AEM fic wiring help ?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
revstohigh

AEM fic wiring help ?

Post by revstohigh »

I have yet to install the unit yet . I am very tech savy , but have limited wiring knowledge due to the fact that i am color blind . i know they have a plug and play adapter for the 2zz but its $300 so if possible myself and a buddy who can see color are going to install it . my question is does anyone have a link to an install guide ? video ,pics, a write up, even a diagram of ecu wiring anything that might help ?

thanks in advance to anyone with helpfull info
the sooner this is in the sooner i go turbo !
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
revstohigh

Re: AEM fic wiring help ?

Post by revstohigh »

looks like ill be ordering the plug n play harness lol
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
mburger49

Post by mburger49 »

Still have wiring questions?
I am in the middle of installing a new radio in my 03. It looks like there is an amplifier under the passenger seat. Surprise to me. Luckily I did a temporary hook up to see if I had all the hook ups right. I guess you do hook up the blue/white stripe wire.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Check on MO or C9. The is a guy selling a Bomslang harness that can be adapted to the AEM FIC and 2zz. Yes I could help you with the wiring. Do you have a pin-out/wiring diagram for the 03 2zz ECU? I believe it's very similar to the 03-04 1zz.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Here you go this is from when I wired in my Emanage Ultimate.

Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

^^Geez that is a bigger nightmare than my setup. Although you do have things labeled very well. I just used 3 pairs of 12 Pin Molex connectors. I can pull my piggyback in and out in 2 minutes.
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

oh wow i think ill deff need a plug and play harness , to someone color blind that pic is soooooooo much more intimidating ! any help i could use kinda has to be in person cause im not capable of distinguishing the colors of 95% of those wires i basically see one shade of 5 or 6 basic colors . this is the main reason im not an auto mechanic any more only the diag guys get paid well , and im not good for much more than pulling codes and checking fuses . when i did my sterio i spent 3 days puting little labled pieces of tape on the end of all my wires and continuity testing everything over and over again . and i'm sure my polarity is all screwed up lol . not trying to fry my ecu
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

on a side not i also have the aem wideband . how would i wire that in to a plug and play ?
can i use the wideband and the narrow band together
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Unless you need the ECU to get some sort of reading from the wide band it should be weird by itself. My wideband came with an O2 bung to weld it to the exhaust pipe I welded mine in at the same point as the first stock O2 on the opposite side. The gauge should have a power a ground and the plug to the O2. I got my gauge from http://prosportgauges.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

yea i know i can use it as a stand alone gauge but wouldnt the car run better with the wideband wired in to the aem fic
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

To be honest a piggyback on a N/A car is like kissing your sister. The AEM will log the wideband for tuning but does not Auto tune. with it. Really the Greedy EMU will do more for an N/A car because it will advance the timing and Auto tune with the wide band. The AEM does neither.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

im instaling the fic because i have a whole turbo kit just waiting to be installed . i dropped over 4k last month on parts and just waiting for the time to get it done . first the fic then the injectors and exhaust then the Rear mount t3 :-)

if i was staying N/A i would have just got a camcon and lowered the lift with the european reflash
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Didn't see about the Turbo. Rear mount? That sound interesting.
Back on the subject. Here's one for the 1zz. The Pin-outs are very similar. Also the you will need an 2K Ohm resistor (I used a 2.2K) with one side connected to Crank MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Crank MAGI(-). Another 2k resistor installed with one side connected to Cam1 MAGI(+) and the other side connected to Cam1 MAGI(-). This is all before the AEM and to fix a noise issue. Check out the AEM Forums. I couldn't get the O2 spoof to work. My car ran like crap under closed loop.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.p ... 962.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

hmm i supose i could continuity check that from sensor on enjine to ecu harness for finding the diff between 1zz and my 2zz wiring . although the only resistor i see in that diagram is a 10k for the o2 . do you know off hand what the differences are i may be able to swing this on my own if i start the night before my day off ?

yes will be a rear mount set up like the sts . whick is why i chose a compressor with such a low a/r ratio i havn't decided if i want the BOV under the car or under the hood yet though ill prolly put it up front so i can hear it lol or i may plumb it back into the system in rear and make it a real sleeper haha . the great thing about sts is ist still a sleeper even with the hood popped lol but put it up on a lift and its like wow !
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I will look at the diagrams and figure what, if anything, is different for the AEM setup. The 2K Resistor isn't shown on the diagram but I could draw it in.
PM your e-mail address and will send you some diagrams.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Looking at the Diagrams, I have, the ECU pin-out for the 03-04 1zz and 2zz are the same. Which means the wiring diagram I posted before is correct for both engines and ECU. However I take no responsibilty!

Now on the original AEM Diagram they list a ground on D-22 but there isn't a wire on D-22, at least on my car, so I used D-7. Also in my modified drawing it shows the two 2K resistors between the incoming CAM/Crank signal and the GND for CAM/Crank. Again this setup worked on my car, however I ended up pulling out the AEM because the closed loop tune was a POS. Goodluck

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Another note when looking at AEM Diagram the ECU connectors are labeled A,B,D and E. All the Connectors in the Manuals are labeled E6, E5, E4 and E3. It can be very confusing.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

pm sent thanks !
ill prolly get it in after the new year
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Make sure you take lots of pics I wanna see how this turns out.
Mac's Vibe.

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Here's a pic of my spagetti. 6 molex connectors: 1 Male to the ECU and 1 Female from the Engine, 1 Female from the piggy back to the ECU, 1 Male From the engine to the Piggy back for the intercept signals. 1 Female from the Engine/ECU, 1 Male to the Piggy back for the snoop signals. To bypass the piggy back unplug all the connectors and plug the male and female intercept connector and leave the female snoop connector hanging.

revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

will deff take lots of pics along the way ! just got my gauges in today wide band , coolant temp , oil temp , boost/vac , and oil pres , got all my plumbing for oil and charge pipes just waiting on the plug and play harness from boomslang and i will spend about a week tuning it in n/a form with the 550 inj in and get all my maps in line . before i add boost . i want to see how many ponies i can get out of it n/a before i force feed it

i have an app on my android that taps into the obd and gives very accurate info including HP !
i was getting 147 stock high 157 w/ cold air intake and now with the exhaust i got 173 on my best run !
i always use the same flat piece of road in the same direction always in 3rd gear
considering these readings are right on with what i have seen other peoples dyno sheets for same engine with same mods i would say its a hell of an app !
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Nice man keep it rocking. What app you running I would like to see if its close to what I put down on the dyno?
Mac's Vibe.

revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

the app is called " Torque " and it requires an obd 2 bluetooth dongle
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

ordered a boomslang harness yesterday should have it by friday !
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

WIMP!!! Thought you were going to make your own!
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

i was going to but for $200 aka one nights pay my color blind (removed) went with the sure thing ! lol pluss my buddy that was goina help with the colors was bussy every time i was ready to do it & trust me you have no idea how intimidating those pics of harnesses are to someone who see's life in like maybe 4 colors . fortunately salsa red is one of those colors lol

in the 12 yrs i fixed car for a living i was an awesome mechanic and a great fabricator but a terrible "technician"
anything past pulling codes, checking fuses / loses grounds was out of my realm
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I was only joking. That isn't for the faint of heart going in there and hacking wires. On these ECUs most of the colors are black so even I had to spend a great deal of time checking them back to the ECU connector and diagram. I did a few "snip and darn it!"

Goodluck!
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

Grrrrr i had to send the boomslang harness back to get checked . i had a maf code , wouldnt rev past 3k and, the tach on the pc/software reads 9000 rpm at idle
not a happy camper at all right now !
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

With the AEM out will it rev past 3K? Yea that sounds like a failed connection.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

yea with the bypass harness in it runs fine
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

finally got it all fixed and installed the turbo . after 1.5 hrs on the dyno its making 254 hp running 6psi !!!!!!!!!
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Sweet now post some pics so we can all see. Them numbers arnt to bad at all whats the TQ. :D
Mac's Vibe.

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Way cool!
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

the torque is 175 at just over 7k

pics to come soon i was to greasy to snap any while i built it lol
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

the ebay turbo i had installed blew the oil seals within a few days so i have since installed a turbonetics t3/to4e its a bit to big for the car and my spool times are terrible now , seems to make the same power but no bost till 4k and only 6 psi at red line :-(
i will be changing the pipping size from 2.5'' to 2'' and possibly changing to a lower .48 or .36 ar on the exhaust
i only bought such a large turbo because it was only $500 for a brand new turbonetics and my car was virtually undrivable with the oil cloud that the t3 was producing lol
pics to come once all the bugs are worked out
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

pics posted in a new thread :-)