What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
zionzr2

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Saw this: http://satelliteradioplaygroun...rvice/ Looks like SiriusXM is free for the next two weeks- we might want to make a new thread to tell everyoneThat Explains it!! Only missed one day.... If it weren't for my battery issues I would never have known.KEWL!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

100,000 miles!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
star_deceiver

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Drove around in the snow after getting a list from my dentist (apparently I need a little work )... The Vibe's so much fun in the snow, can't wait 'till the lake freezes!!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
06pvibe

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »100,000 miles!COOL!! And how's she doing @ 100k? And a fairly warm 55* out too, huh? Decent weather for this time of year, eh?I just passed 60k in the Mazda this past week too. (Average only 9600 miles/yr?) Did her "every 10k" oil change last w/e.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Nothing to the Vibe lately, but Chris had to replace all the tires on his car... they were near the end of their life anyway (Original Tires the car was purchased with) when a tire got destroyed in a car wash from leftover debris from a previous vehicle. The car wash was extremely helpful and is reimbursing us in cash for the damaged tire, but that's still three more tires that weren't quite in the budget yet! Oh well, it'll drive better now anyway.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
lovemyraffe

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »COOL!! And how's she doing @ 100k? And a fairly warm 55* out too, huh? Decent weather for this time of year, eh? 55* is really warm. It was short lived. Now it is a balmy 23* with 40 mph winds blowing in a big winter storm. I'm loving every minute of it (except the wind).
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

wash, wash, wax. now all i need is a nice big glass of rum and a hammock.
http://
Whelan

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by Whelan »

Oil Change, Coolant top off, put driver's front fender liner back in place after a highway object took it off. Luckily it didnt fall off right away and I pulled off to get it in time.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
06pvibe

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »wash, wash, wax. now all i need is a nice big glass of rum and a hammock.Already there, Bud. The rum anyway. (A man after my own liver. ) 82* here right now, just got home from work 15mins ago, and if you've ever worked retail through the holidays, you would know why w/o being told.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Did my first drain & refill for the auto trans. Incredibly easy! Easier than an oil change. Old fluid didnt smell burned & wasnt really dark either ( so thats a good sign ). Nevertheless it was due because I did a flush 30K ago. New fluid smells nice & fresh with a healthy pink color. I love the feeling of knowing that there is brand new fluid in the trans. Stopped by the Toyota dealer yesterday & bought 4 quarts for $5.20 a peice. If I didnt know any better I would have went to Pontiac. Thanks Gen Vibe !!!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
vibedrivermatt

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

congratulations on the 100,000 miles milestone lovemyraffe! well I just had to work on my intake. I have a plumbing cap secured where theres supposed to be a silencer tank. Anyways it was held on there with duct tape but that jsut wasnt doin the job so I had to attach it with black silicone sealer. I put the updated info in my garage thread!! ummm as well as pictures because I'm a bit of a pic addict.
bassrocker032

Post by bassrocker032 »

Installed my new radio. Will have pics before long
2005 Vibe Base 148k milesK&N Air Filter in stock boxCustom Painted interiorCustom Painted Engine BayAftermarket driving lightsMuch more to come http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42124
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

My vibe just had its one year ownerversary on black Friday! Hopefully many more to come.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

WOW, Michele. ConVibeulations!! But I would have thought it to be longer... just felt that way based on your posts.I've been working at this on and off for a while now (had to build a porch and do some siding work in there somwewhere too,) but finally got the eyelids installed that I bought from Blue Crush.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »My vibe just had its one year ownerversary on black Friday! Many more to come.Happy Ownerversary Michelle (I fixed your quote for you )!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibenvy

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by vibenvy »

Finally got the brand new accelerator pedal asembly installed this past Monday in my Vibe. Also, picked up my mom's new driver's side GM all weather floor mat while I was there and had them order a new pedal assembly for her Vibe as well. Once hers is done, this recall nightmare will finally be over!I started the Vibe at work today and the damn tire pressure light was on, so I pulled it in the garage and checked the tires when I got home. The left front was at 28 and the other three were at 30. I filled them all to 32, started it and the light was off! I am now waiting for my mom to get home so I can check her tires.It's looking like the winter wheels will be going on this weekend .
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »It's looking like the winter wheels will be going on this weekend .Based on your NEW signature I'd say you got your winter steelies on "just in time" That looks like fresh Illinois powder your driving on now Tuesday I get mine on my Vibe and so far NO SNOW here in NW Ohio
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

I changed the oil on 11/24,then I havent drove it since. My vacation is over now so I gota go in tonight on 12/5. I hope it starts.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
vibenvy

Re: (TONY TAT2)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Based on your NEW signature I'd say you got your winter steelies on "just in time" That looks like fresh Illinois powder your driving on now Tuesday I get mine on my Vibe and so far NO SNOW here in NW OhioYep. I always wait until we actually get significant snow before I put them on (because the steelies are so ugly ). They were calling for snow beginning late Friday night so I got them switched over Friday evening. The 18s are all cleaned up and tucked safely away for the winter. We ended up getting about 6 inches between Friday night and Saturday morning. I couldn't resist stopping for a new signature picture on my way to get gas Saturday morning . Now I am in the process of trying to get my hands on another set of OEM Base model lug nuts and than when I get my income tax money back early next year I am going to order the wheel covers so the Vibes will look more respectable in the winter .
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Changed the oil, PP 5w20. Also cleaned the cabin air filter!Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Now I am in the process of trying to get my hands on another set of OEM Base model lug nuts and than when I get my income tax money back early next year I am going to order the wheel covers so the Vibes will look more respectable in the winter.IDK.... Looks pretty good without 'em!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

fresh oil and filter, and a new 02 sensor to replace the dead one was how i spent my last friday night
tpollauf

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by tpollauf »

Well I FINALLY got my Vibe ready for it's first winter here in NW Ohio Take note of all the snow we have on the ground After taking advise from everybody on this forum I purchased take off 16" Camry steelies ($50 each), a set of "Made in USA" Kelly Touring Gold A/S 205/55/16 tires ($97 each), and found a cheap set of wheel covers (as in $15 total on Ebay), and a full set of acorn lug nuts ($20). I was debating on going with dedicated snows OR a good set of A/S. I chose the A/S seeing how we don't get too much snow and they'll likely last longer over the 10 year life or so that I'll have them. These will likely only see 3000 miles max per winter so they will easily last me .... till retirement hammer: Now the original 18"'s are safely stored away till April The ride is smoother and it doesn't look all that bad Come on winter weather ................ I'm ready

DoubleBaril

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by DoubleBaril »

must be nice without snow yet. We've already had over 2 feet of the nice white stuff
2003 Vibe AWD
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (DoubleBaril)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I pulled my engine cover off to clean the hell out of it and give it some more clear coat, then I wetsanded/polished it. Now it's really shiny!I'll post pics of IT and my SRI later today when the sun comes up.lol
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

New rear tires and an alignment for mine today, and a car wash later.
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »IDK.... Looks pretty good without 'em!Yeah, for some odd reason I think the steelies look pretty good against the silver and the tinted windows. I am still going to get the OEM 2.4L wheel covers for an even nicer look though.Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Well I FINALLY got my Vibe ready for it's first winter here in NW Ohio Take note of all the snow we have on the ground After taking advise from everybody on this forum I purchased take off 16" Camry steelies ($50 each), a set of "Made in USA" Kelly Touring Gold A/S 205/55/16 tires ($97 each), and found a cheap set of wheel covers (as in $15 total on Ebay), and a full set of acorn lug nuts ($20). I was debating on going with dedicated snows OR a good set of A/S. I chose the A/S seeing how we don't get too much snow and they'll likely last longer over the 10 year life or so that I'll have them. These will likely only see 3000 miles max per winter so they will easily last me .... till retirement hammer: Now the original 18"'s are safely stored away till April The ride is smoother and it doesn't look all that bad Come on winter weather ................ I'm ready That does look really nice Tim ! Much better than our hideous steelies . Oh well, all that matters is our 18s are safe from salt, sand, etc.
modieselguy

Post by modieselguy »

Within the past month I had a faint smell of antifreeze after driving the car for longer than 5 minutes. It turned out my thermostat gasket was seeping between the outlet and the block. Took the time last night to flush the entire system, install a new thermostat, gasket and serpentine belt. All back to normal now and right as the weather is turning bad. I did front pads and rotors last week. I thought about switching my Cooper CS-4 tires over to a set of steelies and have my alloys bead blasted and repainted but I haven't come across a decent set so far.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I touched up and recolored my steering wheel Pontiac logo. I touched up the silver, and colored the red, black, so it is now silver and black.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

2nd drain & refill ( 2 of 3 ) for auto trans. As a side note I do not have a drain plug gasket & it hasnt leaked from the 1st drain & refill. Wish all maintenance jobs were this easy!
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I had my OEM battery replaced with "The Hulk" a bright green Interstate battery...lol. It sure is easy to spot, now...haha.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I removed the Vibe's cross bars, and broke the rear caps in doing so. We can fix them, but it's enough of a hassle to get them off that I don't think I want them back on.
vibenvy

Re: (KITT222)

Post by vibenvy »

I am at the dealer right now waiting for the new accelerator pedal to be installed in my mom's Vibe. Free high speed internet at the dealer FTW ! Recall nightmare = OVER!
dgekiere

Post by dgekiere »

got a new ac delco battery to replace the original, now i just got to put it in.also mounted 4 mud flaps on the other day
2003 VIBE GT, CONVERTING TO RALLY CAR. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=463112004 vibe gt magnaflow catback exhaust (bought totaled 9/06 with 1600 miles, fixed it and in love ever since2004 HONDA CBR1000RRASE Master certified mechanic
waveresponder

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today? (bodhi_tree777)

Post by waveresponder »

ordered 3 new cabin filters from logical source yesterday at work because upon checking the filter the other day i discovered what appears to be mouse nesting, today at work i opened it up and removed the filter and destroyed it in the process cuz even though im a guy i was squeemish that one of the lil critter might be alive, will have to makes sure theres nothing stuck at the bottom later before i install the new filter, this will only be the second time i changed the filter, sat radio is no longer working, the sound still comes through for regular radio and cds, hope the mouse didnt chew up any wires
burns

Post by burns »

I put in a new water pump. The old one was making a grinding noise for a few months, and it finally started leaking so I got on it. Wasn't too difficult, took maybe 2 hours. $50
vibenvy

Re: (burns)

Post by vibenvy »

It's currently about 50 degrees here in Sandwich so I am about to go out and hand wash the Vibes in the driveway. They will also both be getting a good coat of wax and an interior detail as well.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »It's currently about 50 degrees here in Sandwich so I am about to go out and hand wash the Vibes in the driveway. They will also both be getting a good coat of wax and an interior detail as well.Yeah, we're thinking of taking advantage of the weather up here as well to go out and install the new Hella Horns and radar detector, as well as check the tire pressure and most likely refil the tires on both cars. Chris' car needs a bath as well.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Did my annual clay bar treatment. I forget how it brings out the flakes in the paint ! Tomorrow I will wax it Megs NXT. Too much to do in one day!
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
A Psycho Martyr

haahaaa lulz....it's like 64 degrees down here in Bama! I'm throwing some Meguiars Gold Class Wax on Mr. Staypuft today!
06pvibe

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by 06pvibe »

Yup, know what u meen. It's 66* here as I write this, and weather-wise I couldn't be happier.Hey Psycho, how is Wal-Mart during this week of the year?We have been ABSOLUTELY SLAMMED this week. I am beat down to my socks and thensome.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Yeah, we're thinking of taking advantage of the weather up here as well to go out and install the new Hella Horns and radar detector, as well as check the tire pressure and most likely refil the tires on both cars. Chris' car needs a bath as well.New mods YAY !I washed my mom's Vibe, cleaned the interior and checked the tire pressure. I decided not to wax it because it didn't seem like it needed it plus the paint felt a little cool so I figured the wax probably wouldn't work as well as if the paint were warmer. As much as I'd like to wash mine, I decided it's not really worth it because if I have any running around to do this weekend it will just get dirty right away, so I'm just going to clean my interior later tonight and spray the exterior off at the car wash.
A Psycho Martyr

well as far as being really busy that ended two weeks ago for me as I work in the distribution center now. But I know what you mean... I was doing 14 hour days.
burns

Post by burns »

Had my Vibe towed to the dealer at around 1230am. I'm cruising along at 50mph and the engine just quit. 100% shut down, no warning, no nothing, like I turned the key off. Did a little research on the crackberry while I was waiting for the tow truck and realized it's the ECM. I also read that the official recall notice doesn't come out til Jan 14th, I hope my car doesn't have to sit at the dealer for 11 days!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by burns »Had my Vibe towed to the dealer at around 1230am. I'm cruising along at 50mph and the engine just quit. 100% shut down, no warning, no nothing, like I turned the key off. That sucks, but if so I would hope they would be required to provide a loaner car??? (Maybe?)I am hoping this only involves the automatic cars (no offense auto drivers) or my wife will probably drive ME nuts if it happens to her car.
burns

Post by burns »

Went to the Buick/GMC dealer today, I explained what had happened, gave him the fault code, and explained what I knew about the recall. I may as well have been speaking Swahili. He said they'll look at it. I went back 4 hours later, nothing. Talked to another guy, and we were on the same page. He called about getting the new ECM/PCM, knew about the upcoming recall, and hooked me up with a rental.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Waiting for the Vibe to come home Just celebrating my 400th post 4/10 the way to becoming a God. Whew I can hardly wait

A Psycho Martyr

Re: (tpollauf)

Well....I've said i'd do this for some time now....finally i did it. I got my windsheild banner today!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »Well....I've said i'd do this for some time now....finally i did it. I got my windsheild banner today! http://i132.photobucket.com/al...0.jpgNow there, my friends, is a dedicated member of the forum. Looks good Brandon. A custom job or were the graphics available from somewhere?
A Psycho Martyr

Custom jobAnd it's a friend of a friend who own a graphics shop that he actually isn't using.We got him out of the house today to open it up for us.If I can get a bunch of orders from friends I can use his shop. Just gotta make him some money and I get cheaper stuff
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr ». I got my windsheild banner today! Looks good Brandon If it were any bigger you wouldn't be able to see out the windshield I take it that it just steers clear out of the way of the windshield wipers so it won't get worn? Also, for where you're located, this shouldn't see much ice or snow to where it could get destroyed. Sharp