My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
danimal86

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by danimal86 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Well mine is an AWD Vibe which has the same Throttle Body and ECU as the '03-'04. For an '05+ FWD you cannot use the TRD ECU. You will need an EMU, EMB or AEM-FIC to tune the S/C. Also, the Camcon cannot be used by itself with the S/C. It has only been used to control the intake cam settings on S/C set-ups. I like my set-up right now. I have yet to do the ABV mod and install my wideband. Once I do, I'm going to play with the camcon's A/F feature for open loop tune testing.Im still thinking about purchasing a camcon. What does it give you that the trd piggyback doesn't? Did you try to run it with only the camcon? the reason i asked is i was in contact with a person selling a camcon (who had a s/c rolla), and they said that you can run it by itself without the trd ecu.
BlueCrush

Re: (danimal86)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by danimal86 »Im still thinking about purchasing a camcon. What does it give you that the trd piggyback doesn't? Did you try to run it with only the camcon? the reason i asked is i was in contact with a person selling a camcon (who had a s/c rolla), and they said that you can run it by itself without the trd ecu. The only thing that the Camcon does that the TRD S/C ECU doesn't is control the intake Cam settings. The Camcon "fools" the A/F at 500rpm increments. The TRD S/C ECU finely controls the ignition timing and A/F, both of which are required to run the S/C safely. The person with the corolla should not have ran the S/C with a Camcon alone. If that is actually what they did. If they were an '05+ they most likely used an EMB or EMU with the Camcon and not tha camcon alone. That would be stupid and you're engine would not last long. I DO NOT recommend trying to run the S/C with the Camcon alone. I know you keep talking about using the Camcon only. If you do, you will be sorry sooner or later. If you are supercharged, only use the camcon as an addition to the TRD ECU, EMB, EMU or AEM FIC.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
danimal86

Post by danimal86 »

gotcha! Thanks for the info. He said that it is possible to use it by itself, but he used it with the EMU....which is what i might do. It just seems that the people that are FI and are having problems, the source of it is the EMU/EMB.Sounds like yours is running like a champ (knock on wood) with the camcon.
BlueCrush

Re: (danimal86)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by danimal86 »gotcha! Thanks for the info. He said that it is possible to use it by itself, but he used it with the EMU....which is what i might do. It just seems that the people that are FI and are having problems, the source of it is the EMU/EMB.Sounds like yours is running like a champ (knock on wood) with the camcon. Mine is running with the TRD ECU controlling the A/F and Ignition timing, the Camcon is just tweaking the intake cam setting a little right now.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mariachi

Re: (Salsa Guy)

Post by Mariachi »

what year is your vibe? do you have a drive by wire?nice addition to the car btw!
Salsa Guy

Re: (RISCVibe)

Post by Salsa Guy »

He's Drive By Cable and a 2005 AWD Vibe. The AWD was DBC for 05-06, while the base vibe (non-GT) was converted to DBW in 05
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop