06 AWD turbo

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Salsa Guy

Re: (patmanbbe)

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by patmanbbe »Sorry I don't want to come off as being negative but I was curious about some of the details of this project. It seems like a lot of work and money for a small gain in horsepower.... How much is this build gonna cost you? What are your power goals?Why not swap in a 3SGTE, you can buy one with an AWD tranny. I know a shop that can do it. His name is Dr. Tweak. Here is a llink to his site:http://www.phoenixtuning.com/He gave me quote a while back for a 3SGTE swap into a 1970 Toyota Corona. would have been under 5k for a complete swap and tune. 250 plus horsepower from a stock 3SGTE, not even hard to get it upto 400 hp. For one you can do a Turbo for about $2K. 2 I believe it's a daily driver. 3 when you start swapping engine, tranny, transfer case , drive shaft rear diff and etc it becomes a frankenstien. There's been talk about an All-trac swap but yet to see it. Keith will be the first , we know of, to put a TC in a AWD Vibe/Matrix. Anything you want to add Keith? March is getting close, Goodluck!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

It was never about how much power I could get out of it or how much the powertrain could hold.I could easily add 100hp but I won't because the power train won't hold it. I'm doing this to make the car more fun to drive and because, well I can... Why do people sink 10k in to stereo's? cuz they can and want to.I love this car, what I hate about it the 99whp... so I plan to change that... So far I am at 1500... I have minor parts here and there I'm sure will be needed. Tunning will be done by a buddy of mine and he is also helping with the build.It is my daily driver, and well it's no fun if you PAY someone else to do the work... I enjoy knocking my knuckes and getting some grease under my nails.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
patmanbbe

Post by patmanbbe »

I agree with there on the the grease and knocked knuckles. I had to replace my clutch after I bought my Vibe GT and it was a good old time. Lookin forward to seeing the final product from you bro. I almost picked up an AWD vibe but was discouraged by the lower power numbers. Kudos to you man for makin it how you want it. That is what makes cars fun for me. There is also alot of limitations for the 3SGTE I suppose. Its a heavy engine for starters! Cast Iron block! Plus it is a ton of fab work and that's impossible without the right garage. Take care man good luck with the build!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by patmanbbe »I agree with there on the the grease and knocked knuckles. I had to replace my clutch after I bought my Vibe GT and it was a good old time. Lookin forward to seeing the final product from you bro. I almost picked up an AWD vibe but was discouraged by the lower power numbers. Kudos to you man for makin it how you want it. That is what makes cars fun for me. There is also alot of limitations for the 3SGTE I suppose. Its a heavy engine for starters! Cast Iron block! Plus it is a ton of fab work and that's impossible without the right garage. Take care man good luck with the build!Thanks for the comments, I know some don't see the point to do such a drastic change to a station wagon. That is fine by me. I don't care if they hate or dislike I am spending the money to upgrade it.But I welcome the good, bad and unsure comments about the build.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Any updates?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
keithvibe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Any updates?see page 2
keithvibe

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »beater car obtained. Build starts around March.
patmanbbe

Post by patmanbbe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Thanks for the comments, I know some don't see the point to do such a drastic change to a station wagon. That is fine by me. I don't care if they hate or dislike I am spending the money to upgrade it.But I welcome the good, bad and unsure comments about the build. I think this car is a solid platform. It has a very rigid frame from the factory. I am a little disappointed at the limited mods available for the car when compared to subarus and hondas, etc. I give props to you man for going for it. I day dream all the time about building up the motor and throwing on a turbo. I would get a little crazy with it though. 300+ horsepower in an AWD vibe would be SWEET! A very nice sleeper and a great family car or grocery getter.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by patmanbbe »I think this car is a solid platform. It has a very rigid frame from the factory. I am a little disappointed at the limited mods available for the car when compared to subarus and hondas, etc. I give props to you man for going for it. I day dream all the time about building up the motor and throwing on a turbo. I would get a little crazy with it though. 300+ horsepower in an AWD vibe would be SWEET! A very nice sleeper and a great family car or grocery getter. Rear diff is glass on this vehicle though...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

I cannot wait to see the progress on this. Good luck man!
houseofbugs

Post by houseofbugs »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Thanks for the comments, I know some don't see the point to do such a drastic change to a station wagon. That is fine by me. I don't care if they hate or dislike I am spending the money to upgrade it.But I welcome the good, bad and unsure comments about the build. Haters are going to hate. Do what makes YOU happy. You would not believe how much crap I get for my Vibe from some of the other guys in the car club (not GenVibe, ChicagoShift). I'm like it's MY car not yours...STFU.
keithvibe

Re: (houseofbugs)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by houseofbugs »Haters are going to hate. Do what makes YOU happy. You would not believe how much crap I get for my Vibe from some of the other guys in the car club (not GenVibe, ChicagoShift). I'm like it's MY car not yours...STFU.I understand some will not understand or care that the car can't get out of it's own way when you are trying to merge safely on to a crouded hwy during rush hour, with an entrance ramp that is way too short even under normal conditions.But I still welcome the comments, good, bad or ugly.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Because I am an opinionated person by nature, the term "hater" has been used to describe me when my own thoughts don't gel with someone else's. However in this case (and because it's Keith) I am very much looking forward to living vicariously through this build... since it will NEVER happen to our own Vibe. I would love to try the turbo on this engine and in this car. That could be a real trip.Rock on, Keith!!!
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »I understand some will not understand or care that the car can't get out of it's own way when you are trying to merge safely on to a crouded hwy during rush hour, with an entrance ramp that is way too short even under normal conditions.But I still welcome the comments, good, bad or ugly.Unless you have a Vibe/Matrix AWD you won't understand this. The 1ZZ with a MT or AT can function fairly well and have driven them. But with the AWD you have extra weight, more HP loss through the drive train and Toyota/GM detuned the AWD 1zz engine. 3000 Lbs + 100 WHP = 0-60 mph in 13secs = borderline dangerousOn another note I have no idea where this is going.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Im all for a turbo AWD wagon...isnt that what hot rodding is all about? Modifying a car & make it perform better than the factory intended? Im all for sleepers leave the factory wheel covers on buddy LOL !
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

people say, "if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"i say, who would you rather have in the sack? Ms. Piggy or Babe?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Lol....I'm on my last break at work right now and I'll be laughing inside about this til I get off at 6.lol
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »people say, "if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"i say, who would you rather have in the sack? Ms. Piggy or Babe?mmmmm bacon....
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »people say, "if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig"i say, who would you rather have in the sack? Ms. Piggy or Babe?That is a very funny analogy, Max! I liked it too.Miss Piggy, I think? (She could be a real b*t*ch at times though.)But Babe is a male pig. (And may your first child, be a masculine child.)
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
BoostedAbyss

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by BoostedAbyss »

How' the build coming? I am in the process of a vibe GT build myself. What did you use to upgrade your fuel pump?
mac99d

Re: (BoostedAbyss)

Post by mac99d »

Hi BoostedAbyss. So what year is your vibe. I put a in tank warbro 255lph in my car.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keithvibe

Re: (BoostedAbyss)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BoostedAbyss »How' the build coming? I am in the process of a vibe GT build myself. What did you use to upgrade your fuel pump?Didn't upgrade the pump. I wasn't pushing the car hard. Matter of fact anybody want some parts from the build? I was going to trade in the car so it was de-turboed. Guess I should post up the parts I have.It ran fine with the stock pump I did upgrade the injectors and they were only in the 40% range if I recall correctly.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »... 'Matter of fact anybody want some parts from the build? I was going to trade in the car so it was de-turboed. WHAATT??? Trade in the Turbinator? After all that work and research? After all that time and money spent? After sweating the tune and working out the bugs? REALLY??And what are you thinking 'bout gettin' instead.... another Soul? j/k.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

^^^^yepMoney is there to burn hahaWas all set on a 2010 jetta cup edition, till the dealer pulled a fast one. So I walked. Now considering a jetta sport wagon tdi. Just thinking about it now with a life change in the works last thing I want to do is have a car payment and the car will sit.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Was all set on a 2010 jetta cup edition, till the dealer pulled a fast one. So I walked. Now considering a jetta sport wagon tdi. Just thinking about it now with a life change in the works last thing I want to do is have a car payment and the car will sit. What dealer? The former Young's? They were always a rip off. 'Went for a job there once and they woulda' hired me too, but they wanted ewverything and offered little in return. I walked on that too. 'Glad I did, but its one of the (many) reasons I moved to Texas shortly after.... with a life change in the works... A lil' Keith or Keithette on the way???
Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »It was never about how much power I could get out of it or how much the powertrain could hold.I could easily add 100hp but I won't because the power train won't hold it. I'm doing this to make the car more fun to drive and because, well I can... Why do people sink 10k in to stereo's? cuz they can and want to.I love this car, what I hate about it the 99whp... so I plan to change that... So far I am at 1500... I have minor parts here and there I'm sure will be needed. Tunning will be done by a buddy of mine and he is also helping with the build.It is my daily driver, and well it's no fun if you PAY someone else to do the work... I enjoy knocking my knuckes and getting some grease under my nails.Keithvibe, i like your style. and i love how at the beginning of the thread you said "Yep, i'm going turbo." Sounds like something a superhero or somebody out of star wars would say. Diggin the turbo. You'll have to get a video up so we can see how she sounds! Best of luck!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »... with a life change in the works... A lil' Keith or Keithette on the way??? It is still young's and yeaNo, not a migit. Changing careers, tough doing something for 20+yrs only to have to relearn something entirely different, while still working daily doing something that is dying a slow death. The issue was they wouldn't take the car turboed, so I busted knuckles starting Friday night. Worked all day Saturday and finished Sunday afternoon. Went back Monday to get things finalized only to have them tell me the car isn't worth book value because it has been abused. I asked them to find one thing abused and the argument grew from there. So I walked and now I'm back to stock. I miss it and don't miss it. LolWill I put it back on, no. Would I ever do it again, only if it wasn't my daily driver. Only part I really miss is the shock on teenybopper faces when I smash their egos after leaving them in the awd dust.
keithvibe

Re: (Brandort3)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Brandort3 »Keithvibe, i like your style. and i love how at the beginning of the thread you said "Yep, i'm going turbo." Sounds like something a superhero or somebody out of star wars would say. Diggin the turbo. You'll have to get a video up so we can see how she sounds! Best of luck! There are videos up in the thread posted on MO. The link to the build is in my garage.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Oh, so sorry, Keith. Yeah, as much as I have come to despise my job after 17 yrs and many, many changes for the worse, I can't imagine now what it must be like to start all over again.@ Young's: Can you remember when it was Wilson Auto Imports on 25th and Wm. Penn? My older sister bought her first new car there in '69. A brand new Beetle convertible in the most wimpy looking yellow VW ever offered. It chipped off the hood badly after a couple of years. VW knew of the trouble with that color and only offered it for that one year, but neither they nor Wilson Auto Imports would make any restitution at all. I think I have seen a few 1st gen New Beetles in that same color.
Brandort3

Post by Brandort3 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »There are videos up in the thread posted on MO. The link to the build is in my garage. What's MO? I looked at your garage and the car looks great!
BlueCrush

Re: (Brandort3)

Post by BlueCrush »

MO = MatrixOwnershttp://matrixowners.com/
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD