Awd Tune! Help?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Salsa Guy

Awd Tune! Help?

Post by Salsa Guy »

Well I'm making a trip to Dallas for my son's soccer tournament Friday (4/22) and will get a chance to put my car on a AWD Dyno. With the Dyno and Tuning it'll be $700 (ouch). They said it'll take between 5-7 hours to do the job. The place is called Jotech Motorsports( http://www.jotechracing.com/index.php ) in Garland TX. There are 3 other AWD Dynos in Dallas area (maybe more) 2 won't touch it because it's a Toyota and/or it's the Greddy EMU. The other has no experience with the Greddy EMU but willing to try it. These guys know the EMU and about the 1zz/2zz. What should I look for and what should I expect? Should I go ahead and put the 2zz (310cc) injectors in? Should I keep the 5th injector and have them set it up (I have the wiring to the EMU done on the channel C for 5th injector)? What other questions should I ask? Would love to hear feedback? My setup:TRD SC (TRD Pulley)TRD 5th InjectorCat-Back exhaust 2.25" Crushed bent (Yea I know...get over it)SRI Greddy EMUABV Mod (Bypass Vac Switch)Parts in hand:2zz injectors
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
mac99d

Re: Awd Tune! Help? (rmckinjr)

Post by mac99d »

Jotech Motorsports will do you right. I had a few friends that have gone there and were very happy.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Well Just got back from Dallas. Jotech did a base line run of 106 WHP with the No tune. The end result was 139.4 WHP 195.2 FT/LBS Tor. I thought it could hit 140 easy. He said the 5th injector or the 2zz injectors wouldn't do much good. He also thought the SRI didn't help much either
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
keithvibe

Re: (rmckinjr)

Post by keithvibe »

not bad. 140 for awd isn't nothing to shake a stick at
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

So you were at 106whp with the S/C with the TRD ECU? That seems really low. I was at 107whp in 2006 without a S/C. How many PSI are you pushing? You're using the Alutec crank pulley, too, right?What brand was the AWD dyno?139.4 WHP = meh. I figured you would be above 150 with the EMU.195.2 WTQ = seems higher than most everyone with the S/C.So how is it now. Does it feel faster?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mac99d

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by mac99d »

Nice torque numbers. How many PSI you pushing? Maybe the SRI is causing more turbulence than he likes, and a longer one might smooth it out. So what’s the difference in CC between your injectors and the 2ZZ one’s. So did you not use the 5th injector.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Brian where have you been my TRD Adapter harness crapped out! Been running with no tune. He said during the base line run it started to lean out at 5K. (I didn't rev it above 4K without the TRD). . I was also surprised by the Torque. He also did the runs in first gear so I'm not sure how that affects the numbers. He ran it 11 times on the Dyno. What also surprised me is that he felt the 5th injector or the 2zz injectors wouldn't do it much good. Also he said I could ditch the SRI and not affect the tune
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Oh, that's on the stock ECU? That's not good. 1st gear tq is way higher than 3rd gear torque which is where official dyno readings are typically taken. Somewhere around 40-45 in 3rd gear(Drive with the OD button off), if you are cruising you can floor it and not downshift. My 1st gear torque on my baseline dyno run in 2006 was 160 ft/lbs.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Salsa Guy

Re: (mac99d)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »Nice torque numbers. How many PSI you pushing? Maybe the SRI is causing more turbulence than he likes, and a longer one might smooth it out. So what’s the difference in CC between your injectors and the 2ZZ one’s. So did you not use the 5th injector.Only about 7- 8 of HOT Air (he pointed that out). The 1zz are about 240cc the 2zz 310cc. the 5th injector was setup for the Greddy EMU but he said fuel wasn't the issue. BUT what really cool about in his shop was the all the very nice cars GTRS (about 6 of them), a Bentley, a Lambo, a Ferrari and several debagded cars I wasn't sure of.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »Only about 7- 8 of HOT Air (he pointed that out). The 1zz are about 240cc the 2zz 310cc. the 5th injector was setup for the Greddy EMU but he said fuel was the issue.What was the issue with the fuel?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mac99d

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by mac99d »

Fuel will never be a problem for me, but I am running bosch 840cc kind of over kill but will keep up with future plans.
Mac's Vibe.

Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »What was the issue with the fuel?Sorry all WASN'T an Issue. Will edit!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

first gear.... (removed)... really...As B has stated it's usually done in third... the closest 1:1 ratio... Running in first has totally booggered ya.. The tune will be off a bit where you run the most (in third) I'm shocked that such a tunner would even do such a thing... Mine was run in second, I tried to tell the guy to let me run it in third. I would have been able to keep it from downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. But he didn't want me to do it for what ever reason and the three times he tried it would downshift.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

This sound like an expensive lesson. Oh well this was a very cheap build and I'm not competely happy with the results. It is a starting point.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Yes it is rmckinjr. Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr » Oh well this was a very cheap build and I'm not competely happy with the results. It is a starting point. Us gearheads are never totally satisfied with the results of our mods brother. We always what a little bit more!!! Enjoy the build and keep us posted as your mod list grows (and it will ) Remember, you now have one of the fastest AWD Vibes out there. Very cool.Pat
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
Salsa Guy

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Remember, you now have one of the fastest AWD Vibes out there. Very cool.LOL Except it's a Matrix..... Maybe I need to rebadge it? LOL
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Remember, you now have one of the fastest AWD Vibes out there.Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »LOL Except it's a Matrix..... Maybe I need to rebadge it? LOLSame thing...haha!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Same thing...haha!Yep!! Though not as easy on the eyes as our Vibes LOL! (Just kidding rmckinjr )
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Same thing...haha!Ya think!
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by DiveNut »Yep!! Though not as easy on the eyes as our Vibes LOL! (Just kidding rmckinjr )It's sad that Pontiac couldn't build a good car and that Toyota had to do it for them (I'm just poking fun...don't need hate mail). But Pontiac made it prettier...and they have more power (old joke).
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Well I dumped the Tune at the AWD place and used one from a guy on MO, and it works GREAT! My AFR is 12.3 on WOT! It pulls AWESOME with no lag and the idle has improved. I was about ready to rip the SC out and the EMU but now I'll keep it
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Good to hear you got it solved, Rob. Now you can enjoy it instead of worrying about it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

ricker's got you sorted out??? i'm happy to hear you are finally enjoying it.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Brian: Thanks! Keith: Yes he did! It's a HUGE difference and a load off my mind.
Salsa Guy

Re: Awd Tune! Help? (mac99d)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »Jotech Motorsports will do you right. I had a few friends that have gone there and were very happy. Well they didn't do me right and had to dump the tune (almost ruined the engine and got me killed). The CC company gave me a full refund from Jotech. That's everyone for your help!