help with wiring on 08 and supercharged

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
millsracing

help with wiring on 08 and supercharged

Post by millsracing »

Hello

Anyone out there good at debugging issues with using a Boomslang harness for AEM FIC? The issue is if I leave the stock ecu hooked up to stock harness car runs well no heavy throttle driving. Now if I plug everything and plug in harness, the car won't really rev and cannot really take a load while in drive (automatic trans) I have the FIC bypass harness in place. If I plug in the FIC it is a tad better but I get codes P2237 and P0102. Exhaust definitely smells different so the code for O2 sounds right. I have already had Boomslang check harness and rerouted one ground wire for TPS. This part of the supercharger install has been awful with trying to deal with wiring of FIC. If anyone has experience with similar setup, please let me know what has been the route to fix this.

Sincerely
Eric
08 Vibe 1ZZ with Auto trans
mac99d

Re: help with wiring on 08 and supercharged

Post by mac99d »

Has the AEM been tuned for the car?
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Sounds like the MAF and O2 signals are Messed up. If I remember correctly the 03-04 and the 05+ are wired differently. I know the O2 is different and the MAF are. So is your Boomslang for a 03-04 or for a 05+
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
millsracing

Post by millsracing »

Harness supposed to be for 2005+

Already sent back to Boomslang once.

To answer earlier post, AEM is not tuned yet as the car will not run correctly to start "true" data logging. It only has base program set. Car will not upshift unless you lift the throttle to almost none. Once you try to rev the car will downshift and will not load up. Feels like in limp mode or something like valet mode might describe this best. Exhaust has a smell not on the rich side, maybe more like lean.

I checked the O2 wiring for boomslang and seems to be in the correct pin, but I have not verified that the car has the same pinout.

At this point I'm ready to which to another solution that will allow me to tune the car. If anyone suggestions are welcome.

Eric
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

This is how I think the wiring should be. I'm not sure about the resistor for the O2. Also there are some 2.2K Between the Crank and Cam signals to the Crnk/Cam GND that some ECUs need. Sounds like your running in safe mode which would leave me to believe your MAF signal is hosed to the ECU.

Good Luck

Here's the Pin-out for the ECU
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
millsracing

Post by millsracing »

Thank you very much for diagrams, they help in debugging this deal. Eric
millsracing

Post by millsracing »

I already see an error in the AEM wiring, both cam pos sensor and o2 are calling out the same pin (E-24). Harness is wired with O2 to E-24 not the E-29 shown from Corolla manual. Does the AEM site have these wiring diagrams posted? I was unable to find them in a search and I would like to get a bigger picture of diagram to print on larger paper.

Thanks

Eric
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

They have the diagrams for the 03-04 but not the 05+ I made the one for the 05+. Now the 03-06 4WD/AWD are the same as the 03-04 FWD.