AEM FIC tuning help

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
millsracing

AEM FIC tuning help

Post by millsracing »

Hello,
I finally got my FIC hooked up and have the car running fairly well. I have a stumble in the range of 1800-2300 RPM that comes under mid load and not quite positive pressure on the gauge. It has a feeling of a major bump when letting off throttle in the same RPM range when coming off boost. The AEM manual does not discuss the "clamp" very well and I'm quite certain that I can tune most of the issues out of the car if I understand how the clamp is applied, then I might adjust its voltage point as well along with the fuel and timing tables. Anyone have any advice related to this?

Thanks
Eric
revstohigh

Re: AEM FIC tuning help

Post by revstohigh »

I was messing with the clamp on mine just yesterday aem has a bunch of vids on youtube. That are very helpful. I found that even changing my maf map a little had very bad results. Instead i just set the max voltage in the set up menu . I used the datalogger to find my v range . On my engine maf voltage never went above 3.85 so i set my. Max voltage to 3.9 and left it on percentage.

Ps what is the rest of the set up. If it is similar to mine w 550cc inj i have a variety of tunes you can try just pm me for fi6 files. I have my maps set to idle at 15afr mid 12's for 0-3psi and 11.5 for 4-10psi
I also have maps that arnt as fine tuned but can go to 15psi
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

Ps i had that stumble to i fixed it by adding atleast .3 v to the v offset on 02 maps in the low load under 4k range so the ecu wouldnt have such high trims . Did pretty. Much the opposite for the boosted area . But beware the narow band 02 maps are really. Touchy
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I would think on the 1st Gen 1zz Vibe 03-04 and the 03-06 2zz Vibe you would want a negative voltage offset to make the ECU think the it's in stolich.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

negative on the boosted area but positive on the low load and idle area other wise if you pull fuel the trims are high i left the row between zeroed out
keep in mind the 2zz in stock form idles very lean or atleast mine did.......
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

I take back what I said about positive numbers off boost I retuned my car today and found a winning combonation .
first tune your fuel till it close ,also mess with your injector pulse width (mine seemed to like 486). then get maf logs with the engine running naturally aspirated , then set the maf clamp. after that you can find your fine adjustments on the fuel mp for open loop , finally add voltage to the o2 table when in boost .

the maf must be clamped otherwise the car will run very strange after seeing boost on the highway.
the 02 tables need to hav voltage added (around -3.5)therwise you will run extremely lean when pulling a hill at part throttle when boost kicks in
I have found any other order will leave you with high trims and or a tune that acts diff after being run for a day or 2

if any one needs maps or logs I have mine set up for 8-10 psi with a t3/to4e making over 250 hp to the wheels
ive got my idle at 14-15.5 , my cruising afr between 13 & 16 (it fluctuates a bit but deff safe and responsive , wot afr is 11.5-12 and ecu fuel trim is +or- 6%
pm me for files or help ive spent the last week getting familiar enough with this unit to get more power and better trims than the dyno tuner did so im pleased with the results !!!