My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Re: Supercharger Install (BlueCrush)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »ANY QUESTIONS? How was the first test drive???
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (star_deceiver)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »How was the first test drive???It was pretty cool. I was happy with the results. Love the whine. She's a lot quicker. It is pretty quiet with the stock airbox. This is how fast it should have been stock..haha. The install took 5 hours total, then, when we did the first start-up we ran into an issue at the end which took 2 hours to resolve. Ended up being a bad seal of the supercharger to the head. Just tightened down some bolts and it was good to go.I still have to take out the TB Spacer so I can get the correct connection tubes in there. I didn't have my OEM bolts with me. I'll do that next weekend. Also, need to hook up my boost sensor and cut the engine cover.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bassplayaz06

Post by bassplayaz06 »

can you put a CAI or whatever on with a supercharger?
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

Dyno numbers before and after with same dyno and comparable parameters, and eventually some dragstrip slip and performance numbers? Curious to know what they say these mods will bring versus real life to the wheels change. Very cool stuff!!
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
keithvibe

Re: Supercharger Install (10vibe1.8auto)

Post by keithvibe »

congrats B!!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

wait wait wait....taking the engine cover off adds hp?? jkfrickin sweet!
http://
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (bassplayaz06)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by bassplayaz06 »can you put a CAI or whatever on with a supercharger?Yes, I plan on doing that this summer. I'm going to try it out with using the Camcon to adjust the fuel but I will probably have to switch to an E-manage Blue to do it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (10vibe1.8auto)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by 10vibe1.8auto »Dyno numbers before and after with same dyno and comparable parameters, and eventually some dragstrip slip and performance numbers? Curious to know what they say these mods will bring versus real life to the wheels change. Very cool stuff!!Well, I dyno'd back in 2006 and got 107 AWHP. So I am hoping to get at least 150 AWHP. I'll probably dyno later this spring.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »congrats B!!Thanks, Keith! How's your Turbo project going?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by DressedInBlack »wait wait wait....taking the engine cover off adds hp?? jkfrickin sweet! Yes!!! It did!!! Awesome, isn't it? Thanks.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I love my Vibe very much, and there are very few select Vibes on here that I envy........and yours is one of them
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Well, I dyno'd back in 2006 and got 107 AWHP. So I am hoping to get at least 150 AWHP. I'll probably dyno later this spring.Awesome! Assuming 126hp? at crank, 107 would be 15% parasitic loss through all wheel drive system. I have no idea how you set up and measure an all wheel drive vehicle. Just front wheels with all wheel drive disconnected to back? 40-45hp should safely be doable with supercharger. I will have to read up on these TRD superchargers. I am jealous. Good luck, keep us informed.Edit:I have seen 118hp and 123hp also listed for the all wheel drive auto too. SAE standards changed in 2006 and Toyota retested. At 118hp crank, 107 awhp would be about 9% parasitic loss. 123hp at crank, 107awhp would be about a 13% parasitic loss.
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush » How's your Turbo project going? soonHopefullysoonSide note, you did the install just in time for 5.00 per gallon gas!
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »I love my Vibe very much, and there are very few select Vibes on here that I envy........and yours is one of them Thanks, Brandon. Your's is one of my favorite Vibes as well.Quote, originally posted by 10vibe1.8auto »Awesome! Assuming 126hp? at crank, 107 would be 15% parasitic loss through all wheel drive system. I have no idea how you set up and measure an all wheel drive vehicle. Just front wheels with all wheel drive disconnected to back? 40-45hp should safely be doable with supercharger. I will have to read up on these TRD superchargers. I am jealous. Good luck, keep us informed.I used an AWD dyno where all 4 wheels turn equally, just as if I was driving on the street.Quote, originally posted by keithvibe » soonHopefullysoonSide note, you did the install just in time for 5.00 per gallon gas! Cool! Can't wait!!! Yeah it was just in time. Good thing I'll still get close to normal mpg when I don't get on it...
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bull77

Post by bull77 »

I'm very jealous Brian!!looks good neptune ftw!!!
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Cool! Can't wait!!! Yeah it was just in time. Good thing I'll still get close to normal mpg when I don't get on it...Really jealous Brian. Now that you have the SC on, what's the chance of you not getting on it?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

That's Great Brian! Watch the TRD ECU adapter that it's not twisted! Mine has problems right now.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
BlueCrush

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Really jealous Brian. Now that you have the SC on, what's the chance of you not getting on it?Slim to none...in the city. Highway, I'll take it easier.Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »That's Great Brian! Watch the TRD ECU adapter that it's not twisted! Mine has problems right now. I'll be crossing my fingers. I'm going to try and pick-up a spare Auto TRD ECU in the mean time just in case.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Really loving your whole Vibe! It is all well done, and this supercharger should give it some unexpected oomph. It looks really cool! Well done! I'm looking forward to maybe someday seeing it in person.
BlueCrush

Re: (KITT222)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by KITT222 »Really loving your whole Vibe! It is all well done, and this supercharger should give it some unexpected oomph. It looks really cool! Well done! I'm looking forward to maybe someday seeing it in person.Thanks, Nick. Once it was installed, running good and I was ready to take it for a test drive, one guy said, "That's gonna be a sleeper"...lol
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kostby

Post by kostby »

Congrats, Brian! Great upgrade.I always wanted to S/C my Vibe. Only a few things, like time, money, kit availability, son in college, moving, selling house/buying house, tons of other priorities, and life-in-general got in the way!(And we all know that it's really the STICKERS that add horsepower!)

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

S~U~P~E~R~C~H~A~R~G~E~R!!!! Welcome to the world of premium fuel (and the prices that go with them,) but I am STILL envious!!!Nice install, Brian.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
BlueCrush

Re: (kostby)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »Congrats, Brian! Great upgrade.I always wanted to S/C my Vibe. Only a few things, like time, money, kit availability, son in college, moving, selling house/buying house, tons of other priorities, and life-in-general got in the way!(And we all know that it's really the STICKERS that add horsepower!)Thanks Kirk! I've been wanting to do it for years as well. Almost did it once a few years ago but changed my mind (go figure). I'm was at a point where it was "now or never". So, I said to myself, "What the hell, why not!!". So glad I did.Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Welcome to the world of premium fuel (and the prices that go with them,) but I am STILL envious!!!Nice install, Brian. Thanks Richard. I was using premium for a month or so beforehand to get used to the gas bill. Still not much compared to most people. It increased my fill ups by $4-$5 per tank...not a big deal. We'll see, though, how fast the gas gauge goes down.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

You did a short cut didn't you. I just now saw what you did. Cheater! You didn't install the TRD intake hoses. Now I know why it only took you 5 hours! LOLI wonder why my Throttle body didn't have the beather port. My breather post was built into the stock intake hose.
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
BlueCrush

Re: (rmckinjr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »You did a short cut didn't you. I just now saw what you did. Cheater! You didn't install the TRD intake hoses. Now I know why it only took you 5 hours! LOLFrom my 2nd post in this thread:Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I still have to take out the TB Spacer so I can get the correct connection tubes in there. I didn't have my OEM bolts with me. I'll do that next weekend. Also, need to hook up my boost sensor and cut the engine cover.The TRD intake tube from the airbox to behind the headlight was already installed last year...lol
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Still cheated...LOL! You read my edited post about the breather port.. Glad it all went well for you! Alittle touch and go for a while.
BlueCrush

Re: (rmckinjr)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by rmckinjr »Still cheated...LOL! You read my edited post about the breather port.. Glad it all went well for you! Alittle touch and go for a while. Yeah, weird that your's is different. Your's is almost like the DBW with the breather port in the tube near the TB.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

There is a spot for the port but no hole. I though about drilling it out but then I decided a $10 Breather would be easier. LOL
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Hey BlueCrush, I have an extra Emanage Blue (modded to EM Gold) with a SC map for Denver (5280 ft) already loaded. If you or anyone else is interested, ill let it go cheap. I went to a EMU and V-Manage so its sitting around doing nothing.
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (4azdmunky)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by 4azdmunky »Hey BlueCrush, I have an extra Emanage Blue (modded to EM Gold) with a SC map for Denver (5280 ft) already loaded. If you or anyone else is interested, ill let it go cheap. I went to a EMU and V-Manage so its sitting around doing nothing.I'll take it!! IMed you back.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Sold and shipped, thanks BlueCrush
BlueCrush

Re: Supercharger Install (4azdmunky)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by 4azdmunky »Sold and shipped, thanks BlueCrushTHANK YOU!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

so 5 years later Blue has a SC vibe
BlueCrush

Re: (northvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

LOL!!! Shut it, Parnell!! ...and it's and S/C AWD Vibe.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahah awesome man we need to have a meet so I can get a ride in it. I have a I4 escape 4x4...jesus its way to slow, was thinking a juke. But man it would be fun to get a awd sc vibe lifted up a little
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »hahah awesome man we need to have a meet so I can get a ride in it. I have a I4 escape 4x4...jesus its way to slow, was thinking a juke. But man it would be fun to get a awd sc vibe lifted up a little Sounds good. Let me know when you're in town. It's still slow compared to your old MS3, though. Haha!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Sounds good. Let me know when you're in town. It's still slow compared to your old MS3, though. Haha!did you ever get a ride in that thing? I'll try to tune my Cobalt and get new tires, before I come down. Its faster than the ms3...but damn I miss the ms3. I got a ride in a SC vibe once...and not sure how I felt about it, car was full of people though. That I4 escape...jeez I know its my DD/winter beater but @#$@#$ Its soooo slow, 150hp pushing 4200lbs vehicle in awd is not pretty
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »did you ever get a ride in that thing? I'll try to tune my Cobalt and get new tires, before I come down. Its faster than the ms3...but damn I miss the ms3. I got a ride in a SC vibe once...and not sure how I felt about it, car was full of people though. That I4 escape...jeez I know its my DD/winter beater but @#$@#$ Its soooo slow, 150hp pushing 4200lbs vehicle in awd is not pretty Yeah, I think I rode in your MS3 twice. It had nice power. The S/C on the Vibe gives a nice push in the low-mid rpm range but not so much on the high end. Which is just fine for me. Still have a few mods to do on it to get a little more power like (ABV mod, 2.3" Pulley & TRD Intake). So it should be pretty decent after that. Your escape sounds like a tank...haha. I bet you can't wait to get the cobalt you for summer.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

The ms3 had some good torq. Dunno if you were ever in it when I had it kind of modded. The SS feels good now, but with a tune its going to be a tire shredder. My friend up here just bought a GTR that I drove...jesus those things are fast. Kind of makes me go, yaa next "fast" car needs to be awd that SC and engine are so small so I can see a nice low/mid increase. The high end is over rated anyway it should be shifting! I remember driving mine a little. Forgot how many parts I had on the thing haha.So whats the ABV mod? what size pulley is stock? are you going to run the 5th injector or meth? If you do the tuning I bet you could get that thing near 200hp right? well with other mods. Did you have the exhaust side modded, EM etc?Damn escape...well with snow tires on it, it was a blast to drive. I have taken the SS out when its sunny....god I love manual shifting tires that came on the oz ultraleggeras are almost bald so it just spins ALL the time.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »The ms3 had some good torq. Dunno if you were ever in it when I had it kind of modded. The SS feels good now, but with a tune its going to be a tire shredder. My friend up here just bought a GTR that I drove...jesus those things are fast. Kind of makes me go, yaa next "fast" car needs to be awd that SC and engine are so small so I can see a nice low/mid increase. The high end is over rated anyway it should be shifting! I remember driving mine a little. Forgot how many parts I had on the thing haha.So whats the ABV mod? what size pulley is stock? are you going to run the 5th injector or meth? If you do the tuning I bet you could get that thing near 200hp right? well with other mods. Did you have the exhaust side modded, EM etc?Damn escape...well with snow tires on it, it was a blast to drive. I have taken the SS out when its sunny....god I love manual shifting tires that came on the oz ultraleggeras are almost bald so it just spins ALL the time.Yeah, I got to ride in your MS3 when it was modded. Loved being pushed back in the seat.You have a few mods on your Vibe. I think I ended up with a one or two of yours.ABV = Air Bypass Valve mod. Pulling off one vacuum hose and plugging it off at the S/C = 3PSI extra boost. The Stock S/C Pulley is 2.4". I am running the 5th injector right now. The 2.3" pulley can be used with out any sort of extra cooling. I plan to test out the TRD CAI and tune it with the Camcon when on open loop later this spring. If that doesn't do what I want I will be running an E-manage Blue. Need to get a boost gauge hooked up before doing anything else right now. It's gonna be a fun summer.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

BAh! the ms3...mmm heheh. Miss the wagons, the escape is...eh tall so the handling is meh. My coworker bought a Juke today...I've been eyeing them up. 1/3 the cargo space as my escape but I dont haul much. And then I could drive turbo/crazy all year round!Oh man Blue! My sister has the vibe, she hates the springs on it lol. Man I kinda miss having it. they do look sharp. Yeah I wish you bought my trd cai off me!Ohhh ok. Does that vacuum hose go to the engine? like a crank case breather? 3psi in boost? that actually should help some going down a .1" will as well of course. I would think to go lower you'd need meth. To bad the SC doesnt use a heat exchanger Tuning is fun, I'll be doing that to my SS this spring, but its a big learning curve. You've had a camcon before though. And that tunes only a couple things right?The boost gauge was a stock TRD SC thing though wasnt it? so does it just plug in or do you have to splice things?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »BAh! the ms3...mmm heheh. Miss the wagons, the escape is...eh tall so the handling is meh. My coworker bought a Juke today...I've been eyeing them up. 1/3 the cargo space as my escape but I dont haul much. And then I could drive turbo/crazy all year round!Oh man Blue! My sister has the vibe, she hates the springs on it lol. Man I kinda miss having it. they do look sharp. Yeah I wish you bought my trd cai off me!Ohhh ok. Does that vacuum hose go to the engine? like a crank case breather? 3psi in boost? that actually should help some going down a .1" will as well of course. I would think to go lower you'd need meth. To bad the SC doesnt use a heat exchanger Tuning is fun, I'll be doing that to my SS this spring, but its a big learning curve. You've had a camcon before though. And that tunes only a couple things right?The boost gauge was a stock TRD SC thing though wasnt it? so does it just plug in or do you have to splice things?I'll be S/C year round...lol. The Vacuum hose that gets removed goes from the S/C to the S/C solenoid that gets attached to the TB. I don't want to meth, that's why I won't go lower than a 2.3" pulley. Yeah, I've had the Camcon before and it only tunes the intake Camshaft timing and the A/F (only when in open loop or is it closed loop... I can't remember, basically when your above 4000rpm and 50% throttle or something like that...lol.) No boost gauge came with the kit. I ordered one from Dynotune Nitrous. Should come this week. Next, I'll get a wideband for street tuning.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

FI is sweet dood! I got a tuner for my escape, it helps but I just put the Eco tune on...need good mileage out of at least 1 car My roomies are about to buy a chevy cruze eco. Only turbo's in our garage! ahhaha. cant wait to see more progress on your car blue!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Installed the Dynotune digital boost gauge and I'm pushing up tp 10psi.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
danimal86

Post by danimal86 »

What piggyback are you running now?
BlueCrush

Re: (danimal86)

Post by BlueCrush »

The TRD S/C ECU & Power Enterprise Camcon
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
danimal86

Post by danimal86 »

Did you have to do anything to the TRD ECU to get it to work on a 05+? I've got an EMU for when i get the time to install my S/C but i'm a little concerned about the problems that may arise (i've heard of a lot of software, hardware and jumper problems). I've found a deal on a Camcom and it sounds a little less problematic. How do you like it?
BlueCrush

Re: (danimal86)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by danimal86 »Did you have to do anything to the TRD ECU to get it to work on a 05+? I've got an EMU for when i get the time to install my S/C but i'm a little concerned about the problems that may arise. I've found a decent deal on a Camcom and it sounds a little less problematic. How do you like it?Well mine is an AWD Vibe which has the same Throttle Body and ECU as the '03-'04. For an '05+ FWD you cannot use the TRD ECU. You will need an EMU, EMB or AEM-FIC to tune the S/C. Also, the Camcon cannot be used by itself with the S/C. It has only been used to control the intake cam settings on S/C set-ups. I like my set-up right now. I have yet to do the ABV mod and install my wideband. Once I do, I'm going to play with the camcon's A/F feature for open loop tune testing.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Congrats! Love the S/C on AWD.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop