ) and it makes the car sound more "alive" when accelerating. It's worth it... trust me .Also, the cheapest one on eBay is only $231.79 with free shipping .Well, I received what was supposed to be the 2010 silver shift indicator bezel from GM Parts Direct yesterday. Just as I feared, it was the 2009 black one instead . I just emailed them about it, but I'm sure they're probably going to tell me I'm SOL .I had a doctor's appointment in the suburbs yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed getting passed by everyone (including three first gen Vibes) while doing the speed limit of 55 on Interstate 88 . 30+ mpg FTW!
Speedqueen

Post by Speedqueen »

Loaded it up with groceries from Costco for a week of tent camping. Yark.
10 Vibe 1.8l, Manual, Red hot metallic (current)07 Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew cab (current)03 Monte Carlo SS 3.8l - 85 Merc Grand Marquis (cruise, tilt, bench)93 Grand AM Se 3.3l - 93 Geo Metro 1l87 GMC 1500 454 big block 85 Grand AM SE 6 cyl81 Celica GT - 76 Impala convertible hard top71 Gran Torino
tpollauf

Re: (Speedqueen)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by Speedqueen »Loaded it up with groceries from Costco for a week of tent camping. Yark. We have one in our town too and go there often Yesterday I had to add minutes to my Vibe "OnStar" phone. Seeing how it hasn't beem driven a whole lot since our son got his Vibe GT, I went to use it the other day, and the voice prompted me with this message "You have ZERO minutes remaining". (removed) This prompted me to look up my records and see what's up with that! Apparently the "year" that they are only good for had expired back in May Yet my Onstar subscription is still good till 2014 ... just not the calling minutes. Pressed the phone button on the rear view mirror to complain about this. After complaining, whining, and solidly stating my case, they gave me 160 minutes TOTALLY FREE which are good till 8-5-2012 Either I have a way with words, sound extremely confident, or just LUCKY, but I've had very good luck with both OnStat and XM Sirius since owning our newer GM vehicles. I just now need the time to get out and drive my Vibe
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
2002sportside

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by 2002sportside »

Sold it
2005 Moonstone Base Vibe 38k as of October, 2010 (41k as of 7-15-11)Moon & Tunes, power package, automatic, center console power port added
sbzero

Post by sbzero »

Hello fellow Vibe fanatics. This is my first post here, and I just felt like sharing that yesterday on my '09 AWD I dropped out he transmission pan, cleaned it and the magnets, replaced the transmission filter and gasket, and ran a 10 qt flush.
vibenvy

Re: (sbzero)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by sbzero »Hello fellow Vibe fanatics. This is my first post here, and I just felt like sharing that yesterday on my '09 AWD I dropped out he transmission pan, cleaned it and the magnets, replaced the transmission filter and gasket, and ran a 10 qt flush.Welcome to GenVibe! You should make an introduction post in the Vibe Lounge and include some pictures of your 09 AWD .
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I put 145 miles on the Vibe today just to get two pictures for the "Picture Challenge thread"!I took this on my way home from taking the Drive-In picture for the challenge thread...It's a V for Vibe ! Even Mother Nature loves Vibes !I also got passed by a lot of people today because I was only driving 55 .It paid off though as I got 32.4 mpg (that's with the factory intake as I haven't gotten around to putting the K&N back on after last week's visit to the dealer)!!!
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

This tank I'm taking it easy.... 65mph, no more... since this tank is going to be about 90%+ highway, we'll see what happens!!!

Attached files
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Last night I went on a pretty awesome drive at night. I totally believe Motorweek when they say this car makes a great grand tourer.
CAMOGIRL

Re: (KITT222)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Last night I went on a pretty awesome drive at night. I totally believe Motorweek when they say this car makes a great grand tourer. The Vibe's roadtrip-ablility is one of the many reasons I chose it, since everything is so far away and EVERYTHING is a road trip out here lol. Just got back from putting about 700 miles on, here. Whew.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Knocked off the dust, and then changed the cabin air filter!
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Got my head rests done!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I just got done removing the air intake resonator. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time and finally got around to it. I will post a how-to and pictures within the next few days.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

New windshield!!! No more cracks and chips!!! Oh... and also got 39.7mpg on the last tank...
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »New windshield!!! No more cracks and chips!!! Oh... and also got 39.7mpg on the last tank...CURSE YOU AND YOUR GOOD GAS MILEAGE!!!!!! After installing my K&N filter I checked my mileage and it was 26MPG 70/30 city/hwy. That up 2MPG'S!!!! :D
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »Got my head rests done!http://i1125.photobucket.com/a...9.jpg How did you do that? It looks great! Like something I want to do!