shim sizes on idler pulley for trd supercharger?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
skeletron

shim sizes on idler pulley for trd supercharger?

Post by skeletron »

anyone know the shim sizes on the idler pulley on the trd supercharger?
Salsa Guy

Re: shim sizes on idler pulley for trd supercharger? (skeletron)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by skeletron »anyone know the shim sizes on the idler pulley on the trd supercharger?The TRD kit comes with 2 X .062" (1/16") and 4 X .032" (1/32"). However it doesn't really matter the size or how many. The main issue is that the belt rides in the middle of the TRD Idler pulley. Also becareful when tightening the bolt! Also you may need a increase the size to 35 or 40 mm lenght (you don't want to bottom out the bolt in the bracket). Also make sure the inner race of the bearing get loaded up between the shims and bolt w/washer.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

sweet thanks! after i replaced the tensioner pulley the belt jumping stopped but now i have a squeek when the belt rotates...just trying to narrow it down...
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

How about the TRD Idler pulley bearing? If it's dry or the inner race is turning it'll ruin your day. Goodluck! Is this a new install? Also may consider upsizing the bolt to a 35mm.
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

can you replace just the bearing? supercharger has been on for 30,000 miles and i haven't had any problems until now...
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Yes you can! The bearing is about $25 and may need to be special ordered. There is a C-ring (not sure what's it call) that need to be removed and the bearing may need to be pressed out and back in and the C-ring reinstalled. I reccomend that bolt upgrade also and do not over tighten.
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

cool thanks for the info!