Cabin Air Filter Direction

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
BaseViber03

Cabin Air Filter Direction

Post by BaseViber03 »

I changed my cabin filter today on my 03 base vibe but was'nt sure which way the arrows on the now bosch fitler were supposed to be pointing. It is written on the side air flow with arrows next to it. Shold they be facing down or up (which way does the air flow if you are looking at the cabin filter compartment up or down?. Thanks
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

My Appologies !!! Edit: Arrow points down!
Guy in PHX

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Guy in PHX »

I' would double check that info, to be sure .If the air is drawn into the plenum from the cowling above the fan, then the air flow is from top to bottom, so arrow down. Isn't that why the debris on the filter accumulates on the top?
Just Passin' Thru
2003 Vibe/2009 Nissan Cube
kevera

Re: Cabin Air Filter Direction (BaseViber03)

Post by kevera »

Arrows are always pointing in direction of air flow.So the air is coming in,not out.Install with arrow pointing down.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
BaseViber03

Post by BaseViber03 »

Thanks, down it is!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

i don't know about yours but mine is full proof... it's written right on the side of the filter.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.