1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibeturbopr

1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore

Post by vibeturbopr »

Hi this is Emmanuel Diaz from Puerto Rico, I wanted to share with u guys my 2003 Pontiac Vibe 1zz-fe turbocharged generating 325whp at 24 psi. It has forged block but stock dimensions so we are seeing a true 1zz-fe.wiseco pistonscrower rodscustom fuel railgarrett t3/t4 turbofront mounted dual intercoolerport and polish cylinder heade-manageaem widebandautometer boost gaugeautometer egmact disc 50/50 act pressure plate(yellow)Falken azenisborla exhaustwrx 850cc inyectorswalbro fuel pump 255 phlThis is info so u guys that are thinking doing a 1zz-fe turbo it can be done and its a lot of fun... I u want more info is a pleasure helping u out http://www.cardomain.com/membe...8-239 [IMG][/IMG] http://www.cardomain.com/membe...8-239 [IMG][/IMG] http://www.cardomain.com/membe...7-239 [IMG][/IMG]

Attached files
BlueCrush

Re: 1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore (vibeturbopr)

Post by BlueCrush »

HOLY CRAP!!!!! That's Awesome!!!! 325hp....Did you upgrade your tranny as well?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kevera

Re: 1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore (BlueCrush)

Post by kevera »

Nice!!!Outside dyno FTW!!!Did redliner9k help with the tuning.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
keithvibe

Re: 1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore

Post by keithvibe »

WOW.... I will have to check out the it after dinner.... Where are the videos???? and the dyno post slips
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
vibeturbopr

Re: 1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore (kevera)

Post by vibeturbopr »

no... the tranny is stock except the clutch disc and the pressure plate until now the tranny is holding up ... for u to know i dont abuse the tranny i treat her well and i use royal purple oil for the transmission .... but is holding up pretty good
vibeturbopr

Re: 1zz-fe Turbocharged not a dream anymore (keithvibe)

Post by vibeturbopr »

no it was Autosports tuning here in PR.. redliner is really a good tuner he help me out giving me some good input on the engine...
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

go to youtube.. http://www.youtube.com/results...&aq=fhere is the vibe at the dyno were it got the 325whp... the dyno sheet i miss place it as soon as I found it i let you know .... go to this link and u can see the whole procces of upgrading the car ans more pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2700241
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

That is awesome.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

is a good motor... there's to many people underestimate the motor....
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

i just want to know how can it eliminate the rev limiter or just put the redline at 7,100rpm or 7,500rpm.. with needing to put a e-manage ultimate or putting a microtech....
keithvibe

Re: (vibeturbopr)

Post by keithvibe »

Is it me or was your car throwing out lots and lots of smoke out the exhaust... and not the good kind of smoke??
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

man, go figure you're in PR. you guys do some amazing things with just about ANY car! Seen some crazy crazy numbers for stock STI's too. just amazing! nice job!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
NibCrom

Post by NibCrom »

Well done sir. I'll be interested to hear how long your transmission holds. So this has 325 whp? How much is that estimated to be at the crank? 375+? Crazy!
vibeturbopr

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by vibeturbopr »

heyyy our theory is that the old turbo that i got just before the garret one (the good one) was leaking oil and we belive is the oil in the exhaust because now with the garrtet turbo is not smoking.. that run was with the garrett turbo on just like few days with it.... a week later the smoke disappear
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

the tranny up till now is holding up ... but there's no burnouts and no shifting... i think thats why is holding up... i have a electronic boost controller so i have two set ups the 275whp and the 325whp.. and with the boost controller off 210whp so the tranny doesnot suffer that mucho
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

Thats flippin awesome!
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I would like to see the dyno sheets and AFR log?One other thing that a friend pointed out is making that 180degree turn right out of the turbo is hurting your HP numbers, if you had a less restrictive turn you could increase your numbers.Isn't your intercooler a tad small for such large hp numbers. I would think you would want to use a larger intercooler. What size is that anyways?
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

I have a dual side sparco interecooler at mu house it that got no time to put it.. the intercooler seems smal but since is dual side is much bigger that it seems .. the working hop for it is 300whp when it gets hot it drops from 325 to 300hp is not that bad .. but ur right
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

The engine is strong now that you have upgraded all the crappy parts, put that turbo set-up on a true stock 1zz and watched the rods fly through the block!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

nope.... i have crower connecting rod forged... jjejejeje
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

every engine that is high compression and is not superchatged or turbo... the rods are going to fly away... so if you want to make and engine supercharged or turbo... is not the psi that brakes the engine is HP that does... so if you want HP you need to go forged...
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

That's awesome! How much total do you think this cost you?
bull77

Post by bull77 »

crazy!!
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

That is awesome!!!!!!!!
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
vibeturbopr

Re: (bull77)

Post by vibeturbopr »

the mods are not really that expensive.. compared to what the mechanic is going to charged you.. I think that aprox i have spend $10,000 including mechanic labor, dyno, tuning( few different tuning because i changed the set a few timer that means new tuning), all the turbo set up, forged pistons rods, port and polish head.. tires... THe expensive stuff is the mechanic charging u for the upgrades.... But i dont regret my mechanic he is awsome in racing cars .. he is the sh..t here in Puerto Rico thats why he charges a little bit more... If you what quality you got to pay the price !!
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

dont look for a chep crapy turbo or a cheap crapy intercooler.. becuase ur gonna expend twice the money becuase you wil end up buying a expensive good turbo and intercooler... so just go for the good turbos.. like garrte dinamic turbos like mine or the ball bearing ones...
joholste

Post by joholste »

so do you have any ECU maps?? also where did you get the manifold from
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

agreed. your parts going into the car are important. don't cheap out and buy crap.I have a TD06-20G that will be going onto my STI this May. Got a great price (used) and a new Perrin TMIC. I see there are more and more vendors starting to make quality parts for the 1zz/2zz now.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
vibeturbopr

Re: (joholste)

Post by vibeturbopr »

the manifold was made by a machine shop custom fit.. i dont have any ecu maps here there at the tuner computer in the e-manage program... the A/R is 11.2-11.3
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by vibeturbopr »i just want to know how can it eliminate the rev limiter or just put the redline at 7,100rpm or 7,500rpm.. with needing to put a e-manage ultimate or putting a microtech....Congrats on getting turboed!One way you can get the rev limiter in that range is to get an ECU out of a 2002 Celica. Maybe for cheap from a salvage yard. Or from a MR2 spyder from around the same year. Other than that, the only way I know to do that is to use stand alone engine management. (Power FC, or Hydra EMS)I just switched to a 6 speed tranny after breaking my stock one after 6 years of being turboed. I am running around 200-250whp . You are bound to break yours with the power you are putting down; it depends on how you drive. The 6 speed bolted right up from an 05 vibe. (mine is 2003)I wish I did the swap a long time ago, it makes a HUGE difference. I highly recomend it. BTW, my A/F ratios are similar, 11:1 -11.5:1 ..I retard no timing. Sure is fun to drive eh?
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
kevera

Re: (Faultline)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by vibeturbopr »i just want to know how can it eliminate the rev limiter or just put the redline at 7,100rpm or 7,500rpm.. with needing to put a e-manage ultimate or putting a microtech....It's possible,you'll need this from Greddy(speed cut controller)http://www.greddy.com/products...ry=52(second from the bottom)Hope that helps.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
vibeturbopr

Post by vibeturbopr »

thanks !!! did your broke with stock internals or forged ones?
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by vibeturbopr »thanks !!! did your broke with stock internals or forged ones?Just to be clear, I broke my tranny. not the motor
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

that's one insane 1ZZ. there's a post on MO some where i couldn't find it but this company said they can get the 1ZZ to rev up to 8500nvm its on newcelica forums 1ZZ NA 185whp... watch out 2ZZ guys!I build a lot of ZZ engines but the majority tend to be 2ZZ. It's nice when every now and then I'm asked to do something a little different and that's what has happened here. MWR was asked to build a strong, reliable, streetable NA 1ZZ engine with the maximum possible output. Here's what I came up with:(standard notes apply- torque is on a different scale so the lines do not cross at 5250 and the torque curve looks lumpy despite being between 130 and 153 wtq from 3000-7400 which is remarkably flat. Measured on a Dynapack dyno which reads similarly to a Dynojet. Stock 1ZZ's typically register 117-118whp or so on this unit)- We now offer a 2.75" or 3" short cold air intake for the MR2-S, it works with the 1ZZ or 2ZZ. When I put the 3" unit on this car it picked up 8-9hp over the 1ZZ AEM CAI that was on it though the old air filter was pretty dirty so I don't claim everyone will see that increase. PFC is required since the larger tube throws off the air meter signal scaling. We now have a good base map for this configuration so that can be preloaded in PFCs.http://store.monkeywrenchracin...=1032- The engine is built to run on 91 octane and be driven daily. If someone wants to run 93-94 octane, E85, race gas, whatever then we can definitely push the compression ratio higher and get more power.- MWR rods were used to ensure revving to 8k+ would be reliable.- The Crower stage 3 cams work great. Midrange punch is strong, idle is ok, top end is fantastic. MWR valves, springs and Ti retainers keep valve motion under control to 8k+ and improve flow.- The port work on this head worked great. We've fine tuned our porting especially on the 1ZZ head and now port them specifically to suit the 82mm bore.- We've now done this 1zz spyder header a few times and it has worked great. Currently looking at making a batch of them.- Circuitworx oil pump and Moroso oil pan keep the oil system working great in all conditions.I'm happy with the results. The torque is fantastic and blows away any 2ZZ short of a built stroker. Like I mentioned, higher compression could push power output even higher. We are also working on a prototype intake manifold that could provide a significant improvement as well. 185 is great but more is always better of course. For now I'm happy with a ~77hp increase at the crankshaft. 215hp at the crank from a lowly 1ZZ!If anyone wants to bring their car here so I can build the first 190+ whp NA 1ZZ let me know. I'll get you a quote Seriously though, if you're curious what a setup like this would cost you can see the prices for most of the parts on the website. Figure another $1500 or so for install and tuning.__________________Matt @ Monkeywrenchhttp://www.monkeywrenchracing.com2001 Celica drag car 666whp 2ZZ @ 30psi / 10.9@140 at 28psi / 202mph @ 25psi in the standing mile2000 Celica GT-S 412whp with MWR turbo @ 16psi and stock engine / 550whp with MWR turbo @ 26psi on 93 octane - 11.5@129 on 93 octane2001 MR2-S turbo - 508 whp - 10.85@130i cant get a link to it but go on newcelica.org and do a search forums not Google one and type in 1ZZ NA 185whp