The Great How-To Maintenance Index!

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
zionzr2

The Great How-To Maintenance Index!

Post by zionzr2 »

THE GREAT DIY MAINTENANCE INDEX!This will be an index of DIY Maintenance procedures and their HOW-TO’s!This page will have direct links to these how to topics no matter where they may reside on these forums. This page may be changing often as the list grows so please check back often. Please do NOT reply to this topic, but if you have, know of, or see a HOW-TO, Please PM (Private-Message) me the thread and I’ll add the link to this list. Moderators please keep this as a Sticky.THANK YOU! Front Brake Job Other Brake related Info. TIP - Pulling Rear Brake Drum Rear Differential Fluid Change Manual Tranny Fluid Change Cabin Filter Change Oil Change Rear Wiper Blade Replacement Clutch Replacement Spark Plug Change OEM Radio Backlight replacement ATF Tranny Fluid Change Washer Fluid Pump Removal Fuel Filter Change Front Transfer Case Fluid Change How-To: Cleaning MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor Chassis lube, Manual Tranny '09+ How-to replace PCV Valve -------------------Disclaimer: All DIYs are done at-your-own-risk. GenVibe, the moderators, myself, or the How-To creators take no responsibility or provide any warrantee or guarantee for maintaining your vehicle in any matter. Again MAINTAIN AT YOUR OWN RISK.Updated 6:33pm CST 2/25/2011
bull77

Post by bull77 »

B U M P thanks Bill for the updates
Cliffm10

Re: The Great How-To Maintenance Index! (zionzr2)

Post by Cliffm10 »

I have been searching around the sight and can not find any information on performing a "tune up". My guess is that only the plugs need to be changed? Replacing wires, coil pack etc. is not part of routine maintenance? Any advise is appreciated.Thanks
andy500

Re: The Great How-To Maintenance Index!

Post by andy500 »

I am getting a server error whenever I click on any of the maintenance links. :?
truckerick

Re: The Great How-To Maintenance Index!

Post by truckerick »

I am getting a server error whenever I click on any of the maintenance links. :?
Yeah the links don't work for me either
ctgottapee

Re: The Great How-To Maintenance Index! (zionzr2)

Post by ctgottapee »

Cliffm10 wrote:I have been searching around the sight and can not find any information on performing a "tune up". My guess is that only the plugs need to be changed? Replacing wires, coil pack etc. is not part of routine maintenance? Any advise is appreciated.Thanks
Coil packs take the place of traditional plug wires (the pack refers to the wiring and plug and coil to the wire) - replace only on failure. you can check/ clean the contact points; google for ideas. It is so darn easy on these cars. just know your torques. The clips that attach the permanent wires to the coil packs can be brittle so be careful removing them.