looking to turbo

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
sirscriver

looking to turbo

Post by sirscriver »

hello all ..

ok so i have a 05 vibe base . no guts as u all know .. i have a snowmobile that i pull in winter and a dirtbike in summer and i seem to have to be in 3rd most of the time as no power in 4th or 5th ..

i am wondering if there is a turbo solution ???

not alot of boost just enough to pull things with

would i need a intercooler and stuff im new to this stuff :)

like i said i just want enough pulling power to pull my toys with this thing !!!

thank you all for your help
danimal86

Re: looking to turbo

Post by danimal86 »

sounds like you'd be better off supercharging.....there's one for sale on Matrixowners and corolla9.

you will need to get a throttle body adapter plate and a piggyback for the tune....

http://matrixowners.com/index.php?/topi ... msearch__1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dgekiere

Post by dgekiere »

sirscriver wrote:hello all ..

ok so i have a 05 vibe base . no guts as u all know .. i have a snowmobile that i pull in winter and a dirtbike in summer and i seem to have to be in 3rd most of the time as no power in 4th or 5th ..

i am wondering if there is a turbo solution ???

not alot of boost just enough to pull things with

would i need a intercooler and stuff im new to this stuff :)

like i said i just want enough pulling power to pull my toys with this thing !!!

thank you all for your help

that or you could switch to a gt model. i have pulled cars, snowmobiles and 4 wheelers with no power issues. most of the time i am able to hold 6th gear at 70.

2003 VIBE GT, CONVERTING TO RALLY CAR. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=463112004 vibe gt magnaflow catback exhaust (bought totaled 9/06 with 1600 miles, fixed it and in love ever since2004 HONDA CBR1000RRASE Master certified mechanic
sirscriver

Post by sirscriver »

thanks alot guys it is much appreciated!!!!!
sirscriver

Post by sirscriver »

ok so ive decided i am just gna turbo this thing being as i still owe $4000 on it and they only offerd me $1000 to trade it in (removed) idiots... so what all would i need to do to put 7lbs of boost into this thing? do i need to change the ecu ?? any info would be greatly appreciated.. would love a list of componants that i will need to change . or should i get a new motor and do the mods first then drop it in? mine has 230,000km on it now still runs like a top. i have to change the clutch soon so wouldnt mind doing it all at once lol

thanks to all
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I'd ask member Kiethvibe. Try emailing him through the Contact Me on his website ultimateretrofit.com. He turbocharged his 05 AWD, and still has some of the components left over after he sold it.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

TRD SC...less than $1500. The 03-04 (03+06 AWD) is a plug and chug. 05+ FWD is a bit more complex, throttle plate adapter and a piggy back (AEM FIC, Greddy EMU/EMB...etc)
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Pretty much everything you'll need for the Turbo and much more can be bought here. http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/index ... k49n7cmk83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

If you do want to SC you need to jump on it in a hurry they don't last long and their are not many of them. Monkey wrench racing makes some real nice kits. Here is another site for a kit http://www.turbokits.com/Toyota/Matrix/ ... o_Kit/852/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Their is a lot involved in going to turbo if you are not experienced in working on cars, but their is a lot of information and plenty of people to guide you through the process. You can check out my Garage to kinda see what you will need to go turbo. I love that I went turbo and would recomand it to anyone. :D
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sirscriver

Post by sirscriver »

thank you all soo much for the feed back. i looked into the supercharged thing but i like the sound of turbo when you honk on i t (removed).. plus i figurei can upgrade it more in the future if need be the sc cant be upgraded too much i beleive.. @mac99 ill definately be stopping by ur garage (removed)

now on another note i know this may be stupid but would this be of any use to me?? or would it be just junk

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230956838149?ssP ... 348wt_1271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks again to everyone

almost forgot found this as well

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230942737015?ssP ... 023wt_1037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

^the Turbo-kits are complete with Tune (although it maybe touched up abit for your car). Trying to piece together an e-gay kit would perhaps cost you the same when all said and done. There's a complete SC kit on C9 with the everything for your year car (TB adapter and a Greddy EMU). With the smaller pulley (that's included) you can get 9 Lbs+ out of the SC.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop