calling anyone w/ supercharger experience!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
silverbullet

calling anyone w/ supercharger experience!

Post by silverbullet »

I am really making a push now to get my supercharger done. One thing on my check list should be easy but I just can't find this out. how do I check the oil level in the supercharger? On the car? Off the car? Fill it to the top or what? Help me out here guys, thanks.
Salsa Guy

Re: calling anyone w/ supercharger experience!

Post by Salsa Guy »

Looking at the SC from the nose side there is a allen head screw about 5 O'clock. There you can check the level, drain or refill. If you have the SC out it is easier to drain it. With the SC in the car, on a level surface, when you remove that allen screw the fluid should just barely come out or be at the level of the hole.

If you have it out and it's never been changed before it might be a good time to do so because that fluid is about 8 years old.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Awesome thank you. The fluid actually should be good it was changed not too long ago. Just wanted to know the level was good before I ran it. Thanks, I suspected that would be the way to do it but had no real info to go on.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Let us know how the project goes! I believe your car is DBW so it will be an interesting setup.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

Nope No dbw for me. Hopefully no more delays.
I have talked with monkeywrench a bit so they are ready to tune it.

My emanage boomslang harness should arrive tomorrow. Once I get all that set up amd get any kinks out ill be ready for the final step. I'll be installing all the hardware on a weekend and be on the dyno on Monday.