Pulley/Belt Issues? - Issues with cold acceleration

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Petrucci914

Pulley/Belt Issues? - Issues with cold acceleration

Post by Petrucci914 »

Hey Guys,Well it is getting cold here in Wisconsin. I've always had some weird issues with my pulley/belt/alignment stuff such as engine hesitation upon starting but then it would smooth out. Right now what I'm experiencing is I start the car just fine and then I go to accelerate but there is almost no power.......like something is awry with the belt or out of alignment. It seems to improve as things warm up but it is just a weird feeling.I do have the smoothflow pulley, and I am now running a slightly smaller serpentine belt which I thought fixed things but now I'm not sure. Can I go smaller with a belt? I can still pull on the belt and there is some give. Is it supposed to be tight as all heck?
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

You have a bearing going out on a pulley or maybe something going wrong with the SC or perhaps the tensioner going out
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop