What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
06pvibe

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »hey 06pvibe since your down in Austin wanna drive up here to fort hood and wash my car also since your already washing yours lol Not a chance. Not a chance in h*ll would I drive an hour + up to Killeen to wash your car. There's NOTHING in Killeen except Fort Hood! (Boring.)I haven't even washed my own Mazda, or the wife's Vibe this w/e!! If you look, that was LAST WEEKEND.It's too f*ckin' hot/humid here today to do anything but watch the NASCAR race @ Pocono (my self-proclaimed "home track.")I used to go there regularly for IMSA, SCCA, NASCAR and especially CART racing, when it WAS CART racing, and when they raced there.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
HarleyQuinn

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

rofl i know i just figured i'd try, its boiling hot up here too, the temp tends to be about 2 degrees hotter up here though so maybe i'll wait till friday since saturday gotta a car show up in temple.
star_deceiver

Re: (HarleyQuinn)

Post by star_deceiver »

Did the tourist thing on my way back home from Red Deer, AB and stopped in Banff, AB... Met up with some people I used to work/drink with there!!!Some people never leave the party town...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Rotated the tires today after work.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Kamikaze

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by Kamikaze »

Washed, vaccumed, and put air in the spare tire tonight.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
BlueCrush

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by BlueCrush »

Had Boothwerks Bi-Xenon 6000K HID Heads and Fogs installed tonight. They came to me for the install. Gotta love mobile install services. Glad I had them do it, as it took him 2-1/2 hours, and he does it for a living.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Nothing, but a random lady who parked next to me went out of her way to say to me that I had a really nice looking car. Totally made my day.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Nothing, but a random lady who parked next to me went out of her way to say to me that I had a really nice looking car. Totally made my day. That's because you do have a really nice looking car Michelle ! That would have made my day too!
ou.grizzly

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Had Boothwerks Bi-Xenon 6000K HID Heads and Fogs installed tonight. They came to me for the install. Gotta love mobile install services. Glad I had them do it, as it took him 2-1/2 hours, and he does it for a living. Umm, pictures?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
BlueCrush

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Umm, pictures? Deja Vu?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Deja Vu?The same can be said for you!
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I'll try and get some this weekend.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I'll try and get some this weekend.I am going to have to change the title of the thread to "What did you do to your Vibe earlier this week?"
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »I am going to have to change the title of the thread to "What did you do to your Vibe earlier this week?" Or maybe "What did you do to your Vibe at some point in the past, which you just remembered now because this thread popped up again?"
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Or maybe "What did you do to your Vibe at some point in the past, which you just remembered now because this thread popped up again?" yeah..... sorry for bringing it back. i just did a sweet install and wanted to tell more people about it. was fun having in the car today! honking my air-horns and reving the louder engine after the hawk's win was awesome! maybe we shall edit the thread? no more routine work. mods only?
None. Vibe is gone.
bull77

Re: (tribalman)

Post by bull77 »

installed these yesterday
06pvibe

Re: (bull77)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »installed these yesterday NICE!!! They DO look good on the deep blue color.My only problem with silver or white painted wheels (as well as chromed ones) is the brake dust problem. I was ALWAYS cleaning mine... like every other day. I didn't have time or the inclination to mess with them all the time.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Last night, replaced the serpentine belt. Easy as a no-bake cheesecake.
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »NICE!!! They DO look good on the deep blue color.My only problem with silver or white painted wheels (as well as chromed ones) is the brake dust problem. I was ALWAYS cleaning mine... like every other day. I didn't have time or the inclination to mess with them all the time. thx -- they sit a little "in" on the rears though our caravans rims are pretty bad with brake dust -- the vibe not so much
star_deceiver

Re: (bull77)

Post by star_deceiver »

Changed the oil (Toyota 0w-20), air filter, and found the engine coolant drain (on the engine)!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
06pvibe

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »SEAT COVER INSTALL!!!As the saying goes, pictures or it didn't happen!! :lol:
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »As the saying goes, pictures or it didn't happen!! :lol:It did happen! See the following thread for pics:http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
06pvibe

Re: (engineertwin2)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by engineertwin2 »It did happen! See the following thread for pics:http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...age=2Cool! See? Now it happened. BTW A Psycho Martyr , do you realize that you last post here, the one about the seat covers, is 6~6~6? Ooooo, scary.
1SC

Post by 1SC »

Tonight after dinner, I went outside to wash my dad's 2006 Canyon. I first decided that since I had not washed my car in the last 2 weeks that I'd begin by doing a quick wash on the Vibe.I don't know what went wrong but after 1h45, I ended with a washed, glazed, waxed and dressed Vibe and a dirty Canyon ? Strange...Will have to try to go out and wash the Canyon tomorrow AM I guess...
06pvibe

Re: (1SC)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC »Tonight after dinner, I went outside to wash my dad's 2006 Canyon. I first decided that since I had not washed my car in the last 2 weeks that I'd begin by doing a quick wash on the Vibe.I don't know what went wrong but after 1h 45, I ended with a washed, glazed, waxed and dressed Vibe and a dirty Canyon ? Strange...Will have to try to go out and wash the Canyon tomorrow AM I guess...It a symptom of the disease. Don't try to fight it, just go with the flow....
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Checked for hail damage after getting caught in a storm.. Grr..
WooTinn

Post by WooTinn »

Calling right now to find the price of a brake light bulb. :/ i drove around for 8 days like that and no one has said anything. if I could just push the brakes and walk around the car at the same time... I could check it myself. But oh well. It's getting fixed today.
2003 Neptune Base1ZZ-FE 5 SpeedNeptune / GrayInvoluntary Custom body + suspension work :/35w HID's2 12" Rockford Fosgate P1's500w Rockford Fosgate Prime amp
vibenvy

Re: (WooTinn)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by WooTinn »i drove around for 8 days like that and no one has said anything. if I could just push the brakes and walk around the car at the same time... I could check it myself.Grab a brick or something else that's heavy and set it against the brake pedal, than walk around and check the brake lights . Or you could always find a large window on a store or somewhere and back in in front of it to be able to see the reflection of the brake lights. Just a couple things I have done in the past that I thought might help you out in the future .Yesterday I put the stock halogen bulbs (fog lights, low & high beams, reverse lights and license markers) back in both the GTs. I was just getting tired of the bulbs not matching i.e. exterior bulbs were whiter than interior bulbs (I'm just weird that way ). Not to mention after driving at night with the halogen bulbs, they seem to be just as bright as the Silver Stars were so why pay twice the price for Silver Stars. Anyway... I went to change the passenger side reverse bulb on my mom's GT and I ended up dropping the halogen bulb way down to where I couldn't reach it or even see it for that matter. Long story short, this morning I had to go out and remove 90% of the plastic in the cargo area just to get it out . The bulb still works and I didn't break anything or screw anything up removing and re-installing all those plastic pieces ! Go me! Than I detailed her interior and now I am going to go out and wash it in a little bit. Mine will be getting clay barred and waxed this weekend in preperation for the Indy meet that is quickly approaching.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »Mine will be getting clay barred and waxed this weekend in preperation for the Indy meet that is quickly approaching.I've been waiting to pull the trigger on claying again for the meet. I did so back in May, so I'm due. Plus, I just bought a ton of the quick detailer spray. I'll be able to use it rather liberally for the meet.
Steelies to the rescue.
vibenvy

Re: (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I've been waiting to pull the trigger on claying again for the meet. I did so back in May, so I'm due. Plus, I just bought a ton of the quick detailer spray. I'll be able to use it rather liberally for the meet. I should have clayed mine back in March or April, but the weather just hasn't wanted to coopertate and I have been procrastinating . I did my mom's GT back in May and it didn't really even need the claying being so new, but I did it anyway. I will probably have to go shopping for a few things before the meet so I am well stocked. I will have a huge tote tub with any and everything anyone could need for detailing, including a cigarette lighter powered vacuum . I am hoping I am not too tired Friday night when I arrive so I can give the Vibe a good handwashing. I don't want to be exhausted for the meet on Saturday from washing it Saturday morning . I want to be able sleep in on Saturday and just cruise over to the meet and hang out !
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I want to be able sleep in on Saturday and just cruise over to the meet and hang out ! I am HIGHLY considering Toasted7's painter's tape suggestion awhile back. I'll look ugly as sin on the highways with 30-40 feet of blue tape, but being able to just take the tape off the front bumper and maybe the lip of the hood instead of scrubbing dead bugs before the meet is very attractive!Maybe they make painter's tape in Abyss black...
Steelies to the rescue.
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Well my poor Vibe is currently lonely in an airport parking lot, probably feeling very dirty, sad, and unloved, but... I ORDERED THE INTAKE (from Amazon actually, it was about $30 more than the cheapest one but much faster shipping) so that will be coming in a week or so! Now we will see how much I have time to get done before the meet...
WooTinn

Post by WooTinn »

I blacked out my tail lights.
2003 Neptune Base1ZZ-FE 5 SpeedNeptune / GrayInvoluntary Custom body + suspension work :/35w HID's2 12" Rockford Fosgate P1's500w Rockford Fosgate Prime amp
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »I am HIGHLY considering Toasted7's painter's tape suggestion awhile back. I'll look ugly as sin on the highways with 30-40 feet of blue tape, but being able to just take the tape off the front bumper and maybe the lip of the hood instead of scrubbing dead bugs before the meet is very attractive!Maybe they make painter's tape in Abyss black... The painter's tape works well, but it would take a lot to cover the front of my GT and it would take a while to put on and take off . I think I'll stick with washing the Vibe when I get to Indy Friday night . With a good coat of wax, the bugs should come off fairly easily.Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Well my poor Vibe is currently lonely in an airport parking lot, probably feeling very dirty, sad, and unloved, but... I ORDERED THE INTAKE (from Amazon actually, it was about $30 more than the cheapest one but much faster shipping) so that will be coming in a week or so! Now we will see how much I have time to get done before the meet...No need to feel bad, the exterior of my GT is disgusting. There are so many bugs on the front bumper it's not even funny. Everytime I plan on washing it, there are bad storms that move into the area, but it's getting washed and all this weekend no matter what .If you need any help with the intake, let me know. If nothing else, I could install it for you in Indy. I could bring all the necessary tools with me and do it Friday night when we arrive .Quote, originally posted by WooTinn »I blacked out my tail lights. Looks good !
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

^^^^^ What did you use to black them out?
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (09vGT)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Did this yesterday, but I took the billet grille out and polished it then put it back in. Nice and shiny for the meet Here's a pic of mine w/ the stock grille
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I got paint all over a seat!!!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
jkm311

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by jkm311 »

Did it already dry? Hairspray, then mild soap and warm water.Still wet? Carefully scrape away what you can with a stiff, flat edge, then mild soap and water. Might need a steam-cleaning to completely remove the remnants afterward... EDIT: Latex, right? Enamel? Hopefully not oil...
Steelies to the rescue.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by Wolfman213 »I got paint all over a seat!!!you're in my prayers
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »you're in my prayers lol, it was intentional though Waiting to get the other one done first before I take any pics.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Scrubbed some of the bugs off the front of my car (using Method and a soft kitchen sponge, actually) and touched up some of the more blaringly obvious paint chips, and was sad about the front-end damage to the car from all the road trips. Stared longingly at the new K&N Intake and Caliper Paint sitting on my office floor right now... and bought some final supplies for cleaning, fixing, and....... painting....!?!?!??? muahahaha...
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »Stared longingly at the new K&N Intake and Caliper Paint sitting on my office floor right now... Kinda reminds you when you were a child staring at the Christmas presents under the tree FOREVER, but couldn't open them up till Christmas I was going to start working on my NEXT mod BUT instead I watched my Vibe drive off into the sunset (actually it went EAST) as the wife & boy headed to western New York for the holiday weekend. Her G8 Gt had a lower control arm ball joint on it's way out and wasn't discovered till late last night so she had to take my Vibe Oh well, I should have some NICE mpg numbers to record when they return... that is IF she drove it CLOSE to the speed limits
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
1SC

Post by 1SC »

I ordered some badge overlays from Grafxwerks for the Vibe today. Will post pictures when I get them.Also rewashed it (again... I do it every week) and cleaned the interior (this had not been done in the past 2 months).
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Here are my plans for tomorrow if all goes well (this is just a photoshop- stole image of the intake from J_TO_ENVY's car domain for mockup purposes!)
1SC

Post by 1SC »

This should looks great ponta !I'm sure you won't forget the pictures when your done, right ?
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Pictures when I am done- you asked and I answered! Check my garage now for the latest and greatest.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Coolant flush & refill. It has been overdue a year...nothing too exiting but needed to be done....LOL....
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I was going to change the upper & lower hoses as well but I was just too damn tired lol. I inspected the hoses & they look in good shape. Also checked the front pads since I had the jack out. Im good for another 2 years for coolant now. Next will be trans fluid & plugs. Im approaching the 100K mark !!! Looking to keep the Vibe in top shape. Car has been great mechanically.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on