went in for an inspection and left with............

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
GoodVibErations2004

went in for an inspection and left with............

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

a GINORMOUS dent in my passenger side fender just above the fender flare. i told the shop about it and they said to come in and have the manager look at it the next day(I didnt notice the dent till i got home) so today I was supposed to go see them. but instead I installed the system I bought on my way home yesterday(before i noticed said dent)....... 1000watt amp and 2 10 inch subs. photos will be posted as soon as I can get some good shots..... all spx audio, and of course my pioneer supertunerIII that has seen the inside of 6 different cars. it sounds pretty decent. BUT! i am still pissed at MONRO..... they've always been relatively good to me, and i can accept that accidents happen...... but freakin tell me about it and then fix it. or fix it and dont tell me. i dont freakin care. as you can see im a lil flustered right now(even though this happened yesterday) but i wont be able to bring the car back to them until wednesday. tomorrow a friend and I are getting together to do my front brakes. bought ceramic pads. and then searching for a new job seeing as how mine sux. lol. pictures of said system laterThe GIANT dentThe 400W amp(soon to be wired in line with another 300watt jensen amp)The 2 10IN subs in a sealed boxThe nice little decal that came with the whole setup
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

That sucks man. Hopefully it all works out for you. I look foward to seeing your system when you have it all hooked up!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Caretaker

Re: went in for an inspection and left with............ (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by Caretaker »

Yep, my dealer dinged up my wheel well by hitting a floor jack when they were doing final checkout on my brand new vehicle. They did a good job fixing it, but it was just another saga in a made-for-TV-movie about me and GM since last July.
GoodVibErations2004

well i took some pictures but ive been really busy and havent had the chance to get them online yet. soon i will upload the dent and the system. gotta clean my baby up a lil first
808 Vibes

Re: (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Oh no!! I know how you feel GRRRR. I hope it gets setteled ASAP.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
GoodVibErations2004

Re: (HawaiiPontiacLover)

BUMP for pix of dent and system(which still needs work, but its shaping up)
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Yeah. Call the BBB, call your insurance company, and call the owner of the place. Press hard till they pay.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Grecco189

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Grecco189 »

You should be able to find a good Paintless Dent Repair man (PDR) to get that out for you. But if you can get them to pay for it get the quote from a body shop. They will quote you more and you can keep the difference for the headache they caused you.
markt484

Post by markt484 »

I love the "steal me" sticker on the back
06 VibePioneer AVIC-F90BT6.5 Infinity Reference SpeakersInfinity Reference 475A 4-Channel Amp8' Stock replacement Kicker SubK&n Ram Intake
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Take the fender off, or have it taken off and pop the dent back out. A lot better then paint and filler.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Sucks about the dentSweet about the system though... We'll have to talk, over in the audio section... You know you've got a giant target painted on the back of your car now, right? Living where you live, I wouldn't expect it to last very long like that... I used to live in Buffalo, so I know.. I don't want to sound like donny downer, but mounting the amp on the back of the seat, dude.. Please, come over to the audio section and lets talk options, k... Don't worry to much about the dent, it's just a car, and it's easily fixed.. if the paint doesn't crack, you might get away with "painless" dwnt removal.. if it does, you may end up with a new fender.. Cheers.. !1And for future reference, I wouldn't trust Monro as far as I could throw them, even for an inspection... When I lived out there, I always tried to use a good "mom-n-pop" shop, was very polite and tipped well... I always got taken care of... one would think an inspection would be difficult to botch, but, i've seen it a few times... Like quick oil places, after a few drain plug horror stories, i do my own thanks.. lol.. I can see what happened with your fender, I think... Jack handle... It got swung up and crushed the fender, but hardly touched the flare, due to the angle.. EDIT:maybe not due to location..
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Looks like someone leaned against it, they dent in like that pretty easy. I would go with the above suggestion of either pulling the fender and trying to pop it back out that way or getting one of the suction dent pullers and trying it that way. Should be an easy fix as long as it doesn't crease.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
breezd

Post by breezd »

I've got a dent identical to that. No clue where it came from for me though
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock