What did you do to your Vibe today?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
tpollauf

Re: What did you do to your Vibe today?

Post by tpollauf » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Finally got the new CV halfshaft axles installed on my 2004 Vibe GT. I have to confess though due to me working 7-10's continuous lately, I had my buddy who owns an automotive shop perform the work. All I can say is WOW ... what a difference !!!. So today I was cruising south on I-75 and the ride was so smooth that I was doing over 80 (3400 RPM roughly on the six speed tranny) and didn't even realize it. Quickly backed it down as Ohio has one of the worst states for getting pulled over by the highway patrol as they are everywhere on major interstates :o I provided the parts (thanks to RockAuto) and they only charged me $175 for the labor. This included tire rotation, topped off all fluids, added tranny lube (lost some when one of the axles was removed) and an oil change (I provided oil & filter). Car is at a young 139k miles now and drives like brand new :D
"everything is modifiable"

cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:27 pm

tpollauf wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 pm
Finally got the new CV halfshaft axles installed on my 2004 Vibe GT. I have to confess though due to me working 7-10's continuous lately, I had my buddy who owns an automotive shop perform the work. All I can say is WOW ... what a difference !!!. So today I was cruising south on I-75 and the ride was so smooth that I was doing over 80 (3400 RPM roughly on the six speed tranny) and didn't even realize it. Quickly backed it down as Ohio has one of the worst states for getting pulled over by the highway patrol as they are everywhere on major interstates :o I provided the parts (thanks to RockAuto) and they only charged me $175 for the labor. This included tire rotation, topped off all fluids, added tranny lube (lost some when one of the axles was removed) and an oil change (I provided oil & filter). Car is at a young 139k miles now and drives like brand new :D
Thats great to hear.I didnt think new CV joints would make the ride smoother. At 260K My boots are torn....so im waiting for the infamous CLICK....CLICK on turns, so i guess I have a smoother ride to look forward to upon replacing :lol:
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:50 pm

cptnsolo77 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:27 pm
tpollauf wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:06 pm
Thats great to hear.I didnt think new CV joints would make the ride smoother. At 260K My boots are torn....so im waiting for the infamous CLICK....CLICK on turns, so i guess I have a smoother ride to look forward to upon replacing :lol:
I've gone through four or five CV joints over the years. If the boots are torn, you need to either get new boots on there (there's a boot kit that wraps around), or replace them. They don't always grind/click on the turns - until your wheel is about to come off.

cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 am

Did this all in Dec but failed to post.

Replaced the front and side engine mounts .
All OEM Toyota replacments from here: https://parts.conicellitoyotaofconshohocken.com/

How to replace all engine mounts:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47246&p=527091#p527091

Also replaced rear brakes:

Parts: Disregard what Amazon says....it DOES fit the Vibe.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074R ... UTF8&psc=1
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on

petervivian

Post by petervivian » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:19 am

Finished a 2500 mile trip in 3 days in last week. Gas tank being too small is still the only complaint.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)