turbo questions read help

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibe13

turbo questions read help

Post by vibe13 »

hello guys im looking follow to get a turbo on my vibe 03 i keep hearing for other people i need some kinda of piston because my engine could BLOW UP IF I DONT ! IS IT TRUE OR NOT? IF ITS TRUE please tell me where to get them at ? and else what kinda of turbo could be good for my vibe thanks !
vibe13

Re: turbo questions read help (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by vibe13 »

How does the super chargers? Works never saw on any car before can you give me some info about it thanks
KITT222

Re: turbo questions read help (vibe13)

Post by KITT222 »

Kiethvibe has a Vibe AWD that he turbocharged, and he didn't need new pistons. The only thing done on the engine as far as replacing parts, was that he got injectors from a 2zz engine (Vibe GT/Corolla XRS/Matrix XRS. Vibe AWD has the 1zz engine). http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=44394
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

No you don't need new pistons! However before you go slapping a Supercharger or Turbocharger on a 11 y/o engine you should run a compression check first to make sure everything is in good shape. Also be prepared for MORE maintenance, lower fuel economy, cost of the setup and stuff breaking. Any amount of boost can blow your engine if not properly "tuned". I assuming you have the 1zz engine.Forced Induction 101TRD Supercharger Kit is easy to install (about 8 hours) and comes with a pre-tuned TRD piggyback ECU. There are some used Kits floating around and the condition can vary. The SC runs off the engine serpentine belt. Turbo Chargers Kits are harder to install and require some expertise. You also need to have ECU piggyback and have someone "Tune" it. The Turbo runs off of exhaust gases and are a bit more fuel efficient. If you think about buying some E-bay Turbo kit and slapping in on and not doing any ECU tuning you'll blow your engine in no time.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
vibe13

Re: turbo questions read help (Salsa Guy)

Post by vibe13 »

2zz is a bigger engine and faster right then 1zz because that's what have right now
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by vibe13 »2zz is a bigger engine and faster right then 1zz because that's what have right nowGoodluck with your project!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop