supercharger 05 vibe

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
newfoundlandvibe

supercharger 05 vibe

Post by newfoundlandvibe »

looking for A SUPERCHARGER for my 2005 pontiac vibe , any one no were to get one and what upgrades that i would have to do.
lance1472

Re: supercharger 05 vibe

Post by lance1472 »

Toyota sells a Supercharger kit with everything you need to do the install. It uses many factory components and includes a new ECU. This is sold for the Corolla/Matrix/Vibe 1zz engines. A few people on this forum have installed them and are SWEEEEET upgrade to boost HP to 180 (like the 2zz). My best guess to pick one up would be toyota (if your pockets are deep lol) or look for someone selling a used one. I would recommend new as you would need certain gaskets and what not for a clean install
bluneon

Post by bluneon »

are they even still available through toyota? because they discontinued the trd supercharger kit for the scion tc...
danimal86

Post by danimal86 »

Go to Matrixowners.com and corolla9.com there a couple people selling kits
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

If your vibe is FWD (not AWD) you'll need a throttlebody plate adapter (your TB won't fit) and a different piggyback computer (the TRD won't work). At that point a Turbo would be a better option .
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop