Boost Sensor required? Tune settings?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vvtiDavid

Boost Sensor required? Tune settings?

Post by vvtiDavid »

Hey guys I have finished up my SC build on my 05' Vibe fwd and have my appointment this Wednesday for dyno and tuning to make it road worthy.

I think I had done everything but may have looked something over?
I was wondering can the tune be done with my Greddy Emanage ultimate, aem uego a/f ratio gauge and I have a analog boost pressure gauge installed.
Is it all good to tune without a boost sensor installed? I figure it's alright without since it's pushing avg. 8-9 psi max.

LMK what you guys think and if you've done the tune without a boost sensor in place.
And if anyone has some good tune settings to start with I'd appreciate if you could send em' to me!
And would there be a big difference tuning at 91 octane vs 93 octane?

BTW the setup I'm running.
05' FWD Vibe 5 speed
91 octane
TRD SC - stock pulley
160 degree thermostat
DeatschWerks Fuel Injector- 370cc
NGK BKR7EIX Iridium Spark Plugs gap .030''
short ram intake
DC headers
Salsa Guy

Re: Boost Sensor required? Tune settings?

Post by Salsa Guy »

A boost sensor would be nice to the Greddy EMU but not really needed. Do you have the wideband wired into the EMU? I had both the AEM Wideband and the Boost Sensor Wired into the EMU and also had digital displays. Again they are not needed but with data logging on the EMU, it's nice to have all the info in one log file.

I'm interested in seeing how they deal with the stock A/F sensor. If it's not spoofed correctly the stock ECU will fight the EMU for control.

Good Luck!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

vvtiDavid wrote:Hey guys I have finished up my SC build on my 05' Vibe fwd and have my appointment this Wednesday for dyno and tuning to make it road worthy.

I was wondering can the tune be done with my Greddy Emanage ultimate, aem uego a/f ratio gauge and I have a analog boost pressure gauge installed.
Is it all good to tune without a boost sensor installed? I figure it's alright without since it's pushing avg. 8-9 psi max.

LMK what you guys think and if you've done the tune without a boost sensor in place.
And if anyone has some good tune settings to start with I'd appreciate if you could send em' to me!

05' FWD Vibe 5 speed
91 octane
TRD SC - stock pulley
160 degree thermostat
short ram intake
DC headers
Do you mean a MAP sensor? (a manifold absolute pressure sensor)
If the Greddy doesn't get a signal showing the boost and amount of boost, it will be flying blind. The adjustments will happen too late or not at all, and the fuel will go lean. You should have a MAP sensor and it should be plugged directly into the Greddy. I believe a 2bar MAP will suffice. If it is like my Blue, there is a plug for the MAP sensor.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Salsa Guy wrote:I'm interested in seeing how they deal with the stock A/F sensor. If it's not spoofed correctly the stock ECU will fight the EMU for control.

Good Luck!
Yes, you must be careful not to let the stock ECU force lean conditions. The stock ECU wants the car to run exactly like stock. NO MATTER WHAT. EVER. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUbxWGGtHyk#t=0m10s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vvtiDavid

Post by vvtiDavid »

Salsa Guy wrote:A boost sensor would be nice to the Greddy EMU but not really needed. Do you have the wideband wired into the EMU? I had both the AEM Wideband and the Boost Sensor Wired into the EMU and also had digital displays. Again they are not needed but with data logging on the EMU, it's nice to have all the info in one log file.

I'm interested in seeing how they deal with the stock A/F sensor. If it's not spoofed correctly the stock ECU will fight the EMU for control.

Good Luck!
hotbug1776 wrote:
vvtiDavid wrote:Hey guys I have finished up my SC build on my 05' Vibe fwd and have my appointment this Wednesday for dyno and tuning to make it road worthy.

05' FWD Vibe 5 speed
91 octane
TRD SC - stock pulley
160 degree thermostat
short ram intake
DC headers
Do you mean a MAP sensor? (a manifold absolute pressure sensor)
If the Greddy doesn't get a signal showing the boost and amount of boost, it will be flying blind. The adjustments will happen too late or not at all, and the fuel will go lean. You should have a MAP sensor and it should be plugged directly into the Greddy. I believe a 2bar MAP will suffice. If it is like my Blue, there is a plug for the MAP sensor.
So tuning was done last week and it's been driving fine.
No the wideband was not hooked up to the EMU during tuning, we unplugged the stock O2 sensor, and he hooked up a boost line to the system he was using so he could have it for display/reference.
But a couple of things, he said no matter what he tried to do at WOT at below 3000 rpm it's actually too rich so he advised below 3000 only to do up to half-throttle and then I could floor it. He recommended to also get water/meth kit hooked up to help with my too rich problem.

Any remedies or other things I should add to help solve this problem so I can do WOT whenever I want?
And here's the final dyno btw
Attachments
scan2.1.jpg
scan2.1.jpg (242.3 KiB) Viewed 3166 times