Has anyone used Peak synthetic ATF?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
jolt

Has anyone used Peak synthetic ATF?

Post by jolt »

I was looking for ATF replacement fluid that would meet Toyota WS standards. I found that Peak makes a full synthetic ATF that they "Also recommended for use in the following applications: Toyota Type T
Toyota Type T-II
Toyota Type T-III
Toyota Type T-IV (JWS 3309)
Toyota Type WS (Hybrid)
Toyota Type WS (JWS 3324)"

Here is a link to a PDF doc for the product: http://images.peakauto.com/PEAK%20FS%20 ... n%20LV.pdf

This fluid is available at Advanced Auto Parts for $5.99/qt. Has anyone here used this? The MSD sheets on it look to have comparable specs to Amzoil Synthetic and Toyota WS fluid but not the exact same.
Chiadog

Re: Has anyone used Peak synthetic ATF?

Post by Chiadog »

I don't think I've heard of anyone using Peak ATF, but I believe several here are using Castrol Multi-import ATF which meets T-4 and many more specs. I've seen the Castrol at Walmart and I expect to use it on my gen1 at my next ATF exchange.
triz

Post by triz »

Cant say I know anyone who has. Amsoil makes a great transmission fluid though. I am biased :mrgreen:
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only
jolt

Post by jolt »

Thanks for the replies.

The Castrol Multi-import ATF does meet the T-IV spec for the gen1 Vibes but does not list the WS spec for the gen2 Vibes.

Amzoil has great products that I have used in the past but at ~$13/qt is up there with the Toyota ATF.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

BMW ATF is only $34 a quart ;)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
triz

Post by triz »

jolt wrote:Thanks for the replies.

The Castrol Multi-import ATF does meet the T-IV spec for the gen1 Vibes but does not list the WS spec for the gen2 Vibes.

Amzoil has great products that I have used in the past but at ~$13/qt is up there with the Toyota ATF.
I PM'ed you. You do get a discount for being on Genvibe. You just have to use my referral code, not be assigned to another Amsoil dealer and PM me when its complete.
http://lubedealer.com/mr2ner/home.aspx Please use ZO#5172967
Member discounts when you sign up as Preffered Customer. New Amsoil Customers only