NO Supercharger from TRD I call them

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
flash{sbt}

NO Supercharger from TRD I call them

Post by flash{sbt} »

Called TRD today and they said that there was no development of a supercharger for the Matrix/Vibe or Celcia GTS engine. I call this # 1-800-688-5913. I spoke to someone in sales, and they said that there are no plans to make a TRD supercharger. This really sucks and Toyota is going to miss out on some major sales. I don't even want my vibe anymore unless I can tune it, to compete with other cars on the road. Guess I will have to find someone that can put a turbo on my vibe.
old man winter

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (flash{sbt})

Post by old man winter »

There must be a way for the Vibe/Matrix and Celica owners to lobby Toyota for this. At The rate of sales for the Vibe/Matrix and the existing Celica owners the numbers should justify the super/turbo chargers.
d_m_kolb

Post by d_m_kolb »

West Corvine Toyota has your forced induction so don't worry.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... =2019#2019
flash{sbt}

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (d_m_kolb)

Post by flash{sbt} »

I live in Florida so what option do I have?? I can't drive to CA. just for a Turbo kit? I don't know anybody here in FL that could install this. That is why I wanted TRD to sell one.
DVDvibe

Post by DVDvibe »

Any other companies out there planning to do one vortec, ati, powerdyne?
ChuckP

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (DVDvibe)

Post by ChuckP »

I would be very surprised if a company decided to make a supercharger or turbo for the 2zz-ge engine, its very hard and risky to run forced induction on a STOCK high compression motor. The rods, pistons, and valve train don't like that very much.
2003 Vibe GT Neptune(blue), TRD exhaust, TRD air filter
NovaResource

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (ChuckP)

Post by NovaResource »

Yeah, but I want one for my 1ZZ engine!
d_m_kolb

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (d_m_kolb)

Post by d_m_kolb »

West Covina is also making a turbo for the 2ZZ-GE engine so all you GT owners will also have forced injection so again don't worry.If a person has any knowledge about vehicles they can probably install the West Covina Toyota turbo kit themselfs with the help of a friend. I gues the instructions will leave nothing to guess. If your afriad to do it your self there are many garages that can install it for you. Look in your yellow pages and start calling. Call a few speed shops and ask who they recommend. Or call a local drag strip they all ways know of places that do this kind of work.So even if you don't live in CA. you can still have your turbo installed.
cohocarl

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (NovaResource)

Post by cohocarl »

quote:Yeah, but I want one for my 1ZZ engine!I'll take one also.....
Frosty

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (cohocarl)

Post by Frosty »

quote:Yeah, but I want one for my 1ZZ engine!I'll take one also.....Maybe you will get your wish.....From: http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021017-2.htm GM to show supercharged Ecotec engine at SEMA show Las Vegas, Nevada - High-performance variants of GM cars and trucks will headline the General Motors display at this year's 2002 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, November 5-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. GM's exhibit will feature a lineup of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac and Saturn vehicles with performance and appearance upgrades made possible by GM's newly formed Performance Division. In addition, show-goers will see a collection of brand-directed special vehicles just released from the GM "Toy Box." Among the performance-oriented initiatives on the exhibit floor will be several cars that explore the potential for GM's global Ecotec inline four-cylinder engine. Supercharged versions of the Ecotec will be featured in the Chevy Cavalier Z-24 as well as in the Pontiac Sunfire GX/P. "GM is focused on building vehicles that customers feel they must own," says Gary Cowger, president of GM North America. "And our SEMA display is pure proof. We have products that will appeal to enthusiasts in every segment, especially customers driven by performance and customization."
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
d_m_kolb

Re: NO Supercharger from TRD I call them (Frosty)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Since the Vibe uses a Toyota engine it's going to be their call on if the 1ZZ is ever going to be Super or Turboed with a option from a dealer. Unless it's West Covina Toyota whos making there own.